Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Flecktones at the Minnesota Zoo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
JTR Posted - 08/01/2003 : 6:12:47 PM
Well, if they're not the best musicians at their respective instruments, then they are the best showmen at their instruments. Damn that was a good show last night. My favorite moment was when a plane passed overhead and all four Flecktones stopped mid-measure, waited for the engine noise to subside, and resumed right where they left off. Then Coffin threw in a nice low blare from his sax to mimic the plane. It was sweet. So many moments of sweetness I can't deal. Now, I only have TR to see and I can die a very happy man.
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
victorwootenfan Posted - 08/07/2003 : 2:08:39 PM
speaking of wooten, i relaly need to get his tab book! I heard it's very very good, done by the man himself!
{=HTG=} Posted - 08/05/2003 : 1:27:29 PM
Victor owns all -

Arthen Posted - 08/05/2003 : 12:39:21 AM
Yeah, Vic's solo is so awesome now. I like it more than the old Amazing Grace ( which was amazing in its own right ).
JTR Posted - 08/04/2003 : 10:23:32 PM
As for the setlist, I'm not sure, I haven't been keeping track of the names of all their new stuff, and they only played about 2 or 3 old songs, like A Moment So Close and Breakfast Feud were the closers I'm pretty sure. Bela did a bunch of different songs in his solo portion, including a couple Beatles covers that everyone sang along with, some Bach, and the Beverly Hillbillies theme. Bela actually said that this was first time they'd played so much new material all at once, so, that's why I only knew a few songs.

They did indeed do that slapping each others hands away while playing each others frets. In fact, Wooten hit Fleck when he wasn't expecting it or something, because Bela dropped one of his finger picks and had to pick it up. Damn things are sharp, wouldn't want to step on one. But of course, there was no break in the music.

Another cool part was, of course, Wooten's solo section, when he sampled like 3 or 4 riffs on some pedals and made a sweet groove to play to. Kind of reminded me of the theme from Ferris Bueller's Day Off. Again, easily of the best shows I've ever seen.
Arthen Posted - 08/04/2003 : 4:43:43 PM
Fucking one of the best concerts I'd ever been too.

What songs did you get to hear JTR?
KevinLesko Posted - 08/04/2003 : 3:54:08 PM
quote:
i'm curious, did Bela and Victor do that funny thing where they play each others instruments?

I know what you mean, they did that when I saw them last October and it was aweosme, one would reach over, slap a note on the other one's guitar/banjo and then they would play off the note. Very unique.
victorwootenfan Posted - 08/04/2003 : 07:34:28 AM
wooten band is coming to roanoke soon enough...i'm gonna try to go.

flecktones cd soon too!
TalkingNeurons Posted - 08/03/2003 : 4:13:59 PM
Damnit, I want to see them again!!

They're incredible.
Saint Jude Posted - 08/02/2003 : 12:12:21 PM
where do u live JTR?
victorwootenfan Posted - 08/02/2003 : 10:47:19 AM
that rocks! I'm sure as always they put together a good show...only a few more days until the new flecktones cd...YES!
Fleabass76 Posted - 08/02/2003 : 03:29:18 AM
Why didn't I get tickets!?!??

{=HTG=} Posted - 08/02/2003 : 03:12:44 AM
quote:
Well, if they're not the best musicians at their respective instruments, then they are the best showmen at their instruments. Damn that was a good show last night. My favorite moment was when a plane passed overhead and all four Flecktones stopped mid-measure, waited for the engine noise to subside, and resumed right where they left off. Then Coffin threw in a nice low blare from his sax to mimic the plane. It was sweet. So many moments of sweetness I can't deal. Now, I only have TR to see and I can die a very happy man.

Wow, sounded like a great show. But i'm curious, did Bela and Victor do that funny thing where they play each others instruments?

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000