Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Moving

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CPPJames Posted - 05/23/2003 : 09:27:23 AM
Well, a lot of emotional things have been going on with me lately. My parents got divorced and my mom just left. I've been sick for a week straight and can't really hold down food...and lately it has evolved into a fever as well.

Long story short, I'm moving tomorrow morning. I'm going to pack everything up and just hit the road back to my hometown to stay with my sister for a while until I get my head screwed on straight. Should be an interesting adventure, never driven from southern Florida to Buffalo by myself (talk about a change of weather). Should I go straight through or count on a hotel somewhere in the middle? I think I want to try for straight through, but ya never know.

This will either be the best thing that's ever happened to me or the worst. Time will tell I suppose.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PJK Posted - 05/29/2003 : 12:18:59 AM
So glad to hear you made it safely! The fact that you have a bunch of friends waiting to go out with says a lot about your decision. I would say you made the right choice.

Ummmm, now about that 18.5 hour thing.....somebody put the pedal to the metal! hehe
CPPJames Posted - 05/28/2003 : 11:35:31 PM
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

James,

I owe you one emergency donut.

Signed

Jason

(send me your new address)

Do I even want to know? LOL...I'll mail you my address tomorrow, I gotta run right now but I'll definitely remember to do that.
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 05/28/2003 : 11:28:16 PM
James,

I owe you one emergency donut.

Signed

Jason

(send me your new address)
CPPJames Posted - 05/28/2003 : 11:08:44 PM
I made it! Hard to believe it, but I did. We only have a dial-up connection here so I won't be on as frequently until I get the cable modem ordered up. I made it in 18.5 hours, MapQuest said 22.5, so I made amazing time. There was almost NO traffic, excellent weather (rained for maybe 15 minutes the entire trip) and everything was excellent. I'll keep you posted on my job's well being and how everything else goes, but tonight I'm supposed to meet some friends so I gotta cut this a bit short. Thanks for all the well wishes!
Evergreen Posted - 05/28/2003 : 4:12:05 PM
Yeah me too, hope things are getting better for you. Let us know how you're doing.
PJK Posted - 05/27/2003 : 10:51:33 PM
So James are you still in Florida or did you make it to Buffalo? I saw you were on line from time to time. Just wondering. Hope where ever you are you are feeling better and getting your head together. (Just for the record, I think your head is already pretty much together considering what you have been going through.) Good vibes still going your way!
Arthen Posted - 05/25/2003 : 9:06:42 PM
Posting kind of late to this now, but best wishes to you man! Drive safely.
PJK Posted - 05/25/2003 : 10:59:49 AM
Hope you had a safe trip. I also hope you were able to leave (today)Sunday as you planned and took 2 days to reach Buffalo. Traveling on Memorial Day weekend will mean extra traffic, but someTIMes that helps for concentration. I for one will be happy to see you post again.

Good vibes going your way!
CPPJames Posted - 05/23/2003 : 3:46:37 PM
I have a nasty habit of falling asleep in one lane and waking up in another. I intend not to do that this time. If I can find a $30-$50/night hotel somewhere that's not scary, I'll probably just try that. Who knows, maybe this is what needed to happen to get my life together! I'm doing my best to look on the bright side. Will keep you posted as soon as I know one way or another.

Thanks for all of your support, this board has really helped me through some crappy times.
tericee Posted - 05/23/2003 : 2:19:33 PM
I'm sorry all that has happened to you. I hope you are able to find comfort (or at least time to think) at your sister's house. Be careful on the drive...

You can usually take naps at rest areas for three hours or less. I have been known to do that when I feel like I'm going to fall asleep at the wheel. People tell me its unsafe, since people have been carjacked that way.

My answer: I'd rather put myself in jeopardy than kill some unsuspecting driver because I was too stupid to get off the road.

BTW, mapquest has a pretty good road trip planner thingy
Erich Posted - 05/23/2003 : 1:07:00 PM
best of luck for you, definatly. sorry youre going through some rough times, but it'll clear out. If you felt this strong about leaving, youre doing the right thing.

As for a straight drive... thats at least 24 hours. go drive as long as you can, then pull into a truck stop and rest for a few hours or something. A hotel would be nicer, but not if youre trying to get there AFAP.

Good luck.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000