Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 FTP Question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/21/2001 : 6:16:26 PM
Can the videos that are on the FTP site here be burned to a cd? That's probably another of my simply answered questions, but still one to which I don't know the answer.

What I mean is, once you download them, do you have to leave them on the hard drive to be able to view them, or can you burn them to a disc and take them off your drive? And what viewer do you have to use to watch them?

Another FTP question... Some shows (in the solo acoustic audio) aren't available in SHN. So if I download them mp3, would it be considered bad form to trade them?

Ok, that's all I can think of now...

-Jason-

Philosophy is a study that lets up be unhappy more intelligently.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/18/2001 : 12:12:20 AM
So this [great] friend of mine downloads about 5 shows onto her computer at work, then I go over there to burn them onto cds I brought (an hour drive for me, no big deal), and something is completely wrong with her computer. Not her fault at all or anything like that, just that I was disappointed because I was all hyped about getting the shows and all...I still don't know what the problem with the burner was...some kind of error...don't know what...but I wasn't able to get the shows after all and I'm not sure if I will now. The burner on her computer isn't working, or not working from hard drive to disc. I think disc to disc still works, not that I've ever done that..

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
krystal Posted - 11/12/2001 : 2:31:43 PM
yeah, Jason, your [great] friend is working on those shows....
enthuTIMsiast Posted - 11/02/2001 : 9:26:28 PM
...and assuming I have a dvd player. Ha.

Anyway, my [great] friend agreed to download all the avaliable shows on this FTP for me. All great quality shns and all the mpegs. I'm really excited. I'll have about 15 new Tim shows in about a week, I suppose. She has that roadrunner connection, which I guess is about cable or T1, I dunno. Anyway, it took her a day (I guess taking breaks sometimes) to get one show, whereas it took me about four days to get one show. Plus, she can do it while she's at work without causing problems, and she can leave it downloading at night (for the large files like the mpegs). It is working out super!

Anywho, just thought I'd give an update.

-Jason-

'F*** that, man, I don't play songs. I jam.'
Isaac Posted - 11/01/2001 : 09:25:22 AM
You can also get software that'll let you burn mpeg's to cd's that are playable in your DVD player assuming your DVD player can play VCD's. I found a site that tells ya all about it:

www.vcdhelp.com

Give it a try

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
diggin Posted - 11/01/2001 : 12:59:26 AM
yeah, it's totally possible. an mpeg is just a data chunk. nothing too special about it. just burn them as data with your favorite software and you should be able to view them from the cd by telling your media player to open whatever mpeg is on the cd. If you find that it doesnt look right, or that it skips a lot, you can just temporarily copy the mpeg to wherever you want it on your hard drive and watch it from there until your done. then just delete it.

enthuTIMsiast Posted - 10/23/2001 : 4:40:18 PM
Thanks Baboonboy. I have a friend with a cable modem (I'm 56k) and she'll probably be able to get most of the stuff from the FTP site, which causes me great joy.

I didn't mean that I would convert the mp3s I have back to shns or anything. I just meant could I list that show as one that I have and trade it as mp3. I'm not skilled enough to convert stuff anyway.

Ok, on the videos, how big is the screen when the show is going? Really small, or enjoyably big? I'll get them either way, of course, but I would like to know so I can be prepared.

-Jason-

Philosophy is a study that lets up be unhappy more intelligently.
Baboonboy Posted - 10/21/2001 : 6:29:35 PM
Yes you can burn mpegs to cd, and unless you have like a 2x drive, it should play just fine. Mp3s should stay mp3s if possible... Trade them as such..

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000