Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Aloke Dutta in CO

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Saint Jude Posted - 04/12/2003 : 12:33:45 AM
ALOKE
Just a reminder that Aloke Dutta will be performing at the Bluebird Theater in Denver, Colorado on April 23rd (at 9PM). This is an all ages show and a great opportunity to see/hear a wonderful tabla player. If you are lucky, Aloke might even tell some of his favorite dirty jokes (tantric in nature), or at least offer his own brand of philosophical enlightenment. Hopefully, many of you digging out (?) in the Denver area will attend the show as Aloke recently made the terrible mistake of taking Danny and I (along with a couple of others) out to lunch at an Indian restaurant here in Los Angeles. Once he announced that he would be paying the bill, the large Taj Mahals and Yetis began to arrive in a steady procession, interrupted only by shining platters of Tikka and bowls of mulligatawny soup in which we dipped garlic naan bread. And of course I ordered enough papadam* for a Maharaja. Wow, I was sure peeing amber that afternoon! Also performing at the venue on that evening will be a local band called Katalyst.
* those lentil crisps that I so adore with spoonfuls of that green stuff.

tnx to toolband.com for that one.... some people from the board live in the area right?
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
thomasode Posted - 04/12/2003 : 3:53:32 PM
I've never heared him play. Mabe I'll run over to the Blue Bird and catch the show.

btw were not digging out anymore! almost all the snow is gone! it is about 70 today
Saint Jude Posted - 04/12/2003 : 2:57:27 PM
why yes, yes it is.
PJK Posted - 04/12/2003 : 12:14:44 PM
HAHAHAHAHA ok I see, I had only been up for a short while when I read that one so I guess by brain wasn't functioning yet. ( Dose that sound like a good excuse for being an idiot??? Humor me and say yes,hehe!)
Saint Jude Posted - 04/12/2003 : 11:17:35 AM
i dont know jack about indian food, it was from an article that toolband.com posted. Danny in the article is tools drummer, and I is Blair, dude that runs the web site.
PJK Posted - 04/12/2003 : 10:28:01 AM
Ah once again the jealousy sets in as I am NOT in the Denver area and I love the tabla!!!! I will just be happy with the thought that on May 22 I am going to see Ali Akbar Khan and Zakir Hussain in Princeton NJ!

BTW, SJ I would love to hear more about Indian food someTIMe! Don't know much about it.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000