Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Keep the Faith!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jsoldo Posted - 04/17/2003 : 01:11:21 AM
OK... so here it is. I've been doing a pretty shitty job lately as far as keeping this page current (photos, tabs, FTP, etc) and I apologize for not representing Tim the way he should be, and Im sorry to you guys too. I do this in my free time and I basically have had none of that free time business. I have been working my ass off in school, BUT I will be graduating in 31 days! Let me just say that again because I cant even begin to express my excitement: I WILL BE GRADUATING IN 31 DAYS!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ok, now that all that nonsense is outta the way. I have major plans for timreynolds.com. Im almost positive I will be redoing the entire site with way better graphics and defintly way better technology. This means a facelift and an easier page for me to keep it current. This was my first major website and didnt know much when i did it. Since then I have done tons of sites and know how to make them awesome. I have plans to allow Fluffy to upload photos himself so hopefully pictures from shows will be up that night. I have plans on getting a 100% reliable FTP server, and all the other data (interviews, tabs, etc) will be either XML or database driven => easy to update => <=Jon

So in the words of Fluffy, "Keep the Faith" its coming.
And once again sorry for the lack of service, but ill make it up to you!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
dan p. Posted - 05/29/2003 : 4:55:02 PM
wait wait wait. so there's bug eggs in my mac and cheese? ah well.
Evergreen Posted - 05/29/2003 : 4:15:09 PM
Ok 2 different boxes of KRAFT mac and cheese, both in different places and both with bugs. You better change the name of the thread to
Fluffy: DO NOT read this thread. He'll be crushed. He estimated in another thread that he ate 700 plus boxes in a year.
Arthen Posted - 05/29/2003 : 02:34:50 AM
I wish I did. I want tour dates too. Everyday with out tour dates, leads me to start considering the stupid "He'll be touring with DMB" rumours.
PJK Posted - 05/29/2003 : 12:32:50 AM
uh Jon....we're waiting, hehe

Seriously, anyone know of any TIM shows other then CO and the Blues festival in MD?
bugman96 Posted - 04/18/2003 : 8:54:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

Is this why your screename is BUGMAN?

tericee Posted - 04/18/2003 : 7:16:34 PM
Is this why your screename is BUGMAN?
bugman96 Posted - 04/18/2003 : 5:41:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by CPPJames

I was never under the impression that when food expired maggots suddenly appeared, lol.

It doesn't but stored grains and cereals have expiration dates because it's not uncommon that there are Tribolium beetle eggs in them [1]; the expiration is a just a safeguard so you don't ingest the larvae. Dermesitd beetles are also common in stored grains [2].

For a REALLY disgusting factoid from a book I have send me an instant message.

[1] http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/~parasite/tribolium.html

[2]http://insects.tamu.edu/images/insects/fieldguide/bimg154.html
PJK Posted - 04/18/2003 : 12:56:15 PM
Jeez we could change to a new topic called "gross things found in food"

I found a grasshopper in my Reunite once. Thats what I get for going with cheap wine! Never had it again...now I go for the good stuff!
pcbTIM Posted - 04/18/2003 : 09:03:10 AM
Maggots, eh? I had a similar situation. I had boiled the water and was ready to begin making Kraft Mac & Cheese, when I poured the noodles in and saw a ton of bugs!! I don't know if they were already dead or if the boiling water killed them. But regardless, it definitely freaked me out. I think I ended up eating something frozen.
victorwootenfan Posted - 04/17/2003 : 8:54:19 PM
Thanks john for the upcoming news, and congrats on graduating! I myself am graduating in about 40 days from the big "high school" onto JMU! i can't wait!
tericee Posted - 04/17/2003 : 7:39:08 PM
Hey Jon, now you can be fearless on Fear Factor. You've got the maggot thing covered. They may have to hit you with bobbing for cockroaches instead...
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/17/2003 : 11:51:53 AM
Congrats man, I feel your love for graduation!
Evergreen Posted - 04/17/2003 : 11:41:52 AM
EEWWW! Jon, will you ever be able to eat kraft mac and cheese
again. Better stick to that yummy homemade recipe of yours instead!!

Boycott prepackaged factory food!!!!!!

Congrats on graduating, you certainly earned it. The best thing ever is not having homework at night and on weekends. Until grad school of course. Heehee! Take a break and party down for awhile.
CPPJames Posted - 04/17/2003 : 11:18:31 AM
I was never under the impression that when food expired maggots suddenly appeared, lol. I was getting ready to go to lunch and now I'm having second thoughts.

Erich, what language are you using to build your site? Are you using a particular product or something like notepad? I do a lot of XML based work (I live in database land all day)...just curious how you're handling it.
bugman96 Posted - 04/17/2003 : 09:59:39 AM
quote:
Originally posted by jsoldo

Oh yeah... on a completely seperate note. I made Kraft Mac and Cheese (spirals) today for lunch. I prepared the meal and sat down with a tall glass of milk, piled some spirals onto the fork and got ready to dig in. Then I noticed something was moving in the bowl. I thought to myself "hhmmm thats odd, i dont remember spiral noodles ever moving by themselves". So I took a closer look and it was a FUCKING MAGGOT!!!!!!!!!! YUCK!!!!!!!! Thank God none of that meal came in contact with my mouth. It was gross

That's pretty damn gross. Just curious though, do you know what the expiration date on the box was?
PJK Posted - 04/17/2003 : 08:04:07 AM
Congratualtions on the upcoming Graduation!!!!! That is great news! Seems a number of the members will be celebrating this year!

sorry about your mac and cheese! Yuck! He must have fallen in after you made it or you would have just had some added protein,hehe.

As for the site, you could have fooled me! I go on a number of sites and this one is my favorite, not only because of the people here but because I like the setup best! Anything else you do will just be icing on the cake! Can't wait to see what it will be like.

Most of all, THANKS JON !!!!!
Erich Posted - 04/17/2003 : 02:44:09 AM
dude, no matter what i do with my website, i always refer to this one, so its ALL GOOD. while youre here though, I need to ask you a few things if you dont mind.

a> i started making an xml backend for my site's data, do you have any pointers? im new to server side scripting and databasing and such.

b> id be glad to help out with any of the shows on the prospected ftp, since ive been helping to seed them to the archive, correct any errors (like the kent state show being misdated), and fix up setlist discrepencies, so if you need anything hollar

c> any word on the 5/7/01 video/soundcheck/peter's set?

and most importantly - CONGRATS WITH GRADUATING!! booya.
dirtysloth Posted - 04/17/2003 : 01:31:53 AM
Jon, don't worry a bit about apologizing... we truly appreciate all that we've got as it is!!! But of course you've got me excited and I really am anticipating what's to come. Hang in there for the next month and do what you gotta do. CONGRATULATIONS ON FINALLY BUSTING OUT OF SCHOOL!!!

Also, here's wishing everyone a maggotless Kraft Mac & Cheese. However, all other food is currently fair game.
Arthen Posted - 04/17/2003 : 01:20:30 AM
Hey Jon! Glad to know you are alive and well! Congratulations on graduating soon, I've got a few more years to go...

Can't wait to see the changes to the site, and I'm sure we all know you do your best, and it is understandable that things get busy!

And fucking ew about the maggot. That is so disgusting. Were there more or was it just one?
jsoldo Posted - 04/17/2003 : 01:15:48 AM
Oh yeah... on a completely seperate note. I made Kraft Mac and Cheese (spirals) today for lunch. I prepared the meal and sat down with a tall glass of milk, piled some spirals onto the fork and got ready to dig in. Then I noticed something was moving in the bowl. I thought to myself "hhmmm thats odd, i dont remember spiral noodles ever moving by themselves". So I took a closer look and it was a FUCKING MAGGOT!!!!!!!!!! YUCK!!!!!!!! Thank God none of that meal came in contact with my mouth. It was gross

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000