Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 So about this whole friggin california recall

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 08/25/2003 : 3:06:17 PM
oh boy, where to start. I initially did not support the recall. Davis was elected govenor twice by the people. There were people everywhere trying to get me to sign the petition, but I wasnt about to just sign something without knowing about it. But recently, I realized first hand that there is an economic crisis here in CA. This year the tuition was raised in the entire University of California, and with no money in their budget, my financial aid was lessened. This is a major problem for, since now I have to accept more loans to pay for schoool. Also, I have to admit I wasn't thrilled at the prospect of Arnold running, because I know Californians will vote for him simply off name recognition, without hearing his stances on anything.

Now though, I am slowly seeing my support for Arnold. I like the fact that he is breaking traditional nonsence, for example, hiring a prominant democrat as his consultant, and having many liberal stances, despite being a republican.

The problem I still have though, is that the latest poll shows only a 50% favor rate of a recall at all, so what I want to know is how much is this whole recall going to cost, especially if it all ends up for not, and Davis stays in office. For those of you who do not live in CA, it really is a mess.
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GRock Posted - 10/08/2003 : 12:17:49 PM
i think arnold is intending to run an open governorship. so we'll know where his campaign monies come from and what he is doing to fix stuff. and when we see the legislature dropping the ball he'll come out a victor. it's amazing that you have to worm your way to the top in politics but if you are simply honest, how many people will like you. just amazing how they play off eachother.
Arthen Posted - 10/08/2003 : 12:04:21 PM
Well, all we get to do is sit back and watch what happens.
KevinLesko Posted - 10/08/2003 : 02:09:40 AM
heck yeah, I no longer live in California, LONG LIVE CAWL-LEE-FORNYA.

For those who don't know what I am talking about, that is how my new governer pronounces the state's name. I'm happy that he won though, I voted for the guy. I truly feel that a non-career politician will help matters moreso than a career politician who would be more woried about his alies and not burning bridges.
tericee Posted - 09/04/2003 : 5:12:42 PM
I didn't vote in California anyway, even though I was stationed there. I am happy to never have to sit through another California political TV commercial though.

teri :)
Fluffy Posted - 08/27/2003 : 4:58:13 PM
Teri, sounds like you got out of CA in the nick of TIMe. LOL

Catch phrases like:

Higher taxes:
Hasta La Vista, BABY!

People trying to block the Medical Marijuana inituitive:
Fuck You, ASSHOLE!!

Doing Charity Drives:
Your Clothes, GIVE THEM TO ME!

When it comes TIMe for running for re-election:
I'LL BE BACK!!!

Arnolds list of onscreen choices for answers to BIG questions he might be asked:

[The Terminator visualizes:
POSSIBLE RESPONSE -
YES/NO / OR WHAT? / PLEASE COME BACK LATER / FUCK YOU, ASSHOLE / FUCK YOU.]
Arthen Posted - 08/26/2003 : 12:08:59 PM
And I can't wait to hear his re-election campaign slogans.

"I'll be back!"
therippa Posted - 08/26/2003 : 11:57:06 AM

I ham running for da goobernatahrial vace!
dan p. Posted - 08/26/2003 : 09:30:00 AM
i agree. i think arnold will do a good job of getting liberals and conservatives together to work instead of bicker and make fun of each other like a bunch of children. you can see he's already bridging some of the gaps. besides, if anyone gets out of line, he can just punch them in the throat.
Arthen Posted - 08/26/2003 : 02:28:02 AM
Well, there's not much that could get worse.
PJK Posted - 08/25/2003 : 8:41:12 PM
I am sure being married to a woman who is not only a democrat, but a Kennedy, is proof enough that Arnold respects different people's views. I too think that hiring a democrat for a consultant says a lot as well.

Good luck to all of you who live in sunny Califonia! Hope things get better for you.
Arthen Posted - 08/25/2003 : 7:45:06 PM
Um...probably. But, the idea is if you get someone new in there, they may be able to work better with the Legislature. I think Arnold has the best chance of getting Left and Right to work together.
tericee Posted - 08/25/2003 : 5:30:50 PM
How much will change with Davis gone? Isn't the state legislature part of the problem? If, say, Arnold wins, will he be able to change much without their support?
Arthen Posted - 08/25/2003 : 4:20:30 PM
I understand. We here at the CSUs are feeling the tuition hike.

I like the prospect of Arnold because he is definitely centrist and he's definitely "mixing it up".

I've heard figures around $30 Million for the recall. That kind of bothers me, and it will more so if it doesn't get Davis out of office.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000