Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Joe Cocker is amazing!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jay Posted - 07/17/2003 : 01:15:08 AM
I always heard Joe Cocker on the radio and stuff, and I knew both of my parents liked him...So when we found out he was coming to Cleveland, My parents, as well as my mom's sister Marylin and my Uncle Flavio (Yes, that's his real name) got tickets and invited me as well. I thought it would be fun, seeing as how no bands I liked were coming to town all summer (How much does that suck?) and that I liked what I heard of Joe Cocker (Except "You are so beautiful...). So I went.

The venue was Cain Park, which is absolutely stunning. It's situated in a mainly Jewish portion of town (Really, almost every sign in town has Hebrew underneath it) and has two theaters. One is very small, but good for storytellers and shit, while the bigger one is more situated for Joe Cocker and Bela Fleck (I'm seeing the Flecktones in August!)

Unfortunately, when you go to see a concert with my Aunt Marylin and my Mom, you're gonna get there late. We missed most of the first song. But that wasn't a very big problem. I sat and watched. Joe Cocker looks like he's having seizures on stage, his fingers snapping at random times, arms flailing like two slabs of lard suspended by some cruel, medieval marainette-esque puppetry contraption. His singing is un-equaled...His voice sounds like Tom Waits' voice if ole' TW never touched a cigarette in his life. Imagine mixing KJP's rasp with Tom Waits' rasp, you'll get Joe Cocker. His band was absolutely flawless.

That Ringo Starr song he does, "Get By (or is it TRY) with a little help from my friends" was the best of the night, it stretched about 7 minutes. Fantastic.

I had three problems.

#1: The sound was muddy. Good and loud, but muddy.

#2: The three bitches behind me would not shut the hell up. I came to listen to a music legend sing, not to hear some rich assholes talk about the color of carpet they just put in in the den of thier beach house in Florida. I was about two seconds away from standing up and screaming "SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!" at them. I didn't, unfortunatly. When they weren't talking, they were sing way off key...Here is an example

Joe Cocker: "what..would you do...If I sang..out of tune?"
Bitches: "WOT WOOD YOU DOOOOOO EF AH SANGGGGGG OUTTA TOON!!!!!"
Me, cringing: "Dad, make them stop!"

#3: The fat lady in front of me. She smelled like some concoction of rotting pork, gasoline, cheese, and beer. She had to weigh upwards of 400 pounds. I could see around her perfectly fine if she was sitting. Trouble is, she would stand up, scream at her boyfriend, turn, watch Joe Cocker, talk to her boyfriend again, bend over, turn again, waddle off, come back from the bar, and repeat the entire process again about every ten minutes.

Anyway, it was a spectacular performance, I suggest him to everyone here, even if you don't like his music that much, he is one hell of a singer and really gives it eveerything he's got every night.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
thomasode Posted - 07/17/2003 : 12:53:15 PM
Besides they out of tune people and the fat chick its all good
Arthen Posted - 07/17/2003 : 02:43:50 AM
The song is called "With a Little Help From My Friends", I believe. And I'm fairly certain it's a Beatles tune, it could've been written by Ringo for all I know though.

Glad you enjoyed the concert! I missed out two years ago when he was touring with The Guess Who. I hear he used to inject that stuff dentists use to numb your mouth into his lips or something. Shit, I can't think of the nape. Yeah, but he'd numb his mouth so he could get a particular sound.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000