Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Strom's dead

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
victorwootenfan Posted - 06/27/2003 : 10:22:41 AM
anyone sad?

...Didn't think so
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arthen Posted - 06/28/2003 : 03:43:06 AM
Very well put joojoo. And I agree with you.
joojoo Posted - 06/28/2003 : 01:30:02 AM
Strom was the governmental equivalent of a monument to the progress our country has made with respect to racial inequality. Please bear in mind that he changed his mind completely on the issue of race. He in at least some small respect represented forgiveness and redemption. He was a man who once held evil views and then saw the error of his ways, turning from them. I respect him for that. It saddens me when I see extremists say that they are happy he is dead.
PJK Posted - 06/28/2003 : 01:25:02 AM
Leo does sound awesome. I had hopes of seeing/hearing him this August but now with this whole cancer mess I don't know if that will be possible.

As for Strom, never cared for him myself, but he did live a very long life. I don't want to live to be real old like him either, I agree with you Jay, but now I am coming face to face with my own immortality and dying is taking on a whole new meaning.
Arthen Posted - 06/27/2003 : 7:58:31 PM
Leo Kottke's awesome.
Jay Posted - 06/27/2003 : 7:07:36 PM
Yes....See my signature for further details on getting old and dying.
Arthen Posted - 06/27/2003 : 7:05:29 PM
Wait...is watching old woman knit sweaters a required part of being an old man?
Jay Posted - 06/27/2003 : 6:51:23 PM
I would hate to live to be that old, but Strom at least lived a full life, as others have said. I'd hate to be 80 or 90, just living on lime jello and watching the "Chicks" across the hall knit sweaters...And everything smells like piss. I'd rather live to be 45 doing what I love to do, living how I want to live then live how I want to live for 40 years, then become your average middle-aged loser, then die after 30 years of doing nothing but watching daytime TV and buying shit for the grandkids.
Arthen Posted - 06/27/2003 : 4:09:18 PM
I'm sure she would appreciate it and would tell you so if she could.
dan p. Posted - 06/27/2003 : 2:31:07 PM
i don't grieve for those who have died, especially those who lived full lives. i only am sad for those who have to face the loss. my aunt marie, great aunt rather, died at the age of 98. i have to be one of the pall bearers. 98 years is a pretty full life. she did a lot, saw a lot, lived a lot. i am not sorry for her. i am sorry for my family who has to deal with this. i'm also not too keen on carrying that box through the rain.
victorwootenfan Posted - 06/27/2003 : 12:18:42 PM
I feel sorry for the family, for losing someone, but other than that, no remorse whatsoever...
meethead97 Posted - 06/27/2003 : 11:42:14 AM
"I have helped more Black people NORTH or SOUTH then anyone else has in this country" Sen Strom T. 2000.

Yes a man who was right on top of things.
Arthen Posted - 06/27/2003 : 11:01:22 AM
Well, someone did die. A family is in griveing. I'm not in tears, but I'm not joyous. He did a lot of good, if you look past his earliest days.

And he's the only person to get into congress on a write in ballott. That's really impressive.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000