Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Happy but broke....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
pcbTIM Posted - 06/23/2003 : 01:42:13 AM
I saw the summer job topic so I decided to start this one.

OK. I work at Marin Municipal Water District as a Civil Design Assistant. Basically I work with plans to either replace or increase the size of existing pipes in the county. Anyway, I get $9/hr and I work 40 hour weeks. Subtract taxes and crap, and I still have a lot of money. But after this weekend, I'm broke. My best friend got married yesterday (Saturday) And I'm still surprised at how much money I spent in just 2 days. There was the plane tickets from San Jose to Burbank and back, the tux (I was in the wedding party), the presents, the drinks, the gas for the car (not paid for simultaneously of course), and finally the money dance. I think that stuff alone obliterated my entire two week paycheck.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I would have gladly paid $1000 to see my best friend get married, but I'm just amazed at how much everything cost. I mean $175 for a rental tux that I only wore for less than 24 hours. That's nuts.

But enough about that. Let's get to the good stuff. There were about 200 people at the 2nd reception, and i don't think a single person there was sober. Even this 14 year old kid at my table was buying drinks at the bar. Pretty damn funny too. You can just imagine what the dance floor looked like. I think the best two parts of the eveing that I'll remember the most were dancing with the bride to #41 (while another friend of mine was singing the words to us....completely wasted), and when the bride threw the thing aroung her leg to the guys (Damn it......what the hell is that thing called???).....anyway, as tradition goes, whoever catches it will be the next one to get married. So when it went into the air, all the men standing there dove out of the way and let it hit the ground. Ahhhhhh......good times. Too bad I was the only one sober enough to remeber it. Haha.

Well........I've had 8 hours of sleep in the past three days, so I think I'm gonna go to bed and dream about all the beautiful women that were at the reception. Good night!
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KevinLesko Posted - 07/08/2003 : 2:35:05 PM
Pam, I know what you mean about the CDs... there are about 4 cds that I want right now, and normally I would just go and get them without thinking twice, but I guess we finally found the cure to our addiction: NO MONEY! come to think of it, I DIDN'T WANT TO BE CURED

If I had money, I'd go buy

Fleetwood Mac: TUSK
Radiohead: Hail to the Theif
Peter Gabriel: Melt
Massive Attack: Mezzanine
PJK Posted - 07/08/2003 : 05:51:11 AM
Now that I am not working (for the summer which I ALWAYS do!) I am in this category as well. Seems my concert and CD buying days have come to a screetching hault due to my ever dwindling bank account.

Pretty sure I will be working 3 jobs in the fall to make up the difference. Ouch! So I suppose the smart thing to do is to enjoy the freebies of summer, laying in the sun, walks in the park, visiting my "favorite" sister, the one with the huge brand new house at Ocean City NJ! hehehehe
KevinLesko Posted - 07/03/2003 : 2:19:11 PM
Patrick, the title of this thread just about describes me too. When my store went out of business I was almost excited because it meant a vacation. I had been working like crazy and was ready for some time off... now it has been 2 months, and while I have enjoyed my little break, the money is quite thin, and I need to get my ass a job again!
therippa Posted - 06/26/2003 : 1:13:50 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pcbTIM

Haha. My dad's house overlooks Terra Linda High school. I think I've been around there when driving around for work reasons. Did you go to that stupid chalk art thing downtown two weeks ago?

It wasn't that stupid...I thought the replica of the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel was pretty cool. But the people who wasted their square by drawing a dog or a unicorn with planets in the background did knock down the level of respect just a little bit. It didn't warrant them shutting down 5th street for so long though.
pcbTIM Posted - 06/25/2003 : 10:01:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by therippa

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Wait, where do you guys live?

San Rafael, California

Where in San Rafael do you live?

And speaking of fuzzy navels.....I had one of those at the wedding. Man that was terrible. Bleh!

Right off 5th ave...about two blocks from downtown.

Haha. My dad's house overlooks Terra Linda High school. I think I've been around there when driving around for work reasons. Did you go to that stupid chalk art thing downtown two weeks ago?
therippa Posted - 06/24/2003 : 03:57:03 AM
quote:

quote:

quote:

San Rafael, California

And speaking of fuzzy navels.....I had one of those at the wedding. Man that was terrible. Bleh!

Right off 5th ave...about two blocks from downtown.
pcbTIM Posted - 06/24/2003 : 12:21:35 AM
quote:

quote:

San Rafael, California

PJK Posted - 06/23/2003 : 10:47:27 PM
Damn Sorrel I wish I could party with you, Jason and Jon! You must have had such a great time at that concert! I could just kick myself for not going to that one! I am so in the mood for a party tonight, I think I will have to just fix myself a fuzzy navel and relax! (a little party for one, hehe)
Miss Sorrel Posted - 06/23/2003 : 8:50:21 PM
pcbTIM, the title of this post describes my exact state of mind... I am so in love with my job, that pays well, I just don't get many hours... and I couldn't be happier... but I also have all these things coming up that are sucking money right out of my account. I call bullshit. Sounds like the wedding was a great TIMe though, so that's awesome... and in a couple weeks, you'll have broken even. I often have to remind myself that that's why I work... so that I can do fun things.

And yes... partying with Jason (therippa) and Jon is a blast! hell, I was so "out of my mind" that there was a blizzard outside, and I had no problems kickin around in my tank top, pajama pants, and flip flops... and I am from FLORIDA... My goodness... I wish I could relive that weekend over and over! I'm sure even the TIMes that I don't remember at all were great too!
Arthen Posted - 06/23/2003 : 4:53:31 PM
Okay, I thought I read that right, but I wasn't sure if there was another San Rafael.
tericee Posted - 06/23/2003 : 2:11:22 PM
It sounds like there's gonna be a party in Northern California!!!
therippa Posted - 06/23/2003 : 11:54:01 AM
quote:

San Rafael, California
Arthen Posted - 06/23/2003 : 11:24:15 AM
therippa Posted - 06/23/2003 : 05:17:55 AM
quote:

I saw the summer job topic so I decided to start this one.

OK. I work at Marin Municipal Water District as a Civil Design Assistant. Basically I work with plans to either replace or increase the size of existing pipes in the county. Anyway, I get $9/hr and I work 40 hour weeks. Subtract taxes and crap, and I still have a lot of money. But after this weekend, I'm broke. My best friend got married yesterday (Saturday) And I'm still surprised at how much money I spent in just 2 days. There was the plane tickets from San Jose to Burbank and back, the tux (I was in the wedding party), the presents, the drinks, the gas for the car (not paid for simultaneously of course), and finally the money dance. I think that stuff alone obliterated my entire two week paycheck.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I would have gladly paid $1000 to see my best friend get married, but I'm just amazed at how much everything cost. I mean $175 for a rental tux that I only wore for less than 24 hours. That's nuts.

But enough about that. Let's get to the good stuff. There were about 200 people at the 2nd reception, and i don't think a single person there was sober. Even this 14 year old kid at my table was buying drinks at the bar. Pretty damn funny too. You can just imagine what the dance floor looked like. I think the best two parts of the eveing that I'll remember the most were dancing with the bride to #41 (while another friend of mine was singing the words to us....completely wasted), and when the bride threw the thing aroung her leg to the guys (Damn it......what the hell is that thing called???).....anyway, as tradition goes, whoever catches it will be the next one to get married. So when it went into the air, all the men standing there dove out of the way and let it hit the ground. Ahhhhhh......good times. Too bad I was the only one sober enough to remeber it. Haha.

Well........I've had 8 hours of sleep in the past three days, so I think I'm gonna go to bed and dream about all the beautiful women that were at the reception. Good night!

Well, $9/hour doesn't get you far in Marin. Hell, Starbucks in Marin starts you at that. So you're basically getting paid the same amount the people who make your coffee do...which sucks. At least it's a paid internship.

What do you do for fun out here anyways pcbTim? I'm pretty well setup in San Rafael and have parties pretty frequently (and the people who went to Boone can tell you I party well!)...we listen to Tim at them

We should hook up sometime.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000