Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Some new music reviews...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 10/29/2001 : 11:42:36 PM
I listened to a lot of new cd's that I've been meaning to check out this weekend, since I know we've been discussing a few of these bands, I thought what the hell... I'll give my opinions.

+Live+ V: I was not at all impressed. Mental Jewlrey is one of the best albums I own, but this doesn't even seem like Live at all. Booooo

Gipsy Kings "Somos Gitanos": I dunno if there are any other Gipsy King fans around here, but these vato-locos get down!! I've been waiting for a new album (not another friggin best of) and they didn't dissapoint, some very catchy tunes on here!

Ben Folds "Rockin the Suburbs": I'd heard a lot of good things about this album and although I think it is good, I wouldn't call it great. Certainly not as good as some of the earlier BF5 cds. (By the way, I want to get the new BF5 DVD, does anyone have it? If so how is it?)

System of a Down "Toxicity": Oh yeah, this one rocks! I remember in one of Fluffy's threads we were saying how not all music has to be amazing, or move you to new levels, and that sometimes it just rocks... well this one just rocks!

I think there may have been a few more, but studying has fried my brain. If anyone else has heard these or any other new music, I'd like to hear about it. I'm always lookin to check out new stuff

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 10/31/2001 : 04:41:30 AM
Not to contradict you Baboonboy, but just to offer up another opinion of Oysterhead. While at Tim's studio, I say the above mentioned CD. I was quite excited for its release as I am also a huge Copeland fan. Tim preceeded to inform me that it is not all we expected. I have not heard it yet but from what Tim told me, Stewarts playing is not very moving on it and he was quite disappointed with the release. Which I find sad, as I was really looking forward to it. I will post my critique when I finally hear it. Anybody else heard it? Your comments welcome here.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Baboonboy Posted - 10/30/2001 : 11:51:32 PM
The oysterhead disc is good musically... I mean...its got Stewart Copeland...who could ask for anything more? Unfortunatly it has Trey rather than Tim... hmmph. :) Its good... It would be great if you took away the guitar and bass though...hehehe....

Nah..its pretty good... Get it on morpheus or something first though.. :)

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
KevinLesko Posted - 10/30/2001 : 02:10:54 AM
Hey, I checked out that Mandelgroove song, very cool indeed. (Especially on headphones). I'll most likely get some more songs from them.

I remembered something else I wanted to ax y'all. The new Oysterhead cd... how is that?

Also Victor Wooten's new live double disc, those are two that I want to check out and any imput would be appreciated.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/30/2001 : 01:08:57 AM
I've been thinking about getting the System of A Down album. That one song rocks, but I figured that like all new bands, the one song would be great, and the rest would all sound the same or all suck equally bad, or both worst case scenario.

So maybe when I get some extra cheese, I'll go get it.

Peace

-Jason-

Philosophy is a study that lets up be unhappy more intelligently.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 10/30/2001 : 12:03:45 AM
If you're looking for something totally different... get "The Blue Man Group: Audio." It is all instrumental... very rhytmic music. On different songs there might be up to 6 or 7 percussionists performing at once. You might consider downloading a song or two... I would recommend "Mandelgroove." It is some very cool stuff.
-Jeff

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000