Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Something for Jay, or anyone else

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/09/2003 : 08:58:14 AM
Mike Gordon stories, written from the eclectic phish bass player. I think you might just enjoy some of these stories... http://www.phish.com/mikescorner/

here's one i liked...

"A program opened recently for the "cognitively misplaced," involving some kangaroos at The Bintlewidde Zoo. Thinking that I would qualify as cognitively misplaced, I drove my Dodge Dart down to the Zoo and stood in line. After nearly six minutes of boring "waiting around" my name was called, and I was shuffled into a zoo office room. Unlike the beige safari theme of the lobby, this room was hospital white. It seemed that whatever was being offered here would be medical in nature.

I was asked to sit in a chair and a nurse-type figure informed me that a Doctor type would be in shortly. The laborious four-minute wait gave me time to ponder why I would take my mental problems to the zoo. I decided I must be quite close in structure to my animal ancestors. Zoologist Henry Ane McWundle finally shut the door behind him and unscrolled a glossy picture of a large kangaroo named, "Lucy, the cat" [LTC]. He explained that those "cognitively misplaced" would be much aided by a cathartic time period of living in LTC's oversized pouch.

"There is nothing as rejuvenating as the marsupial experience," explained McWundle, and in just seven weeks time I had been trained and prepped for the pouch. LTC, believe it or not, was quite thrilled about the adoption herself. Life within the pouch was dark and lonely at first, wet and musty, stinky and furry. But within ten days it began to feel like home. Food was delivered intravenously. There was no cable, no microwave, no stereo, but the sound of distant whooping from elephants and squawking from monkeys provided enough entertainment to pass the hours.

An occasional bout of fast "hopping" was purely exhilarating. And at the end of the day, I was sure that I loved my surrogate mother. Besides, the program allowed for occasional telegrams to be sent to my original mother. By the time twelve weeks had passed, Henry Anne McWundle came by to remove me from the pouch. That was the simple matter of Henry saying, "Okay, guy, come out now." I can assure you that life from that point on was balanced and pure, steady and sure. These became happy times. Times of rejoicing. And I lived happily ever after. LTC, by the way, also lived a full and rich life, without any accidents, mishaps or medical problems. She had no feelings of alienation or remorse. She and I saw each other a lot, especially since I had adopted her. So all's well that ends well. Goodbye."

-Mike Gordon, May 2000
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
victorwootenfan Posted - 07/10/2003 : 08:46:21 AM
Yeah, mike gave him some of this stories and some of his music. Leo didn't really like the music, cause he didn't like the songs that mike picked to put bass lines over, but he liked mike's stories and the use of the word "ellemosynary(sp?)" something to do with charity... yeah i thought you might like some of the stories..
Jay Posted - 07/10/2003 : 02:50:51 AM
Wow...I really like this stuff...Really, thanks for showing me this! Did you know Mike got Leo Kottke to play with him by showing him some of these stories (Along with a tape recording of Taxco Steps, I think.)

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000