Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Off to see Peter Gabriel

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 06/08/2003 : 6:26:59 PM
In about 3 hours I'll be heading over to the Irvine Amputheatre (only like 10 mins from my apt) to see Peter Gabriel for the first time! It is the opening show of his new tour so I'll be the first to see any new tricks he is sure to have in store. I seriously can't wait to hear the UP songs live. Look for a review later tonight or early tomorrow! PEACE
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Arthen Posted - 07/16/2003 : 7:23:25 PM
Thanks! That did the trick. Such an awesome idea.
KevinLesko Posted - 07/16/2003 : 03:13:03 AM
you may have to sign up for the full moon club, it's free... then click full moon club, and then click encore series.
Arthen Posted - 07/16/2003 : 03:02:30 AM
Maybe I'm just completely inept, but where on petergabriel.com do I go to find info? I looked around but couldn't find anything...
Arthen Posted - 07/16/2003 : 02:54:14 AM
HOLY COW!!!!

I did indeed miss that post. Thanks for the heads up. Based on your review, I may have to grab that concert.

Games Without Frontiers is one of my favorite songs too.
KevinLesko Posted - 07/16/2003 : 02:13:17 AM
In case you (or anyone for that matter) missed my other post, Peter is offering proffesionally mastered discs of all the shows on this tour. I ordered one, although it hasn't shipped yet, I guess it takes about 3 weeks after the show to get sent. Go to www.petergabriel.com for more info. I can't wait to have a professional recording of the show!
Arthen Posted - 07/16/2003 : 01:22:42 AM
After finally getting my hands on the Secret World Live DVD, and watching it about twenty times, I fully grasp the concept of the Head Camera. This makes me regret missing him all the more! Damn it!

tericee Posted - 06/22/2003 : 01:26:21 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

I don't think it's the opening show. His tour said that he played at Shoreline Ampitheater on the 7th, I remember, because I was going to try to go.

Hey, cool. My cousin lives on Shoreline Drive.
PJK Posted - 06/22/2003 : 01:18:30 AM
Just got back a short while ago from see Peter Gabriel in Camden. He played form 8:30 to 11:00! Same set list as you saw Kevin. The crowd was really up for this one. Maybe being an outside, smaller venue gave it a better feel. Even though I had 2nd row seats at the First Union Center in Nov, the feel of this crowd was definitely better. As my son said, it was weird seeing the 40 crowd rocking out!hehe And rock out we did! It was awesome! Best part for me was not thinking about my cancer for 2 1/2 hours!
Miss Sorrel Posted - 06/10/2003 : 9:59:25 PM
WOW!!! that's awesome! I have been on a major Peter Gabriel kick lately. I wish I had of been a little while ago, I would have been more apt to seek out tickets for the tour. None the less... Kevin, glad you had a great TIMe, and PJK, I am happy that you are looking forward to it even more... I would be too!
Arthen Posted - 06/09/2003 : 12:09:01 PM
Ach! That's freakin' awesome. I wish I could've seen him. That sounds like a really great setlist.

Maybe I can catch him on the next tour...
PJK Posted - 06/09/2003 : 07:17:40 AM
AHHHHHHH!!!!! THANKS KEVIN!!!!! Now I am even more psyched to see the show! Digging in the Dirt....I really relate to now. Oh gosh, so many great ones and a great mix! Talk To Me sounds like what he did with Paula in the Secret World tour! Awesome, wondering though since I liked that version if trying to repeat the scene will lose something? Just a thought.

Anyway thanks again Kevin. This has been and continues to be a time of anguish for me so hearing all this put some positive happy vibes in my life! Thanks Big Time!!!!!
KevinLesko Posted - 06/09/2003 : 05:01:29 AM
MAN! where to start?? I think I'll start out by warning people that my review contins spoilers, so if you plan on seeing this show down the road, and don't want to know the setlist/costumes/antics then don't read!

OK, for those of you still here, I'll give a setlist with a song by song review.

1. Red Rain: very calm, no stage show, just everyone getting into the groove.
2. More Than This: now things started picking up with an awesome light show
3. Secret World: this one really got the crowd going and the energy level up... everyone was dancing on stage
4. Game Without Frontiers: I marked out big time because it is one of my favs... Peter and daughter Melanie sang while riding on those new people mover/scooter things
5. Mercy Street: Peter told us all to imagine ourselfs on a river, and they all sat down playing their intruments as if they were on a boat together.
6. Darkness: Highlight of the show for me as it is my favoite song off UP, but I think it was too rocking and loud for the older crowd. I loved it though, Peter was screaming during the loud parts!!
7. Digging in the Dirt: Peter busted out the head camera from the secret world tour
8. Dont Give Up: lots of crowd interaction
9. The Tower that Ate People: I don't think a lot of people recognized this since it was off OVO, but Peter intro'd it by saying that the "safer we are, the more trapped we get"
10. Growing UP: another highlight for me since I really wanted to hear as many UP songs. The giant BALL made an appearance but the small stage limited his motion, but he did bounce it like a lowrider, and ran over the guitarist!
11. Shock the Monkey: another crowd pleaser
12. Sollsbury Hill: this one had the whole crowd clapping and dancing
13. Sledgehammer: nice long jam intro, and Peter wore the strobe light jacket
14. Signal to Noise: Peter intro'd by saying that if you don't like the way your gov;t is representing you then you need to SIGNAL TO NOISE

BREAK

15. In Your Eyes: very cool version with help from the opening band (I forget their name because the are Uzbekistanian)

BREAK 2

16. Talk to Me: complete with the london phone booth, and peter pullung the cord out to his daughter. Awesome duet by the two

Break 3

17: Father, Son: Just Peter and Tony on stage, and PG gave a beautiful intro story about him and his dad doing yoga in the moores, you could see Peter coming to tears duing the song.

that's it for now, i'm very sleepy so maybe i'll post more lata!
Arthen Posted - 06/09/2003 : 12:59:31 AM
I don't think it's the opening show. His tour said that he played at Shoreline Ampitheater on the 7th, I remember, because I was going to try to go.

I'm sure it'll be a great concert over all! Let us know how it goes!
PJK Posted - 06/08/2003 : 6:43:49 PM
Ah Kevin, I hope you love the show as much as I have when I've seen Peter! I have seen Tony Levin with his band as well and he is a most amazing bass (and stick) player! Gotta love the funk fingers! David Rhodes is great as well. I am assuming Jed Lynch is playing the drums on this tour although as much as I liked Jed in the show last fall, I have a preference for Manu Katche!

I am seeing PG the 21st in Cambden NJ! I know the show is different from the fall tour, but I am hoping to hear some of the same and some different songs. I will be interested in the set list as he didn't vary it much on the last tour. I was just glad to hear him sing Father-Son as it meant something to me. I will be happy to hear whatever they play!

Can't wait for the review Kevin! Hope you are still so wired up after the show that you post yet tonight. Something to look forward to tomorrow!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000