Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Haven't been this excited for a long time...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jay Posted - 08/29/2003 : 4:15:05 PM
So uh, I think you've all heard me mention my friend Abe...He's the one with the red dreadlocks...Well, we were all hangin' oot at his dad's place, which is the coolest place on earth, on the last night of summer vacation (Last Tuesday night). Abe's dad is a great musician, he plays drums, guitar, and fiddle expertly, as well as a bunch of other cool things...well, anyway, he has this room set up in his house with a drumset and a bunch of amps and shit, so he says, "Why don't you guys go play some music?" So Abe and I, plus our friends Nick and Anthony (who's possibly the best musician my age I've ever heard) got together around midnight, turned everything up loud and jammed till about three A.M...keep in mind that Abe's dad had to get up at six the next morning to drive 35 miles away to deliver mail...That gives you an idea of what kinda guy he is! So now, me, Antwonne, and Abe have formed a band...and hell, we sound good...mostly just cause Anthony plays drums and guitar and kicks our asses at it, but it's more fun than a barrel of lime-cured frog legs. I'm having such a good time jamming with these guys it's unbelivable...I suggest everyone here start a band, now.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Miss Sorrel Posted - 09/03/2003 : 08:09:41 AM
huh?
Fluffy Posted - 09/03/2003 : 01:30:33 AM
When you hear the title HOTEL CALIFORNIA it would be safe to assume that it would make one think of CALIFORNIA, NOT ME!!! Strangely, I think of Puerto Rico whenever I hear that title. STRAAAANGE!!!(or is it stron-J?) Oh well, whatever, NEVERMIND!!
Miss Sorrel Posted - 09/02/2003 : 10:00:23 PM
Wow Jay that's really awesome!! In fact... that's great for all of our boarders who are in bands... I hope you all are really proud of your talents... I'm sure for many of you music is natural, but it still takes a certain mentality and skill to even know a few notes! Trust me... I've been trying for over 10 years trying to figure out how to play guitar and can't get beyond "Hotel California"... and I don't even like that song!
Jay Posted - 08/31/2003 : 11:42:24 AM
That's awesome! We wrote a couple tunes already, one is dedicated to Dust Off, another is dedicated to Cellophane (Actually, that's one of my "solo" pieces...Suedo-classical-creepy style), plus a few jams...Anthony is such a great guitar player and drummer that we need only to come up with a simple chord progression, he'll do the rest and make it into a sweet tune...
Saint Jude Posted - 08/30/2003 : 11:38:01 PM
I myself just formed a new band w/ my former band's singer.

the drummer was to busy, and bass was canadian, so that fell apart.

new stuff i am very excited about, much more expiremental, and as long as its good, we will play it.

our old drummer wanted us to be nu-metal heavy... but the singer and i arnt like that, and can not write songs in said style.

so you will be hearing stuff from my new band soon im sure.

its more along the lines of pumpkins, floyd, cure.

wrote one song on the first day of the 3 of us gettin together, (me - guitar, dan - vox/guitar, and joe - drums)

we might get a new singer/violin player chick, not sure if she is very interested in being in a band, but she had fun when she came in to play w/ us, and she sounded good.

now all we need is a bass.

soon you will hear from us.
Jay Posted - 08/30/2003 : 9:44:39 PM
Anthony and I have an extreme hatred for punk music.
dan p. Posted - 08/30/2003 : 3:45:24 PM
i can't listen to punk music. of almost all the punk bands i've seen and heard, like maybe two have basic profiency on their instruments.
Jay Posted - 08/29/2003 : 11:23:14 PM
Well, Anthony and I pretty much have the same musical view...He can anticipate everything I'm gonna play and keep up. We've agreed already not to get in eachothers way and that each of us will have total freedom in what to play...Anthony was in a few punk bands before this and he had problems...So we're all really excited about this...And another plus is that we're all very very good friends...Three laid back hippies jamming in a wash-up hippie's backroom...how awesome!
Arthen Posted - 08/29/2003 : 9:50:35 PM
I've never played in a full band, just with my friend, so more a duo than a band.

I'd like to play in a full band, but I've got to agree with Dan. Sometimes original intentions get screwed. Solo stuff can be the best. So can playing in a band. It depends on the people.
dan p. Posted - 08/29/2003 : 9:00:59 PM
eh. i was already in a band. i loved it. the thrill of the music is greater when amplified through many people. you know everyone there is digging it as much as you. it's almost as if it passes through you and to the next person. like lightning or something. but your own vision of the music gets comprimised and things don't turn out the true to the origional vision of each member, and because of that, the thrill is diminshed (hahaha.) that's why after the band broke up and my other band never really started up, i decided to do solo stuff. i prefer it to a band.
bugman96 Posted - 08/29/2003 : 6:35:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jay

I suggest everyone here start a band, now.

I'm working on it.
PJK Posted - 08/29/2003 : 5:47:05 PM
Jay thats awesome! I am so happy for you! When can we expect a cd, hehe. Abe's dad sounds like such a cool guy, he must love music since he let you guys jam til 3am! My kind of person!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000