Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Finally, some good news for music fans...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 09/04/2003 : 7:58:21 PM
Universal cuts CD prices

Music company lowers prices up to 30% in attempt to win back customers downloading songs.
September 4, 2003: 2:03 PM EDT

NEW YORK (CNN) - Hoping to win back customers lost to free music downloads, one record company is slashing prices.

Universal Music Group said Wednesday it is cutting the suggested retail price of its compact discs to $12.98 from current prices ranging from $16.98 to $18.98.

The change is effective Oct. 1.

Universal sells nearly 30 percent of all albums in the United States, according to the company. Artists in its catalog include Eminem, Dr Dre, Sting, Elton John and Ashanti. The price cut also includes its catalog of older albums, with music by The Who, Jimi Hendrix, Ella Fitzgerald and Nirvana.

"The music industry has really been under siege.... The illegal file-sharing and peer-to-peer sites have really eaten into the music business in the last few years," Jim Urie, president of Universal Music and Video Distribution, said on CNNfn's The Biz Thursday. He estimated that industry-wide sales are down 30 percent from four years ago due to illegal downloads.

"We feel like we've got to make this change to make music a better value for the consumer," he said. "There's no question we're down to the sweet spot with consumers."

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Saint Jude Posted - 09/04/2003 : 8:15:33 PM
good, the lower it gets the better. they still make quite a good profit since it only costs like $2 to make a cd/booklet/jewel case.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000