Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Butterflies at Weddings

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LoveToday Posted - 08/08/2003 : 2:23:03 PM
I went to a wedding last weekend. They handed out small wax-paper envelopes. We were instructed to open the envelopes just as the JP announced "husband and wife". In these envelopes were live monarch butterflies. It was 95 degrees. I did not accept my envelope. As I looked around at that moment of release, butterflies were falling to the ground all around me It was like genocide. Dead, steamed monarch butterflies covered in their own shit.. all over the ground. I can't imagine a more humiliating death. A few made it but the majority did not. What is it about weddings that make people so retarded? Isn't it about celebrating love? Buddah is SO frowning right now.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
victorwootenfan Posted - 08/09/2003 : 9:10:13 PM
It could be worse...releasing doves from a box that had overheated, and the doves falling out, dead... THAT would suck!!
KevinLesko Posted - 08/09/2003 : 9:06:08 PM
That is pretty awful about the butterflies, I'll have to tell that story to my girlfriend Nicole, as she is TERRIFIED of moths/butterflies. Come to think of it, a lot of wedding traditions seem pretty goofy when you think about them, I mean who would want to drive around a nice car while dragging old cans behind you?
Miss Sorrel Posted - 08/09/2003 : 2:32:40 PM
Wow... yeah what a horrible way to start a marriage... seeing many beautiful things die... I am sure the bride and groom were estatic...

And as for balloons, perhaps a very lovely thing to see, but maybe this really only applies to people living on a coast that I would advice not to do that... On the island I grew up on it was like a sin to let go of balloons because I suppose that the pull of the wind or something would always bring them to the water, and then they could be confused as jelly fish and birds and sea turtles try to eat them, and of course would then join the butterflies in the big home in the sky.

I've also been seeing at more weddings that instead of throwing rice, which was choking birds, they would throw bird seeds/feed instead... But wedding attire is expensive who the hell wants sunflower seeds and crap thrown at the most expenisive outfit they'll ever where.

Fluffy Posted - 08/08/2003 : 5:04:22 PM
Ouch, thats HARSH!!! At my friends funeral they handed out balloons and had everyone release them on cue. I think this is a much better idea. I didn't notice any balloons drop dead even though it was also 95 degrees. It was quite beautiful and moving and it made me cry. Although, I am sure the site of the all the dead butterflies dropping to the ground would have evoked the same emotional response from me, mixed with a bunch of anger. HEHE Hopefully, one day, people will learn.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000