Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 A hat, a guitar, and three tons of cheese

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jay Posted - 05/24/2003 : 2:29:25 PM
So...Today is pretty rainy...Kinda sucks cause i want to go fishin', but I'll probably get to go anyway. And I'm listening to (guess who) Richie Haven's version of Maggie's Farm. Really, really rocks. I've been playing it on ma twelve string for a while and it's been a blast.
Anyone ever notice how good Stephen King's books are, but how much the movies made of his books suck? I mean, they are entertaining but the acting in 80% of them is horrible. I think "The Stand" is the best, just cause Gary Sinese is in it and it's funny to see Lieutentant Dan running around with a demon named "Randall." For an example of the former, watch "It." An entertaining movie, but horrible acting. It seems as though Stephen King doesn't want people to watch the movie and then read the book, rather read the book and then make fun of the movie. Either way, he still named his son Joe, so his son's name is Joe King...Joking? I think not.
And last night, my good friend Nick stopped by to listen to me talk and play guitar, and I may have my first gig at an outdoor market in about a month. I don't think I'm good enough, but Nick assures me that if they can have a guy that plays an un-amplified electric guitar and sings like a dying cat I can play there. I still don't think I'm good enough, in fact I think that if I were to play there seventeen gypsies would shove "Love Potion" down my throat and then tell me I was the next Messiah so I think that playing my first gig at an outdoor market in a church parking lot may be a little to firghtening for me. But I may be able to get some tips for my horrible version of "Cripple Creek." If the other dude can make aboot a hundred a day playing the riff to "Paint It Black" a thousand times over I might make a good deal of cash.
So the other day I got a B on an English paper...That's right, folks! Batwoman gave me a B!!!!!!!! I was so happy that I nearly opened the window with the yellow sticky note on it that says "Broken, do not open, thank you!" That is a cardinal sin in my English class, let me assure you, and that little tyrannous act might've landed me in room 309 with the Biology teacher, grading tests for 45 minutes after school. Batwoman was out, and I had one of my favorite substitute teachers of all time sitting in. Of course, this gave me the chance to expend the tremendous amount of energy I had. Most of class was spent joking around about how when Batwoman is out the entire class literally gets up and sings Grease style. "shoo-bop doobly-doo-wop-doo!" That was fun.
The day before that I was running the mile. I had to do it in 11:30. I did it in 10:30, and I only ran about 1/4 of a mile. It was easy. Except for the fact that I have a bad knee, and, on top of that, a pulled muscle in my thigh on the same leg. That sucked. What really sucks is that no one beleives me that it hurts, so I really can't use it as an excuse because, in the minds of the people that I am trying to convince, I'm just making shit up. I'm not, it hurts real bad.
Does anyone eles here share my thoughts on Gandhi? Cool, I thought so. Gandhi rocked.
My sister came back from Arizona the other day, she was three shades darker than the molasses color she already was. In the sun, I begin to look Mexican. In the winter, I look Chinese or Korean or somehting. Aren't Mexican and Oriental like, exact opposites? Like Orange and Blue or Black and White, or fat and thin? Yeah, I'm one hell of a screwed up little boy. But that is due to the fact that it runs in the family.
My dad is snoring like it's going oot of style over here and it's beginnign to get annoying so I'll get up now, night folks, and stay away form drugs unless someone dissolves them in your whiskey.

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Evergreen Posted - 05/28/2003 : 4:20:21 PM
Jay I love your stories!! Between this one and the village people thread I've been laughing heartily outloud for at least 15 minutes.
Thank you. I just got home a few hours ago and was supposed to be home YESTERDAY but missed my flight and had a huge long layover. Something like 10 hours. I guess you can't call it a layover if I missed the flight.
Now for some R&R with I'm sure translates to SLEEP
tericee Posted - 05/26/2003 : 7:47:50 PM
That's a very good point, which leads me to notice that all of the best King-based movies are from novellas or short stories.

Stand By Me: The Body (short story)
Shawshank Redemption: Rita Hayworth... (short story)
Green Mile: Green Mile (serialized novella)
Thinner: Thinner (short story)

Other movies based on short stories include Children of the Corn, which some people liked and some people hated, and Lawnmower Man, which claimed to be based on a Stephen King story but took very little from the actual short story.

Jay Posted - 05/25/2003 : 3:11:38 PM
Oh, and the rest Arthen mentioned. They seem to be more of his "Non-Scary" movies. Oh,I got to go fishing last night, and this morning. Last night I caught aboot 20 bluegill and bass and htis morning 1 big walleye. Man do me and my dad have entertaining conversations on the boot.
Jay Posted - 05/25/2003 : 3:00:50 PM
Yeah I said 80% are bad...I love Shawshank.
tericee Posted - 05/25/2003 : 02:19:32 AM
I liked Hearts in Atlantis, too, except that it didn't NEARLY do the book justice. It was only 1/3 of the story, the ending was changed, and much of the subtext was left out so as not to confuse the audience. But as a stand alone story, it was enjoyable...
Arthen Posted - 05/24/2003 : 6:38:35 PM
I was just having a conversation with my father about Stephen King. He's such a great character writer. And don't forget about "The Shawshank Redemption" and "The Green Mile" both based off of stories by Stephen King. And also "Stand By Me". He's had his share of great movies.
PJK Posted - 05/24/2003 : 3:13:50 PM
Good to have you back Jay! Fun reading the pages of your life. Congrats on the B !!! Way to go! It was probably worth an A+ but hey that's the way it goes someTIMes!

Sounds like your guitar playing is going well, go for that gig, what the hell? Worst you can do is....I don't know what the worst you could do would be, but it can't be THAT bad!

Enjoy the rest of the day. I am so damn sick and tired of this fuckin RAIN!!!! Makes for good fishing weather actually so go and have yourself some fun!

And Jay, one last thing.....LAY OFF THE WEED! Just had to say that for old times sake!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000