Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 I Saw Phish Live!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/25/2003 : 6:43:34 PM
YAY!!! I'm going to see phish at the altell pavillion in Raleigh North Carolina this sunday nite!! They are my favoritest band in the whole flippin' world, and i will get to see them for the first time ever!! YAY!!

Review to come...
24   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/31/2003 : 1:32:11 PM
that sucks man... i just was turned off by all the people who came just to get messed up on drugs, or to sell stuff...and no one seemed like they were really even listening to any of the music!
Saint Jude Posted - 07/31/2003 : 1:14:56 PM
the fans are the exact reason that i wont see dmb again.

before the show some chick puked right behind us.... on a downward slanted hill.
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/31/2003 : 07:32:21 AM
i'm sorry...flamin moe minus 2 posts then anyone!
{=HTG=} Posted - 07/31/2003 : 01:14:39 AM
Another 20th post filled with mindless filth and no Flaming Moe
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/30/2003 : 07:14:30 AM
yep, or some of the people who get on the TR boards and ask when tim is playing with dave again, or how great dave is(we haven't had too many people like that in awhile). Most of the TIMe we respond to them well, but sometimes it just gets silly.

Speaking of random people who've visited the board in the past year or 2, anyone remember the person that was looking for live blink 182 shows?!? now that was silly!
KevinLesko Posted - 07/29/2003 : 4:25:46 PM
Sorry to hear about the tree-huggers man, but glad to hear you enjoyed the music. That does indeed sound very hypocritical of the fans, because I'm sure that they once had a "first show" too. Kinda reminds me how some of the DMB boards are now. You get a new fan who comes along, asks a question, and they bite your head off for not knowing something. That's why I love the TR Task force, because we are here to HELP!
Arthen Posted - 07/29/2003 : 12:19:42 PM
That's awesome about the Jazz Fest Evergreen. That's one more reason why I don't like the west coast. Nothing like that happens out here, with the musicians that I really like.
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/29/2003 : 09:08:12 AM
thanks evergreen for the info. I've talked to some other people online who were at the show, and they said that their were some of those bad kind of people(sketchy was the word they used) at the show, and that not all shows are that bad. I figure i should try out a few more shows, and see how it goes.

Evergreen Posted - 07/29/2003 : 08:26:18 AM
llama and seven below....2 of my fav's. I really love sample (in my car)....I often sing this one to myself when I'm out collecting driftwood, beach glass and fossils and filling up the car with my treasures...heehee.

I'd like to just comment about your comment
"this disheartened me about the hippie movement".

I have about 3 minutes to spare so I'll come back for the thesis later j/k. I would not consider the phish fans anything close to hippies or part of any hippie movement(not that everything hippies did was great). They may TRY and imitate fans from past bands and trends they set (for example,the grateful dead), but phish fans came along after the hippie movement fizzled out. I've been to hundreds of dead shows and I even missed most of the hippie fan phase. Things at Dead shows at the end of my career with them started to become just like what you described above. A greed and money market. Expensive clothes, cars, drugs, tix, etc. etc.

My first Phish show was similar. I went after jerry had died and was hoping to find something of the connected counter-culture I had found in the first days I started seeing the dead and instead found what you described above, only I had a bag of weed stolen from me, I had idiots ask to see my "tits" several times in one night and I had scalpers asking me to buy "extras" for hundreds of dollars. The only TIMe I see phish or the members now is when they do small intimate things around Burlington under other names and sitting in with other bands. Trey just played the jazz fest here and his band consisted of local musicians who all were so amazing. The crowd was small and mellow and appreciative of the kick ass jazz they were playing.

glad you were still able to enjoy the music.

victorwootenfan Posted - 07/29/2003 : 06:35:31 AM
yeah, music=good to the infinity, fans=bad to the infinity.

best musical moments...DWD, divided sky, halley's comet>7 below

and the best part about the show was 2001, fire, it was just on!!!

Smoking smoking smoking!
Arthen Posted - 07/29/2003 : 12:48:28 AM
I'm really jealous. Sample in a Jar, Divided Sky, Ya Mar, Runaway Jim, Down with Disease, man, those are some of my favorite tunes.

I don't like those kinds of hippies myself. They are more rude and obnoxious than anything.
thomasode Posted - 07/28/2003 : 10:47:34 PM
Oh well at least ya got a good phish show. it had a GREAT set list, lotsa live staples with a good amount of new ones! dont worry about the phans man. :)
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/28/2003 : 6:38:32 PM
just saw my first phish show...
here's my review.

I left from Virginia with some friends at 10:30 am. We got to Raleigh about 4:00, but took us over an hour to drive a few more miles through traffic until we could park. Walking around through the parking lot scene was an interesting experience, more to come on that... Anyway my group made it in, and were the closest lawn seats to the stage on the right side. Anyway, an hour passed and then the band came out...

setlist 7/27/03 Raleigh, NC

Set 1

Runaway Jim- Surprised at the opener, I'm not too familiar with it, I knew the lyrics and all, but i've never been a big fan of it, until i saw it live. It was a kickass opener, and started me pseudo-dancing in the groove. At first i thought it was antelope for a few seconds...

Ya Mar - another good surprise, i didn't expect this, but it was def. a rockin' opener, no play it leo part, but still a fun song, and kept the energy going.

Down With Disease- YES!! My friend next to me doesn't know many phish tunes, and this is one that is probably his favorite, wso for his sake i was happy, and i LOVE this tune, so it was all good! By the way, i couldn't really hear mike until the later part of the second set, it just seemed like he wasn't really there at all. Great DWD tho, jammed out!

The Divided Sky- one of my favs, sweet version, happy to hear it! all my friends with me loved it, energetic with lots of melody!

Sample in a Jar- short and sweet, good tune, not too long, not too short. Standard version, still get the energy going.

Discern- new tune...this was the first time of the evening that i got mad at the fans. I liked the song, i just wasn't used to it, so i was trying to listen to the vibe of it, and all the neat things throughout the song. The fans around the venue decided it was time to get another beer, talk to their neighbor, and just ignore the band, and not dance. I liked it tho!

Anything But Me- MY FAVORITE ON ROUND ROOM!! Happy to hear it, it was slow, but very melodic and i just really like this song!

Llama- This was the phish song that got me hooked on phish to begin with, so you bet i was excited about hearing this. Great closer!

Set 2

Ghost- WOW, wasn't expecting it, and it was nice! It seems everyone loved this song, and it was nicely played. Still, no mike could be heard, but other than that a great groovin' tune!

Halley's Comet > YES!! I thought it was timber at first, but then realized what it was. great song, lightened the mood a bit, very fun! good segue into seven below.

Seven Below- great!! very surprisingly jammed out, and it ended on the band members going "bye" in unison. i liked it, just surprised me the length of it.

Tube- took me a few to figure out what it was, great song!! loved it!

Prince Caspian > - another first tune that i had ever heard of phish, great tune, glad they played it.

2001- this was the beginning of the great great ending to the show. I love this song, and i told my friends that i knew they would play it. awesome version, and it kept me dancing wildy. DAMN what a song!!

Fire- hell yeah, never heard phish's version, and i don't think they've played this since the 80s(not sure tho, someone correct me). It just freakin rocked, great closer for the set. YES!!

Encore

The Squirming Coil- good closer, page was on the entire night. Again i was mad at all the fans that left during this song or page's solo.

Ok, here's what pissed me off from the concert. THE FANS!! There were the fans that danced into my friend next to me, and then made fun of him when we wouldn't dance. The girl/vendor next to us who kept reminding us how much she knew about phish and fans and the concert. The drunks/tripped out people that just were in no control of themselves. These were the same people that talked throughout page's solos, or just didn't seem like they were listening to any of the music! After going back to our cars i was maddened by the vendors who would get angry if you didn't buy something from them, or the hitchhikers that would get mad if you didn't give them a ride. Also all the jerks who were driving out cutting in front of us, almost hitting people, while at the same time drinking a beer or smoking a bowl(while driving!!)

This really disheartened me about the hippie movement, the peace/love stuff. After many experiences at this concert I come to the conclusion that it's hypocrisy, plain and simple. "I'll love you, if you have something i want, or do what i want, or give me what i want." Lots of selfish people just looking out for themselves, and no one else, just trying to get the next fix of drugs/alcohol, or keeping up their elitest status(like the girl who was shocked that we were only going to 1 show on this tour). Anyway, I didn't enjoy the fans there, and it made me not want to go to another concert, or go out of my way at least to see phish again. The music/show was GREAT, but the fans were terrible!
Miss Sorrel Posted - 07/28/2003 : 09:47:32 AM
Wow awesome!!! Phish is by far one of my favorites.. and from what I understand the concerts are like a cultural experience if you yourself aren't a part of the hippy scene... The first TIMe I went to Burlington, Vt (which is where I am pretty sure is where they started) there was a weekend long Phish festival happening... and I was 14 and rather snobby and felt SOOOO out of place... but that week changed my life and I now try to shower as little as possible and go braless as much as possible...JK.
KevinLesko Posted - 07/28/2003 : 03:15:46 AM
Have a great time and hope you survive all the HIPPIES! Had I seen this post sooned I'd have told you to stop showering in advance just so you fit in. Looking forward to the review!
Arthen Posted - 07/27/2003 : 2:56:58 PM
I'd really love to hear Punch You In The Eye or Antelope.
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/27/2003 : 08:01:36 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Hope you get to hear YEM or whatever your favorite song is!

well they played that, guyute, mists, wilson, tweezer, and a bunch of other kickass songs last nite, so i don't know what i'll get. maybe a mike's(probably a mikes), and some new stuff hopefully.

PYITE!!

ok, i'm leaving to go now, i'll post in a bit!
{=HTG=} Posted - 07/27/2003 : 03:04:22 AM
See, there's nothing to it.

{=HTG=} Posted - 07/27/2003 : 03:01:59 AM
quote:
BTW how do you post pics? still havent figured that out

Easy, easy. I'll explain -

1. First take any pic off of the internet.

2. Right-Click on that image and click on the 'properties' tab at the botom.

3. Then your going to look for the "Address (URL)" and highlight and copy EVERYTHING in it. For instance, a picture of John Popper has the address = http://www.patmcgeeband.com/images/slide37_big.jpg

4. Your going to take that address and then post a reply here. Click on the image tab up above where it says format. Two image brackets pop up.

5. Then just take the address of the picture, and put it in between teh brackets. For instance, the address of the John Popper pic gets you a pic =

Arthen Posted - 07/27/2003 : 12:29:28 AM
Hope you get to hear YEM or whatever your favorite song is!
thomasode Posted - 07/26/2003 : 9:59:40 PM
BTW how do you post pics? still havent figured that out
thomasode Posted - 07/26/2003 : 9:57:49 PM
so I guess you got the tix HAVE FUN!!!!!
{=HTG=} Posted - 07/26/2003 : 12:36:19 AM
Thats great VWF, have a great time. Tell us all about it.

Trey Anastasio is the man.

PJK Posted - 07/25/2003 : 9:07:37 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! I guess the tickets came through ok! I am so happy for you!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000