Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 If you liked Endless Summer...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tericee Posted - 09/29/2003 : 10:10:37 PM
... go see "Step Into Liquid"

After the movers left today, I went to the local art house to see the latest surfing documentary. It was fabulous. Among the first titles to appear on screen are:

No Special Effects
No Stuntmen

And boy did they have some great surfing footage! They highlighted different locations than Endless Summer did, plus they tried to cover new surfing technology and techniques that are out there. Beautiful to watch, and interesting too. I highly recommend it.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KevinLesko Posted - 10/01/2003 : 02:07:00 AM
I might also add to this list a book called "Pipe Dreams" by Slater. Haven't checked it out yet, but I can tell you we had some copies for sale up on the counters at work, and they have sold out.

tericee Posted - 09/30/2003 : 10:28:19 AM
Kelly Slater and Rob Machado were both featured in Step into Liquid, but only for one or two segments. (Brush with fame: I briefly met Machado when he made an appearance at Sharkeez in Hermosa Beach.) They also showcased a kid from Australia named Taj something. He was amazing! The way he rode the waves was like a snowboarder in a half pipe. Hard to describe, but great to watch!
SurferX Posted - 09/30/2003 : 02:32:10 AM
I saw the trailer for this on Apple's web site. It looks so amazing. I've been meaning to drive down to either Hollywood or Santa Monica to check it out.

Also, another excellent surf movie is "The September Sessions". It's the 2nd film directed by Jack Johnson (yes, THAT Jack Johnson...his first was called Thicker Than Water, and is also amazing!). It's got Kelly Slater and Rob Machado in it. It's another awesome film.

Oh yeah, if anyone wants to check out any of the movies that Tericee and I have mentioned, here are a couple of links...

http://www.stepintoliquid.com/ (Has locations where the film is playing)
http://www.jackjohnsonmusic.com/films.aspx (You can check out screen caps, and order both films on DVD...Well worth the investment!)

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000