Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 The Halogens @The Village Underground Thu 5/22 NYC

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Anne-Sophie Posted - 05/18/2003 : 11:51:37 PM
My friends, The Halogens, are coming back to NYC! In fact, I booked the show myself. Pretty cool eh? They are headlining the Village Underground, quite a feat as it is a fairly big venue and they have never played there before. So my task now is to get as many people to come as possible. And have all of them bring as many friends as they can and so on and so on...

Here is all the show info:

The Halogens www.thehalogens.com @ The Village Underground www.thevillageunderground.com
Thursday May 22nd
The Halogens go on around 10:00pm, and can play as long as they want!
All ages.
$8

Here's a little about the band:

The Halogens are a four-piece guitar rock band, located in Boston, MA since 2001. The Halogen sound calls to mind everything from the last 40 years of guitar-driven rock, mixed together and poured out like a bi-continental pint of Guinness - a strong body of UK rock roots and a nice, thick head of American attitude. Press comparisons have covered this time span as well - the band has been likened to everything from Paul McCartney to Radiohead, Oasis and The Verve.
The band formed in late 1998 and released two critically acclaimed albums (see sound) under their own power in 2000 and 2001. In 2002 The Halogens released a new six-track CD, The Resolution EP, on Simba Recordings (an L.A. indie label with roots in the UK).
The Halogens have been featured on college and commercial radio since their inception, and can be heard on a number of stations in the Northeast USA and worldwide. 2003 sees The Halogens entering the studio to record a follow up to the successful Resolution EP, negotiating new business ventures, and establishing a touring circuit.

I like to tell people, a bit more simply, that live, they sound like a cross between Radiohead and Oasis.

You can also buy their EP at the Aware Store, www.awarestore.com/display_artist.cfm?ARTIST_ID=1270, and you can read an interview at Dreams Awake www.dreamsawake.com/index2.htm.

I hope you will all at least consider coming. It is sure to be a great time. Bring dates and lots of friends!

If you want some MP3's, let me know and I can try to get one to you. And if you have any questions, please e-mail me or IM me at AnneSoSFO

I hope this finds you well, and to see you next Thursday!

Cheers my friends!

Anne-Sophie (& James)
PS: Let us know if you're planning on coming! Or make it a surprise... That would be fun as well...
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Anne-Sophie Posted - 05/21/2003 : 11:01:35 PM
Top: it's tomorrow! :)
Arthen Posted - 05/19/2003 : 1:41:26 PM
Well, the only two places I've lived are in Sacramento and Chico. Both are extremely hot and unplesant all around. I'd have a much better attitude towards CA if I lived in Santa Cruz or San Francisco! :D
Anne-Sophie Posted - 05/19/2003 : 1:13:38 PM
I'm from San Francisco... Which I love... It is just so beautiful! And I miss it... :(
Arthen Posted - 05/19/2003 : 04:37:12 AM
Heh, best-coast my ass. I really don't like living on the west coast that much. I'd prefer the east coast. But, what is one to do.
Anne-Sophie Posted - 05/19/2003 : 02:36:16 AM
:) Thanks! I'll let you know when they come out to the Best Coast ;)
Arthen Posted - 05/19/2003 : 01:27:35 AM
I'd got if I could, alas, I live in California. But I hope you get a lot of people to come and the show is good.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000