Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 What type of clothes do you prefer?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/22/2003 : 08:01:51 AM
This is very random i know...but what clothes, or style, or brand of clothes do you like?

Personally i like thrift store stuff, old jeans, kahki shorts, white t-shirts, and band shirts a lot. My footwear is mocassins, vans, or sandals, depending on the occasion.

anyone else?
48   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dan p. Posted - 08/20/2003 : 01:52:16 AM
it's better when you don't get caught.
Zachmozach Posted - 08/19/2003 : 11:24:41 PM
What really did it is that last year a friend of mine and myself had been eyeing this little car at a 76 station and we decided that it would be funny to take it in the middle of the night. So it was on this small building so we climbed it undid a couple screws to the pole it was locked to and lifted the thing off. Turns out it was a go-cart with a plastic body and like a 5hp engine on it. It was the coolest thing ever. It wasn't all that fast but it was fun. We had it for a week and then a friend offered us some money for it. So we sold it to him as we had had our fun with it. Then an aqutaince (as I can't call him a friend) who knew we took it because we saw him drive by twice that night turned us in to the law. They went to my friends house consficated the cart and then left a message with my parents for me to call him. The dumbass I am I called him and kind of fessed up figuring they had me made and they would go easy on me however they had no evidence against us but tha they found the cart and what not. So turns out they didn't go easy and it was a felony but their dropping it to a misdeamenor. But it still sucks I had to go to the drunk tank twice so now I am a non stealing person. I never stole from a person only from corporations but the other thing was I had a guitar and 96 CD's stolen when someone broke into my brothers car. So now I really can't steal.
dan p. Posted - 08/19/2003 : 9:23:35 PM
i will never grow out of stealing.
Zachmozach Posted - 08/19/2003 : 6:32:18 PM
Apoligies here too. I remember when I used to jack clothes my soptmore year but I out grew that
dan p. Posted - 08/19/2003 : 6:01:04 PM
hey. no one's perfect. i probably should have been a little less caustic about people buying things from thrift stores. thing is, i come from middle class suburbia and a lot of my friends go shopping there because they think it's cool. i tried the stealing thing during the big power outage. i went to the mall we have here to loot some places, but police were all over the place. fuck tha police. anyway, i apologize for my sharp tongue.
Zachmozach Posted - 08/19/2003 : 5:32:26 PM
Yeah donations would help more. I don't know aout the stealing hehe but the robin hood idea worked for robin hood as he's got a few movies and what not. Oh but the 50 half that are storebought are all but maybe one or two items gifts so I do try to buy away from that sort of thing. I guess you got me on the specifically avoiding thing because I do but it just doesn't seem like I do on the conscious level sometimes. Anyway I guess I just over reacted to you bagging on me for the thrift store buying. Do pay attention to the big corporations though even though they have the coolest stuff they don't usually have the best business practices. For me it's just a mixture of not giving in to having to wear certain things to be in style and trying to take a stand against the corporations. But I am only human and I can only try not to be a materialistic person. I still love having the cool stuff I guess clothes just aren't on the top of my list. So I guess I should say I'm working on being less materialistic.
Peace
dan p. Posted - 08/19/2003 : 3:58:32 PM
it would be very easy for me to point out that you did mention specifically that you "buy away" from big corporations and then claim to have not said anything about it. i also don't understand why you say it has nothing to do with matierialism and then go on to say you try not to be materialistic. you estimate about a 50/50 store bought to thrift bought articles in your wardrobe. that, to me, seems materialistic.

that's all off-point, though. i understand your main point about thrift stores, and i suppose you are right about goodwill. buying from them probably does help people. but donating clothes to them probably helps more. or, you could steal from big stores and donate it to goodwill. everyone wins.
Zachmozach Posted - 08/19/2003 : 3:14:13 PM
Dan I don't know where to start as I never said anything about intentionally avoiding a store I just said I don't like to spend a lot of money on clothes because I'm not into that sort of thing. In fact my clothes consist of about 50/50 storebought and thrift bought. If I see something I like I by it, but I don't however pay the ridiculous prices that brands put on there clothes even though there technically the cool in stuff. I do actually care who I give my money to and for what. It has nothing to do with materialism. I just don't like to see the rich and in power corporations making a killing off of people. They care nothing for human rights because their profit driven so I just don't support that, so I purchase away from that as much as possible, and I'm not perfect although I try to be non-materialistic I'm still human. And about the donations to the poor I don't give as much money to the poor as I should, but I actually do donate money to the poor through a church which helps families that have little money. Besides although my "donate money to the poor" example was a little lavish since I truthfully can't say that I try to save money so I can give it to the poor the main point was that something better can be done witht the money. The origanal point though is there is nothing wrong with shopping at a thrift store. In fact Goodwill is known for helpin the handicapped and such through employment and such. Their a nonprofit organization offering employment to handicapped and that's their main goal. They get the stuff donated for free. So just shopping there is helping someone.
dan p. Posted - 08/19/2003 : 11:47:20 AM
intentionally avoiding a given store is being materialistic. it all comes down to one simple question: who cares? "oh no. i don't want to buy a shirt because it's from a certain corporation." please. that's the same thing as saying you're going to buy something because it's from a certain corporation. someone non materialistic wouldn't care about who makes money off the shirt, as long as they liked it. something ridiculous like 80 dollars for a shirt isn't in my price range, so i'm not going to buy it. but if it was, and i liked the shirt, i'd buy it. make it easy on yourself. if you like it and it's in your price range, buy it. besides. there's plenty of other places where clothes are reasonably price. and let's be realistic. how much money are you donating to the poor right now? i'd be willing to bet you donate nothing, like all the other people who are unwilling to spend money they have and so go shopping at places for those without a lot of money.
Zachmozach Posted - 08/18/2003 : 2:20:06 PM
I've actually never gone to salvation army I usually go to goodwill or some other local shops. And I don't know who told you that those stores were only for poor people, even though I really don't make much money at all so I do consider myself poor. And there is no reason on earth to spend 80 plus dollars on a shirt and pants just to fuel some corporations bank account that relies on sweat shop labor in some foreign company. I am a very non materialistic person and that is why I have no need to spend that kind of money for something that is only really there to cover my genitals. Everyone should shop at these places as much as possible and maybe the money they save could be donated to the poor. Besides you can only buy so much there It's kind of hard to find everything you need.
dan p. Posted - 08/18/2003 : 2:06:40 PM
i always feel bad going into thrift stores, because stores like salvation army are meant for people who can't afford new clothes, not for some rich or middle class jerkoff who wants to be cool or not spend the money he has. there is no character in clothes. stop it.
Zachmozach Posted - 08/17/2003 : 4:05:21 PM
Comfort is number one. A while back a found this suit thing It's OJ Simpson activewear. I didn't know he ever made clothes or anything but it's like velvet and it's the most comfortable thing I have ever worn. Thrift stores always have cool stuff like that. And only like $5 too.
victorwootenfan Posted - 08/17/2003 : 09:04:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Zachmozach

No but seriously people put way to much emphasis on clothes and style but it usually is just to hide their shallow personality and meaningless lives.

I hear that...i just wear what's comfortable and not expensive!
Zachmozach Posted - 08/17/2003 : 12:49:04 AM
Screw clothes thats what I say. Let's get naked and start the revoloution. No but seriously people put way to much emphasis on clothes and style but it usually is just to hide their shallow personality and meaningless lives. Everybody likes to look good and be in style but who really cares as long as you like what your wearing. It's all about velvet. I drape myself in it.
dan p. Posted - 08/13/2003 : 11:44:03 AM
the goatee is key. i have one.
victorwootenfan Posted - 08/13/2003 : 06:35:49 AM
hahah, well, my girlfriend said she likes the feel of my goatee...so i'm not shaving that off at all!! screw that hygene, i say as long as you are clean and look somewhat presentable you're set!
dan p. Posted - 08/13/2003 : 12:53:19 AM
honestly. screw that. if you are following any of those "rules" you're trying to hard. who cares? i don't. i go a while without shaving sometimes. if a girl doesn't like it, fuck her. no loss at all. why do guys try so hard? i never tried. why? not worth it. supposing you try that hard and it works. good job champ. wipe the disease off and go again. and if it doesn't work, then you look like an idiot. you did all that stuff for nothing.
i never tried at my appearence (except for basic hygene issues) all my life. i go a while without shaving. why? i don't like it. i only wear what's comfortable. i don't care if it matches. i never tried to do things to attraction women a day in my life. yeah, i have a girlfriend. she likes they way i dress and behave. that's why it works and will continue to. it's not based on following rules. we like each other. no facades or tip toeing around.
Miss Sorrel Posted - 08/12/2003 : 10:50:19 PM
And that said... if any of you just comfortably follow the 10 non bold rules... great... I am stressing personal comfort, and hate the fact that people are being told that they should go against what they feel is best for them.... ok, I am done trying to control society. Good night.
Miss Sorrel Posted - 08/12/2003 : 10:48:22 PM
So when I was checking my email for probably the 8th time today... and due to the lack of new mail, I decided that I would read the MSN article "10 Steps to Greater Sex Appeal". Now, this article is geared toward men... but I think in its own way, I know more about how men could have sex appeal than women for all it's obvious reasons... So I was SHOCKED by this article... I can't believe that these ridculous things are being told to men... It began to make me think about what these things should really be, and reminded me of this thread, so I decided to give you all my view. In regular text is the BULLSHIT that is being spread, in bold is the correct version (my opinion).

ONE. Pay attention to the details
Make sure that your belt matches your shoes, your pants are the correct length and your shirt is wrinkle-free. Women want to see simple styles and tasteful colors when they first meet a man. They also want to see that you know how to use an iron. Sounds elementary, and it is. No excuses here, gentlemen.

For the love of all things... don't put an iron crease on your clothes... when you sit down they are just going to wrinkle anyways... To dewrikle your clothes, stick em in the dryer with a damp, non fuzzy, garmet... like a plain tshirt. Don't have a dryer? Hang them up somewhere in the bathroom when you take a shower, the steam will dewrinkle them. Wear whatever you feel comfy in. Don't dress to impress if you aren't impressed yourself... unless it's a short term thing, then do whatever yout think will get the girl that night... because eventually, you'll get uncomfy, and then she'll know... not good.

TWO. Handle the hair
A clean-shaven face or well-trimmed beard is essential for a good first impression. Please get rid of the mono-brow, the nose-hairs and the back hair. Thank you.

Ugh... this is my least favorite... Again, do whatever you like... As long as you feel your best that's all that matters... I personally am a sucker for un overly groomed hair, an unshaved face, and a beer belly (although, I also like the full shaved head... but still, with or w/o facial hair is fine)... any guy who spends more time grooming himself than his girl (yes, this has even happened to me, and I take a good solid hour to get ready) is putting in way too much effort and isn't letting his true side show.... And oh my goodness, unless your gf does it for you, don't wax your eyebrows.

THREE. Give it up
While we're on the subject of unneeded hair, let's discuss the best way to handle a balding pate. If you're in the advanced stages, the only thing to do is cut the remaining hair very short or get bold and shave your head. Bold? Sexy. Comb-over? No calls the next day.

Balding is adorable... don't let anybody different.... However, the full shaved look isn't bad at all either... quite becoming if you have the right shaped head.

FOUR. Keep your shoes in shape
The state of your shoes is a good reflection of your psyche. For first impressions, pull out a conservative, well-kept pair of oxfords or something similar. Save the Seinfeldian white tennis shoes for later (much later).

I have no comment on this... Really, I've heard many women say this is a big deal... who the fuck cares though... but if you have gross toe nails, cover em up... in Fl, I think of flip flops as being the only acceptable shoe... OH! no tennis shoes with nicer pants though... big no no... sorry.

FIVE. Go easy
Most women like to sniff the hint of a masculine aftershave. I'm sure you can all guess the keyword in that sentence. I think the trouble started when fragrance gained the capacity to be sprayed. Scads of cologne? Big mistake.

Just don't wear anything... the smell of a clean(er) guy is one of the greatest scents to a gal... and if you smell bad for whatever reason, after shave or cologne isn't going to help. But if a girl gets you cologne, or tells you one that she likes, that's cool too... don't interpret that as you smell... she just likes it, and if you do too, than go for it.... However, if you have a signature scent, that's kickin too, go for it. Again... whatever makes YOU happy.

SIX. Let go
Get rid of any article of clothing you've owned more than four years. Just because that jersey was a chick-magnet in college (which I'm finding hard to believe, by the way) doesn't mean it belongs in the adult world. Buy an issue of Esquire and learn how to dress. Yes, it will cost more than 150 bucks. But we're worth it.

THIS IS BULLSHIT! If you love it, but your girl doesn't, not your problem, it's hers... Ok, so you don't have to wear the shirt that she loathes everyday, but don't get rid of it... if it's a part of you, and she doesn't like it, than she doesn't like that part of you... which is fine... I know guys don't like some of the things I've owned... so if it came down to it, I just would wear something else, and save my favorite thing for when I was out with my friends... or some other guy who liked it... JOKE... kidding...

SEVEN. Order a drink without drama
Now that we've got you all turned out in nice duds and good smells, let's think about acting sexy. Sexy men don't twiddle their thumbs and look at the blended drink menu at the bar. They ask for a beer or cocktail and get on with it. Keep your orders simple, tip well and know your limit.

Tip well, yes. Always tip well. Wait... that's advice coming from the server that I once was... not the expert on what women want. But do always tip well... and again, I have nothing on this... Stupid if you ask me (yeah, I know none of you did)... I mean, if you are some place crowded, don't annoy the bartender, just order a damn drink... but I don't see why this may be a big deal... get something you like... I mean, you'd look worse if you ordered something that's easy to say, but don't drink it because you don't like the taste... then you look silly... and then your date would drink it...

EIGHT. Listen
Lean in, pay attention and make her fairly certain there's no other place you would rather be. If you're looking over her shoulder at the flat screen TV broadcasting the game, she'll figure it out.

There are several options here. If you would ALWAYS rather be watching the flat screen, run… fast. If there’s a good, reasonable moment where you’d rather be watching the flat screen, tell her. Watch TV. Then devote some attention to her after. This doesn’t work if there’s something really important going on… but make sure it’s truly important and not something petty that can wait. If it’s important, then you really ought not to be so interested in the TV.

NINE. Ask provocative questions
"Provocative" does not mean "sexual." It means interesting, intriguing questions about current events, travel, science, etc. Talk about what you're passionate about and encourage her to do the same.

Yeah… don’t talk to much about yourself, or her, unless one of you is the topic of conversation, or you’re talking about some sort of experience. Don’t be phony, or tolerate any girl who is. But slide in some interesting compliments... like, how brilliant you think a paticular idea of hers is.

TEN. Touch
If the date is going well, a gentle hand placed at her elbow or on her hand is always welcome. It's a subtle way to take the next step, and women like to feel irresistible.

Ok, this is true. Little wanted touches could get you far. If they are polite, and doesn’t pull away, then congrats. I’d say 3 times a charm… just work down the arm… shoulder, elbow, hand. If she pulls away at all 3… then I am sorry… I have given you bad advice… please revert back to the original rules and shave your face, and match your belt to your shoes, because I then, obviously, don’t know what I am talking about.

Otherwise though… I currently feel like I am doing something good. And I am sorry... you guys are all rockstars, and don't need any dating advice from me... that's for sure... But I just felt like putting in my opinion... I still can't believe smut like this is being spread....
pcbTIM Posted - 08/01/2003 : 8:46:07 PM
Shorts, T-shirts, jeans........whatever. Just as long as they are comfortable.....and don't have brand names. I never understood why you would pay $40 for a white shirt with a brand label when you can buy an almost identical one (brandless) for $5 to $10.
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/30/2003 : 10:15:34 AM
Awww.. that sucks. Yeah, people kept telling me i looked hot in those pants, so i said "Yeah I know, there's no ventilation!!" (they meant hot as in look good..)

Nevertheless no more plether for me...too much(although it shows off my rear quite nicely )
Miss Sorrel Posted - 07/30/2003 : 10:05:37 AM
quote:
Originally posted by victorwootenfan

[quote]
I have worn a borrowed pair of plether pants from my friend. they were hot, i sweated a lot in them.

Hahaha!! I had to read that twice to get the right meaning. At first I thought you meant that they looked hot on you.... Then I got it. It reminded me of a time that I was at a club where all the girls dance on the bar. So I took my place for a while and then got down a little while later to dance with this guy (sidenote: Brian, this was before we were together, I swear... end sidenote). After dancing for about 10 seconds with this guy he said "You are really hot". I of course went into girl mode and sucked it up with a big grin and a thank you and he then goes "No, I mean you are really sweaty".
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/30/2003 : 07:17:10 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Fleabass76

I have one pair of leather pants. Worn them once.

I have worn a borrowed pair of plether pants from my friend. they were hot, i sweated a lot in them.
Fleabass76 Posted - 07/28/2003 : 2:03:57 PM
Hmm...Mainly jeans and a T-Shirt. Once in awhile green kakhis. If it's hot, I have one pair of canvas cargo shorts that I wear way to much before washing them....and in the winter I wear sweatshirts sometimes. I have one pair of leather pants. Worn them once.
Miss Sorrel Posted - 07/28/2003 : 10:29:50 AM
Well, I find my self in my "work uniform" for the most part... gym clothes... it's a bummer because now I have to have nicer gym clothes and I am paying more for sports bras than I do for whole outfits...

otherwise though, staples of my wardrobe are:

only sale items
knee length or longer skirts with tank tops
a very old pair of green drawstring shorts
any of my $1 thrift store shirts from Meethead97 (northern thrift stores are so much better)
burgandy, green, browns, and black
and I aim for sweaters as much as possible (even though Fl weather doesn't permit it all too much)
and come cooler weather, I will wear one of my leather jackets as much as possible
KevinLesko Posted - 07/25/2003 : 2:14:02 PM
boy, I guess I might just be able to be classified as a leather man, because I forgot to mention that when it is cold (which is rare here in So Cal) I don't go out without my leather jacket, which made me come to a realization that my clothing is very heavily influenced by rock and roll. My favorite color is no doubt black, so I guess I would have to change my initial answer from "jeans and t-shirt" to "rock and roll" and since I've been in the posting pictures mode lately, here is my trusty leather jacket:

Jay Posted - 07/25/2003 : 1:44:07 PM
I don't leave the house withoot my trusty green/orange plaid fedora. And my good ol' button up plaid shirt...oh how I love the wonder of plaid.
Saint Jude Posted - 07/25/2003 : 1:08:48 PM
my favorite pair of jeans are L-2's. but they stoped making them...bastards... i have since found kahki sanoma... i think their called... jeans that i like.

and ill usualy be wearing a t-shirt..... most likely a tool t-shirt, or nin... or fred durst sux.
thomasode Posted - 07/25/2003 : 12:19:16 PM
I always wear Jeans and T-shirts, Lately I have been wearing Hockey Jerseys with jeans and I almost alwyas wear a hat and my trusty Berkenstocks!

BTW those berks are the most expensive thing I own clothing wise
Arthen Posted - 07/25/2003 : 11:28:52 AM
The shoe size thing comes from being 6'4". So don't feel too bad guys.
PJK Posted - 07/25/2003 : 06:47:28 AM
HAHAHAHAHA Well ya know what they say about socks? Size doesn't matter!
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/25/2003 : 06:38:48 AM
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

I was noticing the signs! Hehehe but nice pants Kev!

Hey Arthen, ok I have to say this, size 15 shoes eh? Ya know what they say about guys with big feet? HEHEHEHE sorry just HAD to say that!

10 and a half...
But that doesn't mean i'm less that a man because my socks are smaller than say arthen, or kevin's!
Arthen Posted - 07/25/2003 : 12:21:23 AM
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

Hey Arthen, ok I have to say this, size 15 shoes eh? Ya know what they say about guys with big feet? HEHEHEHE sorry just HAD to say that!

Yes, yes. I do know what they say. That they have large socks. And we do.
bugman96 Posted - 07/24/2003 : 9:37:57 PM
I prefer clothes that are on sale...usually clearance and typically under $12 per garment.

T-shirts, khaki shirts
KevinLesko Posted - 07/24/2003 : 5:37:09 PM
quote:
Ya know what they say about guys with big feet?

Just for the record I'd like to point out that I wear size 13. Again, thats just for the record.
PJK Posted - 07/24/2003 : 4:53:03 PM
I was noticing the signs! Hehehe but nice pants Kev!

KevinLesko Posted - 07/24/2003 : 3:22:00 PM
note the leather pants

KevinLesko Posted - 07/24/2003 : 12:58:41 AM
Jeans and T-shirt guy here as well, although I do look for excuses to wear my leather pants, wore them to Fleetwood Mac last week. I do most of my shopping at JC Penny, Old Navy, or online when I look for rare band shirts or stuff along those lines.
Jay Posted - 07/23/2003 : 5:59:10 PM
a good 70% of my wardrobe is from thrift stores. I can't stand paying 30 bucks for a fuckin T-shirt that I could buy for three at a thrift store...And I hate it when relatives buy me expensive clothes...uck...
rx-78moosey Posted - 07/23/2003 : 4:27:14 PM
I just got me a sweet pair of mocs up Ontario, very comfortable.
I've got this cool shirt that says "use it or loose it" and then it's got this guy made of recycled goods. I wear that about 4 days out of the week. Then blue jeans do the trick, and no socks, I never wear socks.
dan p. Posted - 07/23/2003 : 11:04:06 AM
ones that fit.
Arthen Posted - 07/22/2003 : 1:15:26 PM
I prefer comfortable clothing myself.

Dockers or High Sierra. Shoes are generally Skechers, cause I can get big sizes easily (I wear a 15) and they are comfortable.

Oh! And theres a clothing brand called "Crazy Shirts". I've got a couple from Hawaii. One's wine dyed, one's kona coffee dyed, and this other one is Volcanic Ash dyed.
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/22/2003 : 10:35:57 AM
welcome back genome!! its been awhile hasn't it??
genome Posted - 07/22/2003 : 10:34:56 AM
green ones.
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/22/2003 : 10:34:53 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Evergreen

I like to wear T-shirts that say Fluffy Sucks

Or flaming moe!!!
Evergreen Posted - 07/22/2003 : 10:31:21 AM
I like to wear T-shirts that say Fluffy Sucks
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/22/2003 : 10:19:17 AM
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

I don't care about brand names

Me too!!
PJK Posted - 07/22/2003 : 10:02:31 AM
jeans and sweatshirt! or jeans and a long sleeve button down shirt (not tucked in) I am living in jeans and baggy shirts now, no bra....hehe...I'm finally liberated and it feels great! I may never wear a bra again, hehehe

I don't care about brand names, just fit, price and color. I like my jeans blue, hehehe light blue but not too light.

footwear, has to be Nike running shoes. Wow,I forgot about mocassins. I used to live in them around the house in the winter time, haven't owned a good pair in ages!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000