Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Anyone ever work a night-shift ? ? ?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
{=HTG=} Posted - 06/03/2003 : 03:47:15 AM
I've been working "night-side" at McDonalds, 5-12 (or closing) and I stay with a few fellow workers and shut everything down, then leave. When I get home i'm not in the least bit tired, and dont usually end up going to sleep till around 4 , 5 , hell, one night even 6. That time I even said goodbye to my mom as she left for her job in the hospital. It's odd, and a strange thing to get used to. I get plenty of sleep, and wake up around 3 or 4, get ready, and head over to MC's and get to work. Well, right now its 3:45, so I should at least try to go sleep.
23   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
{=HTG=} Posted - 06/08/2003 : 04:40:34 AM
Damnit night-shift, I can never sleep. Its almost 5 and i'm still very much wired.
DavidT Posted - 06/07/2003 : 5:40:43 PM
The empty class schedual is from me not getting into Spanish III, so I have to pick another class.
{=HTG=} Posted - 06/07/2003 : 02:22:55 AM
But seriously, David mom got a notice from Mrs.Bennet saying you were empty a class schedule, so she'll be curious about that. But anyway, i'll see you sunday.
{=HTG=} Posted - 06/07/2003 : 02:21:55 AM
Flaming Moe anyone?
DavidT Posted - 06/06/2003 : 5:07:21 PM
fuck, an 81?? oh well.
{=HTG=} Posted - 06/05/2003 : 11:28:04 PM
Oh, sorry dude, that sucks. But yeah, I was told you guys are comming back Sunday, so i'll see you that night (i'll be working) and I probably wont catch you guys comming back. But anyway, sorry about Spanish, you pulled a decent B ( 81 ) And dont worry about mom, she hasnt found out, and she doesnt have to know. . . . But she told me you guys called, I missed it. But anyway, i'll see you Sunday.
DavidT Posted - 06/05/2003 : 6:16:01 PM
Oh my God, Pedro, this place is so BOOOORRRRIIINNNGGG, I mean, it's nice in all, but DAMNIT I want to go home!! It's been nothing but rain since Monday and Alex won't stop CRYING!!
...... only 3 more days, hugh...

Anyway, I hope mom isn't too pissed off at my grade, or have you told her yet? I dunno, but did I make an 85 or higher in Spanish II? If not then I'm not going into Spanish III. Well, I'll talk to you on Sunday, later.
therippa Posted - 06/05/2003 : 4:40:49 PM
Working from seven to eleven every night,
It really makes life a drag, I don't think that's right.
I've really, really been the best of fools, I did what I could.
'Cause I love you, baby, How I love you, darling, How I love you, baby,
How I love you, girl, little girl.
But baby, Since I've Been Loving You.
I'm about to lose my worried mind, oh, yeah.
PJK Posted - 06/05/2003 : 4:07:22 PM
yep me too Jay! Smokin alittle of the stange weed again, hummmm?

{=HTG=} Posted - 06/05/2003 : 12:55:05 PM
Jay, I find that post hard to take seriously, especially after that coffee pot thing.
Jay Posted - 06/04/2003 : 8:53:50 PM
In the morning I talk to my coffee pot it's name is Pete/He tells me things like "Find the White Dove, my son!"/and then I go to school.

My neighbor works the ultimate night shift...Drives to Chicago and back four nights a week. He's a Nam Vet and totally insane...During Fourth 'O July we were blowing off fireworks while he was outside...He thought he was getting shot at and ran behind his house...It was pretty funny...He calls me Chuck from time to time and I really don't know why.
PJK Posted - 06/04/2003 : 8:39:58 PM
HAHAHAHA yep I would say that too!

Hey it was nice to have someone to talk to in the early morning hours!
pcbTIM Posted - 06/04/2003 : 8:03:35 PM
Hmmmmm.......let's see.......I'd say.......every night.
PJK Posted - 06/04/2003 : 07:18:31 AM
hey, I can vouch for that! How many times were you still up when I got on line in the morning before work? hummmmm hehe
pcbTIM Posted - 06/04/2003 : 01:39:40 AM
I didn't technically have a night shift, but there was a time last semester where I was completely nocturnal. I'd go to bed around 6 or 7 AM and wake up late in the afternoon.
Fleabass76 Posted - 06/04/2003 : 12:00:33 AM
Yeah, so I have an interview Friday to work from 10pm-7am at Super Target department/grocery store. If I get the job, I'll say bye to the sun for the summer.
dan p. Posted - 06/03/2003 : 9:05:08 PM
i feel bad for people who have to work late. there's this guy i work with. he comes in at 4pm. he's the night manager. the store closes at 9. he's there till like 3 or 4 scraping and cleaning the floors and things. i mean, you gotta figure he gets home around 330 at the earliest. assume he goes straight to bed, he probably gets up at 12 or 1. and then back to work at 4. everyday except saturday. just seems real shitty is all.
tericee Posted - 06/03/2003 : 8:04:05 PM
quote:
Originally posted by {=HTG=}

I've been working "night-side" at McDonalds, 5-12 (or closing) and I stay with a few fellow workers and shut everything down, then leave. When I get home i'm not in the least bit tired, and dont usually end up going to sleep till around 4 , 5 , hell, one night even 6. That time I even said goodbye to my mom as she left for her job in the hospital. It's odd, and a strange thing to get used to. I get plenty of sleep, and wake up around 3 or 4, get ready, and head over to MC's and get to work. Well, right now its 3:45, so I should at least try to go sleep.

You sound like the entire staff of 9:30!
Evergreen Posted - 06/03/2003 : 3:07:07 PM
I worked all night while in college, bartending and bar accounting then went to class all day. It sucked and my whole system fried out for awhile. I couldn't eat at night or sleep during the day. I eventually got used to it. That was after several bouts with hallucinations from lack of sleep and almost failing organic chemistry because I couldn't stay awake during that class at 8am, with its big comfy chairs. heehee!
Fleabass76 Posted - 06/03/2003 : 2:53:34 PM
I'm thinking about working 3rd shift at Target if I ever bother to apply...
Xar666 Posted - 06/03/2003 : 2:51:50 PM
I used to work 10pm to 6am at Enron. I have also worked 6pm to 6am (yes, 12 hours) for Dow Chemical.
{=HTG=} Posted - 06/03/2003 : 2:19:41 PM
No, night - side crew doesnt get paid any extra...though we can help ourselves to whatever's about to be thrown out, oh yeah. And overall just less work. It is wierd though, eating a 'dinner' at around 2 - 3 in the morning, but i'll get the hang of it.

quote:
Sixteen hour straight schedules were a bitch! (pun intended...hehe.. bitch, female dog, veteriary hospital....ok lame I know)

Ha!
PJK Posted - 06/03/2003 : 08:43:25 AM
yep I interned at the University of Penna. Veterinary hospital and had the night shift for awhile. It was usually boring, not a lot happening except an occasional dog that was hit by a car. Worst was when they scheduled me for the morning shift the next day! Sixteen hour straight schedules were a bitch! (pun intended...hehe.. bitch, female dog, veteriary hospital....ok lame I know)

I liked going home on the train in the early morning and watching all the commuters headed to work! Ofcourse I had to go back when they were all at home but hey.

I also worked nights at a local vet. hospital for 2 years and it is weird to have that kind of schedule but once you get into it its not too bad. Late night TV can sometimes be more interesting.

Hope they pay more to the night shift employees!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000