Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Official Heart Concert Review.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 06/22/2003 : 10:15:31 AM
Maybe "review" is a bit glamourized.

It was a GREAT show. In Memphis, on a little hill in the park. I bet probably about 2000 people there tops, and by the end, maybe 200. Weather could not have been designed and been better. Perfect temperature, ground dry, clear sky. They put on a hell of a show, too. Ann and Nancy had some pretty big people playing with them:

Mike Inez (bass) - Ozzy Osbourne, Alice In Chains
Gilby Clarke (lead guitar) - Guns N' Roses
Ben Smith (drums) - Lovemongers
Darian Sahanaja (keyboadist) - Wondermints/Brian Wilson

Ann Wilson is way bigger than she used to be, but her voice is spot on. She sounds just like she did when all the songs everyone's heard were recorded. I mean exactly like that. Perfect. And of course they did play all the songs everyone knows. Dreamboat Annie (that was the very last song, the second encore), Barracuda, Crazy on You (my favorite), and a bunch of others. They played 4 completely new songs. One or two were pretty mediocre, but the other two will make the album when it comes out next year. They also played one Led Zeppelin tune during the show, and then another in the encore. I was surprised about that, but their versions sounded GREAT!

I went just sort of for the hell of it. Nothing better to do and I like a few of their songs, but damn, they put on a rockin' show. I thought they were more like classic rock, but some of their stuff is classic HARD rock.

Nancy and Gil both had their guitar racks up there... Each had about 11 guitars, too. Nancy plays an SG (not unlike the one Angus played, but not exactly), so that was grand. Gil had what I guess is called a bangitar that he played for one song. He can play well, too.

If Heart is near you, I highly recommend you going. Tour Dates.

Heart Homepage.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PJK Posted - 06/22/2003 : 11:26:12 AM
Ah glad to hear about the concert Jason. You give a great review. I pretty much suck at reviews hehehe, but I already posted my PG review on the PG thread. hehe
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 06/22/2003 : 10:27:42 AM
Too bad Silky the Pimp wasn't there... I know he just LOVES Barracuda...

Pam, now it's your turn to review Peter Gabriel.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000