Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 The Saddest Story Ever:

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jay Posted - 09/30/2003 : 8:43:52 PM
So me and Yon Capt. P. have this biology teacher...He's Mr. Mizen. He's one of those teachers that has a reputation as a jerk, but turns out really nice and friendly. Well anyway, I wanted to tell you all this story about him, and it's quite possibly the saddest story of all time...

So it was Christmas Eve about five years ago, and Mizen and his wife needed to wrap some Christmas presents...Get the kids out of the house, right? So Mizen gets his mother to take his oldest son, Jeremy, to church. Mizen wraps up his son's Christmas gifts and waits for his mother to return from church. It didn't happen...his mother's car skidded off the road, resulting in a horrible accident...His son (who was 5 or 6 at the time, I think) suffered major head trauma, and was in the hospital for a while...He died a few days later. As Mizen explains to us, his son died too slowly for them to salvage any organs for donation. They couldn't even use the corneas.

Now, every year around Christmas time, our school holds a charity fundraiser in Jeremy's name...all of the proceeds are used to buy gifts for the people who can't offord them or for sick people in the hospital...Last year I didn't donate because I wasn't familiar with the story, and, as I heard, Mizen was a jerk. This year it's different...Now I feel like donating everything I have...Every time Mizen talks about his son, he walks over to his desk and takes a big gulp of coffee...It's amazing how much he's dealt with. He's quite possibly the coolest, funniest teacher I've ever had, and he keeps the class very interested...So far, I'm one of the best students he has...I'm the best in my class by 2% (I have a 97%) Wow...I need a gulp of coffee...
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KevinLesko Posted - 10/01/2003 : 01:47:40 AM
not to take away from the sheer sadness of this story, but on a sidenote... just goes to show you the power of sweet sweet coffee!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Arthen Posted - 09/30/2003 : 9:15:46 PM
That's very sad. There are few things worse than losing a child.

He's an extremely tough person.

Also, congratulations on your grades.
KevinLesko Posted - 09/30/2003 : 9:08:32 PM
Wow Jay, that's a pretty heavy story. I doubt very seriously that I would be able to handle a situation such as that, but it is good to hear that he was able to make at least some good out of such a disasterous situation.

PS, congrats on that grade, keep that up, it will only help you.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000