Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Winamp Plug-in

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
CPPJames Posted - 04/24/2003 : 12:48:57 PM
What was that plugin that raised the sound quality of Winamp? I generally use Winamp 3, and I was under the impression that that plug-in wasn't available for Winamp 3 yet. I just wanna keep checking. Anyone recall?
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KevinLesko Posted - 04/24/2003 : 7:46:29 PM
thanks, I had no idea about this, I downloaded and set the preference to "rock" and I definatley notice an improvement. Yeehaw for better sound.
CPPJames Posted - 04/24/2003 : 6:16:10 PM
Also, the thing I'm noticing more and more as the day progresses is it's ability to cap the sound to minimize the effect of really sudden, louder parts. That's truly beneficial because I use it at work all the time and I'll be talking to someone and the drums will come in and they shoot me a dirty look, lol.
CPPJames Posted - 04/24/2003 : 6:14:00 PM
Tweak I will =). I tend to be a treble oriented person, so I've modified it a bit to "tweak" the treble output. Even with just general improvements, it sounds a hell of a lot better. At first I could barely notice it, but I just switched back and it was incredibly obvious.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/24/2003 : 6:11:01 PM
I think each person has to tweak it to their own tastes... also remember that everyone has different speakers, so what settings I use on my computer may or may not sound good on yours. I think "general improvements" is a good starting point, then tweak from there. I like the word "tweak." Tweak.
CPPJames Posted - 04/24/2003 : 4:49:19 PM
Right, I understand how to change the presets =). I'm just wondering if there was a specific setting that people were using that was really solid. I'm using general improvements or something like that now, and it seems to work well.
Arthen Posted - 04/24/2003 : 4:33:28 PM
I prefer "Inside the Music" myself.
therippa Posted - 04/24/2003 : 2:23:20 PM
Do I need to listen to the mp3's for you too??

Right click winamp -> options -> preferences

Then Plug-ins -> DSP/Effect -> Select Enhancer v0.17

Click Configure

Choose a preset!
CPPJames Posted - 04/24/2003 : 2:13:57 PM
I'm running it now...what kind of settings do you guys use? I'm not a real audiophile so I'm somewhat lost. I really need something like a "make audio sound better" button =).
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/24/2003 : 2:12:14 PM
Dee 2 is a decent one for Winamp 3, but still not quite in the same league as Enhancer for Winamp 2.
CPPJames Posted - 04/24/2003 : 2:04:16 PM
I *love* the skins for Winamp3, you can really make it look cool...but I have to admit, the usability is poor. No stop after current that I can find and I agree that the playlists are horrid. I may just go install Winamp2 again. Thanks.
therippa Posted - 04/24/2003 : 1:56:40 PM
http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/detail.jhtml?componentId=81361

Only supports Winamp2, but that's ok. I uninstalled winamp3 a while ago because the new playlist sucks ass (doesn't autosave half the time, queues oddly), and the winamp2 crossfader seems to work better (and uses less resources)
CPPJames Posted - 04/24/2003 : 1:26:43 PM
Actually, when I search for "enhancer" on Winamp.com, no dice. Could it be under another name?
CPPJames Posted - 04/24/2003 : 1:21:24 PM
Thank you.
therippa Posted - 04/24/2003 : 12:57:06 PM
Enhancer 0.17

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000