Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 New Metallica Tracks Leaked?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 04/21/2003 : 9:41:02 PM
Has anyone heard anything about this yet? Are songs from St. Anger out on the net yet?

Adam
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 04/27/2003 : 12:39:18 AM
I should clarify, what my bro in law actually downloaded, once that I got the FULL story from him, was a file off of allmetallica.com, which has snippets of different songs from St. Anger. But you can tell that Metallica is reverting back to their old roots. The fact that there are no guitar solos on this album has been common knowledge in the Metallica fan community for a while I guess, and the fact that there are no solos means this album is going to fucking ROCK. Back to their speed metal roots.

I personally don't think that Metallica has made a decent album since ...And Justice For All. THAT album was so badass. The way they would be going in one direction with a certain time signature and key signature, then just CHANGE suddenly to a new time and key. It was so freakin' awesome. And it sounds like there will be some of that kind of stuff on St. Anger too.

Master Of Puppets, Ride The Lightning and Kill Em All are just classics. The black album was decent, but not the same old Metallica. And Load and ReLoad are GOOD albums, but not good METALLICA albums. But they are still good to listen to, if you can forget that it is supposed to be Metallica. I never bought Garage Inc., b/c it is just covers, and S&M was kind of a joke, b/c of the fact that they're playing with the symphony, seems a bit too Spinal Tappish for me... Hero Of The Day was beautiful with the symphony though, as was Nothing Else Matters. I think they should have released a version of the album WITHOUT the symphony, for a great Metallica live album. For better live stuff though, check out the RErelease of the box set, Live SH*T: Binge & Purge. It's 2 DVDs and 3 CDs....You guessed it, all live SH*T.

Adam
victorwootenfan Posted - 04/25/2003 : 10:03:23 PM
S&M is a great album! it's the only metallica album i own, and i bought it with gift certificate's, so i didn't pay metallica a cent! It's a very cool album, them with the orchestra, really has some great tones and colors in it. Will i get another metallica album? probably not...
KevinLesko Posted - 04/25/2003 : 2:09:46 PM
Yeah it appears that everyone is playing musical bassists, because the reason that Marilyn needed a new bassist was because Twiggy jumped ship to a Perfect Circle, and APC needed a new one because that chick jumped to Zwan.

Keeping on topic, we were at the Pub at my school watching the Lakers game last night and they were playing S&M and I had forgotten how friggin bad-ass that cd is. I admit I've lost a great deal of respect for Metallica through the napster thing, but they sure as hell do still rawk.
pcbTIM Posted - 04/25/2003 : 12:33:39 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Erich

what a shame

I'd say what a sham.
Erich Posted - 04/25/2003 : 12:13:33 AM
quote:
Originally posted by GuitarGuy305

I heard some of this stuff today.

where?

and i cant believe there are no solos. what a shame
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 04/24/2003 : 7:16:33 PM
I heard some of this stuff today. It's freaking awesome. No solos!!!!!

Can't wait for June 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adam
victorwootenfan Posted - 04/23/2003 : 10:25:34 AM
Anyone heard that jason newsted is ozzy's new bassist? i just picked up my new bass player magazine today, and that was front cover. i just thought that was badass, and very very fitting! COOL SHIT INDEED!
therippa Posted - 04/23/2003 : 12:52:52 AM
My favorite banner ad...

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 04/22/2003 : 10:21:51 PM
I know theyre out somewhere. My brother in law downloaded some of the new tracks. He said they are way more aggressive than Load or Reload, big shock there, but Metallica seems to be back to their old roots. And their new bassist is formerly of Suicidal Tendencies, so that just fucking rocks.

Adam
Saint Jude Posted - 04/21/2003 : 10:51:33 PM
over the past 4 year battle with napster, metallica becomes the worlds most hypocritical band by putting their own songs out on the net before the cd is released.

o that would be great.
Arthen Posted - 04/21/2003 : 9:58:34 PM
They would cry their asses off.
Poparad Posted - 04/21/2003 : 9:57:10 PM
Now wouldn't that be the ultimate irony?

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000