Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Dark Side of the Moon - 5.1 Surround

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
therippa Posted - 04/14/2003 : 6:38:43 PM
Check it out

When I first heard about this they said it was going to be a DVD-audio release, not an SACD release. I'm SO bummed. SACD players are pretty expensive.

I dream of one day owning an SACD player so I can put in black lights and sit perfectly in the center of my 5.1 setup listening to this.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
victorwootenfan Posted - 05/13/2003 : 11:39:07 AM
i actually have that blonde on blonde cd, one of the only dylan cds i own. it's just a burn copy of the normal album, but i just thought i'd say that...
therippa Posted - 05/12/2003 : 8:42:57 PM
Got the system setup....all I got to say is INSANE.

I also picked up Bob Dylan's Blonde on Blonde sacd...this thing was completely worth it. The sub isn't as good as my old one though. Here's a problem one of you may know the answer to...

My old system had a wicked sub with an amp built into it. This one comes with a shitty sub with no amp, but the signal sent it it is amplified 100watts. What is the name of that dealie I need to get at radio shack to turn the amp signal down to line level so I can use my old amp with it?
victorwootenfan Posted - 05/11/2003 : 9:50:55 PM
i still haven't tried "oz tripping" yet, but i'm sure at college next year it'll happen!
KevinLesko Posted - 05/11/2003 : 7:02:36 PM
My girlfriend and I picked up the new version of darkside of the moon last night and I must agree... even without owning a SACD player it sounds great... way better that the old one I had... plus the old one skipped which threw off the sync when we do the Wizard of Oz thing. Oddly enough we did that last night since Nicole had heard about it, but never actually tried it. She is now convinced that they did it on purpose.
Arthen Posted - 05/03/2003 : 12:53:23 AM
I wish I had an SACD player. I'd love to hear Peter Gabriel's stuff in 5.1.
KevinLesko Posted - 05/03/2003 : 12:18:37 AM
Peter Gabriel released his entire catalogue as SACD as well, this has me contemplating buying one...
therippa Posted - 05/03/2003 : 12:06:06 AM
Welp, I bought a new home theater today...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3021457544&category=39817#BID1

It's like they fell off a van and this guy is selling them. I got it for $125 under retail. Couldn't beat that.

So now I have to wait a week for it to get out here, but then I get to fulfill my dream. Sweet. Plus I'm gonna take the old system and put it in my bedroom ... it's the same thing minus the SACD
victorwootenfan Posted - 04/15/2003 : 2:38:10 PM
wouldn't it be cool if it had a dvd/wizard of oz special feature...

Man what a great album, i just listened to it over the weekend, great stuff! I don't know the dates, but if you really like it, check out phish's live version of it, and moe.'s live version of it as well. great stuff to cover that album!
Erich Posted - 04/14/2003 : 8:02:35 PM
yup :)

http://www.pinkfloyd-co.com/pfco_news.html

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000