Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Sleep Disorders

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CPPJames Posted - 05/06/2003 : 4:12:05 PM
Anyone else have extreme problems with sleep? I am *always* tired. I never feel motivated to do anything but lean back in my chair and play guitar. Doesn't matter if I get 20 hours of sleep or 6 or anything in between. I sleep well, don't toss and turn, have pleasant dreams...just never feel well rested.

I am *always* 10 minutes late to work...like clockwork. I hate being late, but I just have a ton of trouble forcing myself to get out of bed on time. Just curious if anyone has sleep related issues.
16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
bugman96 Posted - 05/07/2003 : 5:15:44 PM
quote:
Originally posted by CPPJames

I have perfected the leap out of bed, snooze button press, jump right back to bed without skipping a beat motion. I think what I'm ultimately going to do is set up an application that will do something seriously evil to my computer if I don't get up and go across my house to stop it from firing. Something like a program that if I don't kill it, it will remove all of my SHNs/MP3s. That might motivate me to get up.

Set the snooze to 1 minute; that'll get annoying damn fast
KevinLesko Posted - 05/07/2003 : 3:44:52 PM
Good luck on the finals Patrick, I'm always envious of all you guys who finish so early. I'm not done until mid june.
CPPJames Posted - 05/07/2003 : 3:09:02 PM
I have perfected the leap out of bed, snooze button press, jump right back to bed without skipping a beat motion. I think what I'm ultimately going to do is set up an application that will do something seriously evil to my computer if I don't get up and go across my house to stop it from firing. Something like a program that if I don't kill it, it will remove all of my SHNs/MP3s. That might motivate me to get up.
bugman96 Posted - 05/07/2003 : 3:03:03 PM
quote:
Originally posted by CPPJames

I am *always* 10 minutes late to work...like clockwork. I hate being late, but I just have a ton of trouble forcing myself to get out of bed on time. Just curious if anyone has sleep related issues.

Set your alarm earlier and keep it across the room so you have to get up to turn it off.
GRock Posted - 05/07/2003 : 3:00:37 PM
i have a friend that slept for 42 hours back in HS. he had been up a long time (not more than a day) but he was chain smoker and had gotten pretty drunk before going to bed. that seems like a good way to avoid the hangover....just sleep through it.

i've done 26hrs of sleep. no drugs or lack of sleep involved. it was summer and i guess i had just tucckered myself out. so when i woke up , i thought only 2 hours had gone by and i didn't think anything of it. i called my friends and we were all getting ready to go out and there was a comedy show playing and it was only when everyone pointed out that the show was yesterday that i realized i had slept so long. kinda freaked me out.

oh and the original question. i feel tired too and i know that when i used to work out more i was not nearly as tired (if at all) so i would have to second the whole "excersice is key" thing.
pcbTIM Posted - 05/07/2003 : 07:01:00 AM
Well......it's 4 in the morning.....been studying all night. And I have finals from 8 AM to 8:30 PM. Differential Equations at 8, Electronics and Instrumentation at 11, American Cultures at 2, and Pro-Engineerer at 5:30. Boy will I be happy when this day is over.
KevinLesko Posted - 05/06/2003 : 7:57:39 PM
haha, for a while my roomate and I would set his cd alarm clock to Korn's "Twist" (1st song off the Life is Peachy cd) awful noise to wake you up... we quickly discovered that waking up with a miserable noise is not the way to go.
Jay Posted - 05/06/2003 : 6:52:49 PM
i have the same exact problem...My usual dose of two-four cups of coffee in the morning usually does the trick, as does a smoke. Also, my record for staying up is 52 hours...It was fuckin' crazy...I had so much caffiene, THC, nicotine, and other "things" in my blood that even when I tried to sleep, I found it very hard. When I did fall asleep, I only slept for a few minutes at a time until I REALLY went under....21 hours, non-stop...I went to sleep at 5 in the afternoon and woke up around 1:30 or so the NEXT afternoon, I thought someone was fucking with my clock, then I check the preview channel, and sure enough it was the next day...My parents said, "Jesus, we thought you were dead!" Ah I love lack-O-sleep!!!!!
Arthen Posted - 05/06/2003 : 5:59:14 PM
I can function on little to no sleep, but I won't be pleasant. I'm great if I sleep 7-9 hours a night. Which I seldom do. Maybe that's why I'm so sarcastic/cynical/sardonic.
Xar666 Posted - 05/06/2003 : 5:41:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

sugar and carbs make me real tired

Yes, it's called an insulin spike.
pcbTIM Posted - 05/06/2003 : 5:26:22 PM
And speaking of sleeping disorders, my friends and I are gonna stay up for 72 hours so we can say that we've been "legally insane". It'll probably happen next semester. But boy will we have a ton of caffine in our systems at the end.
CPPJames Posted - 05/06/2003 : 5:22:57 PM
Cigarettes make me REAL tired sometimes. If I'm already sleepy, a cigarette will put me to sleep, which is odd because it's a stimulant. I noticed the same thing about coffee...sometimes it exhausts me. I think I have some weird reaction to stimulants.

I tried the cell phone thing Kevin, I've even tried writing a simple app for my computer that will play the most annoying sound you can think of, but it never gets me up. I had a loft bed when I was at school and I had my computer play the intro to Time by Pink Floyd over and over again...yet I'd still sleep through classes and at noon when my roommate came home he'd have to shut it off.
pcbTIM Posted - 05/06/2003 : 5:22:21 PM
My sleep schedule has been at it's worst this semester. I would alternate between having class at 9 AM, and no classes at all. So I would alternate between getting 3 hours and 12 hours of sleep. But now that the semester is almost over (Thursday), I've been getting qabout 6 hours a night and it seems to be enough. Now I only have to worry about getting up at 6 everyday when my internsgip starts.

And I'va always had trouble falling asleep. On average, it takes me about an hour to fall asleep. But there has been one or two occassions where I've fallen asleep in five minutes, and to be honest....it didn't feel deserved. I fell asleep too quickly. I guess I'm just not used to it.
PJK Posted - 05/06/2003 : 4:56:54 PM
I do best on 5 1/2 hrs sleep, more than 7 and I am not good for much of anything.

I am tired by the night but during the day, unless things have been real stressful, I am usually full of energy. Must be all the coffee I drink! Especially now that I don't put sugar in my coffee. Somehow sugar and carbs make me real tired so I avoid them. Except for occassional pasta if it isn't grown, I don't eat it!
KevinLesko Posted - 05/06/2003 : 4:35:16 PM
working out is the key here, take one or two hours to excersize daily, this will guarentee you to get better sleep as well as being energized during the day. You may also try taking some gensing... it is an herbal vitamin that marathon runners used to chew on while running. I took it while playing basketball. One other thing I have found usefull is to change your alarm... I have gotten so used to ignoring my alarm that I don't even pay attention to it anymore. I switched to the alarm on my cell phone which has a different tone, and better yet NO dangerous snooze button, and it has been working.
therippa Posted - 05/06/2003 : 4:30:08 PM
I do to. I'm always tired. I get home from work and take a 4 hour nap, wake up, hang out for a bit, then go back to sleep for another 5. Repeat daily. Maybe I need to start working out or something.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000