Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Root Canal was cool...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jay Posted - 04/23/2003 : 3:48:14 PM
Yeah, so the guy that did it was named Jay...Everyone I know with that name is very cool, so I knew he was gonna be a nice guy. He joked through the entire process, which was great. They put a clamp on your tooth, and then a latex thing over it to isolate the tooth. Jay says, " Okay, this is so nothing like tooth chips and nerves fall down your throat...Only bad news is that you have to come back here tomorrow to get it taken off." At first I thought he was serious, but we all chuckled quite a bit through the entire process. One time, he got a little needle stuck in my root, and he's like "Ah come on! Damn thing!" while he's yanking on it and making funny little grunting noises...We all had to stop for a minute cause it was too funny. He kept saying these little things to himself like "Oh now WHY did I do that?" just to see what I'd do...I liked him, funny guy. Afterwards my mom and I went to Sam Ash so I could play some music. Turns oot that we were the first customers in there that day, so we got lots of attention...well, I got lots of attention with my incredible skill and dexterity on the old geetar. Then, off to the Chinese Buffet we go, my mouth still numb as all hell. There was a CD playing over the PA at the restaraunt...Roy Orbison and Paul Simon translated to Chinese..." Pretty Woman...Chang zha sing op!" " Cha so bao zi qui Julio doa qi zha di chao!" It was hysterical. Our waiter was the type with the bouncy black hair, you know with the cowlick in the back so there's like, two hairs sticking up...At least he could pronounce "Pepsi." Most chinese waiters say "Pesy." I don't know why...Maybe it's because they are too uptight that the only place that serves Chinese food also serves chocolate cake. Hmm...So we go to pay and the cashier, a portly oriental fellow, named "Jay" gives us two cards and says " E you gee a Stahmp ou geet a frrreee meel." Okay, thanks Jay. Then, into the car and into a mess of traffic that was slower than Dubya reading Shakespeare. But, we had Gillian Welch and David Rawlings to keep us company. That is, until we came upon the construction site. Well, not really, we just drove through it no problem, but what if we DID stop? They are building a new entrance ramp, and it's just dirt now...But why are there three nice young men digging a hole right in the middle of it? I'll never know. I think I'm going fishing tonite...Maybe, depending on how the ole Dad is feeling. I'll bet you he'll say " I had a long day" as if I didn't have one. I'm covered in dog hair now, and I think I'm gonna go to sleep here in a minute so I can be rested for my nightly bout with the TV remote...And then maybe if I'm lucky my prescription painkiller will...um..cheer me up...
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcbTIM Posted - 04/25/2003 : 7:18:49 PM
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

at least your dentist is cool and funny, mine always trys to talk to me and friggin asks me questions when she knows damn well that I can't possibly mutter any kind of intelligable answer with her hand shoved in my mouth! Maybe she's just gotten very good at understanding mumble.

I think all dentists are able to understand mumbles. I know all the ones at my mom's old office were able to. Probably just comes naturally over the years.
Jay Posted - 04/25/2003 : 6:23:08 PM
They have lots of very nice acoustics, and literally hundreds of electrics. It's more of a general music store, with wind instruments, recording, and kinds of shite. I like it because it's more open than guitar center, which always seems kind of cluttered. Plus the guys at Sam Ash are very nice to me cause I'm in there so much.
KevinLesko Posted - 04/25/2003 : 2:04:12 PM
Is Sam Ash kinda like a guitar center or guitar world?
KevinLesko Posted - 04/25/2003 : 2:03:02 PM
at least your dentist is cool and funny, mine always trys to talk to me and friggin asks me questions when she knows damn well that I can't possibly mutter any kind of intelligable answer with her hand shoved in my mouth! Maybe she's just gotten very good at understanding mumble.
pcbTIM Posted - 04/25/2003 : 06:42:47 AM
Haha. That would be weird, but unlikely. She hasn't technically practiced for about 5 years. She just comes in twice a year and cleans my teeth as well as my sisters' and my step-dad's.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/25/2003 : 01:50:59 AM
I feel your pain Patrick... I have to get mine out as well, but I think I'm going to wait until after I graduate in August... apparently I have a super hard case and they're going to have to chisel out bone and all sorts of unpleasant stuff.

Oh, and not to play the syncronicity card too soon... but my dad is also a dentist... he does a lot of speaking these days, so it would be a super small world if your mom happens to know him through any of his speaking gigs.
pcbTIM Posted - 04/25/2003 : 12:51:24 AM
You lucky bastard. The day after I have my last final exam (May 9th) is the day that I get my wisdom teeth taken out. Now that's what I call a homecoming present. I don't know whether to root (pun intended) for the end of the semester or not. But on the upside, I get drugged and I'll be spending most of my time sleeping afterwards. Anyway, congrats on actually having fun at the dentist. Like I said before, my mom's a dentist and I still hate going there. I'd suggest going to that guy for all your dental work for now on.
Arthen Posted - 04/24/2003 : 6:56:42 PM
Yes, I am also glad to hear it went well.

I need to meet a few Jays. You people sound pretty groovy! ;)
PJK Posted - 04/24/2003 : 4:52:56 PM
Jay really happy to hear it all went well for you! Sounds like it turned out to be an awsome day!
tericee Posted - 04/23/2003 : 7:53:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Jay

They put a clamp on your tooth, and then a latex thing over it to isolate the tooth.

That's called a dental dam. They are also very useful for safe oral sex (only use the ones w/o holes). Just thought you'd like to know.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000