Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Ben Harper (Last Night)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CPPJames Posted - 05/11/2003 : 3:23:46 PM
Anyone into him/them? I saw them last night in Clearwater and I'd say the show was alright. The first half of it was almost entirely electric, but it was wayyyyyy too loud for the venue. My ears seriously hurt for the first hour or so. In the encore he played some softer stuff, and his microphone/amp actually died. The entire crowd shut up completely and you could have heard a pin drop. It was the quietest I've ever heard a crowd in my life. It was such a weird night, one minute it's too loud to hear anything, the next minute we could clearly hear an acoustic guitar and vocals from 60 feet away. All in all, I'd say I had a good time. Just curious if anyone's a big fan or anything.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
victorwootenfan Posted - 05/13/2003 : 11:37:40 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

I would suggest Live From Mars.

thanks a bunch, i'll check it oot!
Arthen Posted - 05/12/2003 : 3:54:18 PM
I would suggest Live From Mars.
CPPJames Posted - 05/12/2003 : 12:45:45 PM
Also, regarding the claim that he just sits on a couch the entire time...I just remembered he was jumping up near the drums and jamming with one of the drummers (there were two). He also went up and played the drums a bit while one of the drummers came out and was doing his own little solo thing. All in all I'd say he was pretty mobile.
CPPJames Posted - 05/12/2003 : 12:42:43 PM
I've heard a lot of people say Live from Mars is a good album. My girlfriend loves Disc 2 but strays away from Disc 1 because basically the heavier electric stuff is Disc 1 and the softer stuff is on Disc 2. I'm gonna have to borrow it at some point to evaluate for myself.
victorwootenfan Posted - 05/12/2003 : 12:30:18 PM
nice! i love ben harper, but i don't have any cds of him yet. i really like burn one down(i learned that recently). what would you suggest i get for a first ben harper album?
CPPJames Posted - 05/12/2003 : 12:45:14 AM
No doubt, some guy kept yelling out "You're the best slide guitarist ever!", which he acknowledged after the guy wouldn't shut up. I wouldn't go that far, but I'd say he's damn good. Problem was, most of the time it was so loud it literally hurt my ears and I couldn't appreciate it.
Arthen Posted - 05/11/2003 : 11:51:23 PM
Ben Harper is a really good slide guitarist, in my humble opinion.
CPPJames Posted - 05/11/2003 : 8:38:18 PM
That's really odd...people were going nuts at the show (indoor/theatre setting). I expected a more relaxed atmosphere. Ben was constantly standing/moving with the exception of a couple songs in the encore where he sat down and two songs where he played slide on his lap. I'd say the energy was anything but low.
KevinLesko Posted - 05/11/2003 : 6:55:59 PM
I've only heard the new cd once while at work one day, and I really remember liking the reggae sounding first track. How was the excitement level of the show? I've heard a lot of complaints about Ben who usually just sits on a couch he whole show.
CPPJames Posted - 05/11/2003 : 6:18:40 PM
Both...sexual healing was really cool. He's definitely a good guitarist, some of his slide work was top notch. I just couldn't really get into the heavier electric stuff cause it was just too damn loud. I'm sure it ruined what is actually decent music.
Arthen Posted - 05/11/2003 : 4:00:38 PM
I'm not a big fan, but I'm definitely a fan. His new album is really good, and he's a pretty goo guitarist. Live From Mars if probably my favorite album of his.

I like Jack Johnson to a lesser extent.

Did they play Sexual Healing or Burn One Down?

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000