Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Zwan

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Saint Jude Posted - 04/03/2003 : 3:16:20 PM
What does everyone think of this band. Im sure u all know billy corgan is the singer for it and such. I saw them a few weeks ago, really good show, high energy, very light hearted, just a great atmosphear. Was a really fun show to see. But the sound was way way way way way way way too loud for that venue, its like the size of a basketball court, and my god, my freakin ear. anyway, wondered what everyone else thought of them. U can hear audio samples at www.zwan.com and im sure u download them too.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bill Palmer Posted - 04/14/2003 : 12:01:31 AM
It doesn't mean that I think Zwan is better than Smashing Pumpkins. It's just that most of Zwan's music is more pleasing to my ears than most of the Pumpkins' music was. Just a personal preference, I suppose.

I would never want to take away from what the Pumpkins did as far as pushing the music scene forward in the early nineties. They helped create that pocket of time when, if only for a brief moment, the music being played on radio and TV was all new and fresh and original...before the formulas kicked in and diluted it all back down to, well, formula stuff.
PJK Posted - 04/13/2003 : 11:47:24 PM
whoa that was a great story! I can't wait to tell it to my son! As for Zwan vrs. Pumpkins, hummm. I like Zwan a lot, but I loved the Pumpkins! I think he is definitely having more fun and the music isn't as dark. I'm just so glad to have Billy back playing again and he couldn't have gotten together with better musicians! I just love watching Chamborlin play! And Paz is awesome!
Bill Palmer Posted - 04/13/2003 : 11:34:59 PM
So I go to the Zwan show the other night at Pompano Beach Amphitheater, and for the encore, Billy Corgan announces "We have a very special guest, I'd like to introduce my hero, no my real hero, my father, Bill Corgan Senior."

And then this fifty-year-old biker dude with a mustache and leather jacket, who looks, sounds, and acts exactly like Billy Corgan, comes out with an electric guitar and leads Zwan in a blues song. It took me until about halfway through the song to realize that this wasn't a joke, this really was his dad, right down to the shaved head.

After the show, Billy Corgan Sr. comes out and starts signing autographs, so I go over and meet him. Another fan says "You play better than your son," and Billy Sr. says "Don't say that too loud. Hey, I'm the original Billy Corgan." After a bit he says "It's beer time with my son" and excuses himself.

It might have been weird if I'd met, say, Billy Corgan himself. But meeting his father was beyond indescribable in terms of wierdness. There's things you thought would never happen, and then there's things that it would never even have occured to you to think that it wouldn't happen. This was definitely the latter.

Oh, and Zwan? Pumpkins fans would call me a heretic, but I like Zwan better so far. Billy's clearly having more fun, and his voice doesn't seem quite so grating. Perhaps it's Paz's voice that's balancing Billy's voice out. Or maybe it's Paz's looks that's balancing Billy's voice out. I'm not sure.

Aynway, they were loud.
PJK Posted - 04/13/2003 : 10:53:58 AM
They were awesome! Loved Billy's hat! They sounded great! Chamborlin was amazing as usual!
Saint Jude Posted - 04/13/2003 : 01:12:23 AM
They played Lyric and Settle Down. Billy looked taller then normal, although he is like 6'5"... and Paz had some old school 70's shorts on. But it was ku.
PJK Posted - 04/12/2003 : 10:31:27 AM
Don't forget SNL tonight!
Saint Jude Posted - 04/11/2003 : 12:49:10 AM
o kewl. tnx for lettin us know.
PJK Posted - 04/10/2003 : 11:40:17 PM
Zwan is going to be on SNL this week, the 12th!
victorwootenfan Posted - 04/05/2003 : 8:51:13 PM
i have only heard the radio song i like it. it def. is no smashing pumpkins, but i love billy corgan, his voice, his guitar playing. Just very original sound all together. don't much about the other guys in ZWAN, but the song i've heard sounds fine(not SP tho...)
PJK Posted - 04/03/2003 : 8:50:44 PM
funny, I love his voice! hehehe Different strokes for different folks, LOL
Silky The Pimp Posted - 04/03/2003 : 8:02:15 PM
I can't stomach Billy Corgan's voice. Which sucks for me because I know it's good music but I just can't listen to it.
PJK Posted - 04/03/2003 : 7:50:10 PM
I agree 100% about Chamborlin, also find it interesting that they have another female bass player. I think we can expect some great things from Zwan in the not too distant future.
Saint Jude Posted - 04/03/2003 : 6:33:24 PM
i agree, it isnt as powerfull, but still is very good music. Chamborlin is a such a great drummer, he is often overlooked when it comes to drummers.
PJK Posted - 04/03/2003 : 4:42:53 PM
My son got me into the Smashing Pumkins and Billy years ago! I am a huge fan of his! Funny you should have this up here because I am going up to Penn State tomorrow to get my son because he is going with his friends to see Zwan at the Electic Factory in Philly on Sat night! (I bought the tickets for them as soon as I saw they were coming to Philly!) He bought me Zwans CD and while I like it, (not as dark as Pumpkins), it isn't up to the same level as the Pumpkins either.
KevinLesko Posted - 04/03/2003 : 4:39:36 PM
I've been listening to their cd in regular rotation almost everyday at work (as it was one of the last new releases we recieved before our shipments ceased) and at first I didn't like it too much... then one I got past the fact that it wasnt Smashing Pumpkins, and that I shouldn't be expecting it to be them, I started to dig it more. Whenever costomers ask my opinion on the cd I tell them once you get past the fact that it ISNT S.P. and that it is quite poppy, it is very good. And I know exactly how your ears feel right now, after seeing Queens of the stone age in a small venue, I couldn't hear for two days.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000