Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 I did the Pink Floyd/Wizard of Oz thing last night

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 11/01/2001 : 2:37:45 PM
(minus the acid dropping)

but it was still pretty freaky! Especially when she opens the door to the color.

I had two questions though. We weren't really sure what to do when the cd ran out. Do you put the cd on repeat or do the similarities stop after the first playing.

Also, Pink Floyd claims they didn't do it on purpose right? My roomate says he thought he read that they finally admitted to doing it, I never heard that but there are a heck of a lot of cooincidences.

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 11/25/2009 : 6:58:21 PM
And Kludt missed erasing one in this thread. Its about 4 above this one. ;)
albertstrange Posted - 11/25/2009 : 11:38:39 AM
Memories, like the backwash of my mind....
Frank
Fluffy Posted - 11/03/2001 : 05:38:00 AM
Found the earlier thread:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=246

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Fluffy Posted - 11/03/2001 : 05:33:25 AM
Yea, just have the CD repeat and it continues to sync up. That is one of the reasons I chalk it up more to the syncronicity of life than some carefully planned idea. Imagine trying to create music that would sync up with more than 1 thing. The chances are utterly mindboggling. To write an album that makes as much sense all by itself and at the same time have it apply to a totally unrelated movie is just to much work, think about how hard it would be and I think you can arrive at the same realization that I have, It would be almost impossible. The confessions by Pink Floyd are urban legend, I just read in Guitar Player(I think) about the whole PF catalog and there was nary a mention of the coincedence,which surprised me, but there was certainly no confession of the WofO plot. I discussed it with TR after reading the article and he has pointed me toward a book that discusses this phenomenon in great detail. Syncronicity of Life that is. I will let you all know more when I have details. You know this topic was covered a bit in an old thread. I will see if I can find the link.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
David Kludt Posted - 11/02/2001 : 10:24:45 PM
Yup, I'm a little outside the Milwaukee area...hopefully will be going to college at UW-Madison next year...It's all about Wisconsin!

-David
-kludt@execpc.com
-http://www.execpc.com/~kludt/trade.html
Poparad Posted - 11/02/2001 : 4:44:39 PM
Here's a site that has info on a bunch of these synch things:

http://home.xnet.com/~arkiver/synch/noframe.shtml

Saint Jude Posted - 11/02/2001 : 1:27:30 PM
It's like the commercial says Isaac... "Behold, the power of cheese."

This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to - TOOL
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/02/2001 : 1:17:06 PM
Poparad, tell us more.

-Jason-

'F*** that, man, I don't play songs. I jam.'
Poparad Posted - 11/02/2001 : 11:25:30 AM
You can do the same thing with Fantasia and the Smashing Pumpkins album "Siamese Dream" I think I remember reading that there are two different ways to synch the cd with the movie.

Isaac Posted - 11/02/2001 : 08:54:30 AM
Wow are you from Wisconsins too David? If so DAAAAMN are we fat with Wisconsin people on this board. Soon we will overpower you outlanders with the power of our cows and cheese MWAHAHAHA

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
David Kludt Posted - 11/02/2001 : 05:29:20 AM
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/02/2001 : 02:05:13 AM
Loop the cd. It should end up playing thru about two times and a half.

Peace

-Jason-

'F*** that, man, I don't play songs. I jam.'
Silky The Pimp Posted - 11/01/2001 : 6:16:42 PM
Supposedly Roger Waters was obsessed with that movie back in the day... mix that with a shitload of narcotics and some creativity and voila. It is WAY to accurate to be a coincidence. At the Ga. Theater at UGA they play "Dark Side Of Oz" from time to time... a friend of mine went there and said they were handing out rolling paper at the door. I guess if you can't fight it... embrace it.
-J

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000