Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Keller Williams fans?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Isaac Posted - 10/17/2001 : 08:57:35 AM
Man I just saw Keller Williams this past weekend, and all I can say is holy shit! That guy is talented as hell, I'm still in disbeleif that you can get those sounds out of a 12 string acoustic. His riffs are super percussive and complex yet he plays them soo effortlessly. He also does lost of looping like Tim, only he runs around playing different instruments and blending them together.

Anyone else on here a fan? If not you should seriously check some of his stuff out. He's the only other person i've seen play slap acoustic besides Tim.

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Joel_BoxofDreams Posted - 10/30/2001 : 6:05:39 PM
i live in PA, i just saw keller at the chameleon last thursday night, it was incredible, the looping stuff he does is insane...did anyone ever see him dance? its hilarious....and as far as slap acoustic goes, whats your definition of that? if youre referring to the percussive stuff he does, ie playing it like a drum, ive been doing that for awhile, messing around with effects and the like, and i thought it was pretty cool to see someone else doing it live.

Isaac Posted - 10/22/2001 : 09:20:28 AM
Silky,

Yeah its kind of hard to express sarcasm well through text hehe. Ah well whatever floats yer' boat.

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Silky The Pimp Posted - 10/19/2001 : 2:24:00 PM
Hehe I know... I was just kidding around... my sarcasm frequently gets the best of me. He's not THAT bad. Just not my cup of tea... his voice reminds me a little of Ben Harper's, which is the soul reason I can't listen to Ben Harper. Funny thing is that that's exactly what a lot of people say about DMB... love the music but his voice grates on their nerves, yet I LOVE his voice. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks I guess. :)
-J

Isaac Posted - 10/19/2001 : 2:07:23 PM
AD/DC fucking blows IMO, I like that he mellowizes it. I find it hard to beleive anyoen could find Keller's voice more intollerable then Bon Scott's gross scratchy singing.

Still if nothing else it's an amusing creative cover, and its a descent example of how casually that guy can tear shit up on a 12-string.

Isaac

Silky The Pimp Posted - 10/19/2001 : 1:42:06 PM
Wow... I had to listen to SRV for 8 hours solid just to regain my straigtness after that unprecedented display of homoeroticism. I can't honestly say that I thought I'd ever hear AC/DC covered with such a... well it was almost a hillbilly'ish twang... yet this Keller fellow seems to have done just that. If I ever hear that voice again I fear my head my implode.
-J

Isaac Posted - 10/19/2001 : 11:44:13 AM
Okay no one is allowed to post another message on this board until the've downloaded the following 2 tracks, listened to them, and made a comment about them.

heheh j/k, but seriously ya'll should give these tracks a listen.

http://www.mailbag.com/users/isaac/Keller Williams - [96.09.05] - You Shook Me All Night Long live .mp3

http://www.mailbag.com/users/isaac/Keller Williams - Breathe with String Cheese Incident .mp3

Isaac

ujohnb01 Posted - 10/17/2001 : 3:28:15 PM
I am checking his shit out right now.
Regards,
BJ

Boom Boom Doom

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000