Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 No Baritone Songs On D&T Thus Far?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 03/23/2003 : 1:55:54 PM
In perusing the D&T setlists from the tour so far, I've noticed Dave hasn't played any baritone songs (Space Between, I Did It, What You Are) acoustically with Tim.

Maybe they don't translate well to an acoustic arrangement, though I Did It sounds great solo Dave, and Tim could only add to that. Or maybe it's just easier if Dave's not switching guitars every other song.

Or maybe, like the rest of us, Dave would like better to put those Everyday baritone songs behind him???

Just wondering why Dave hasn't busted out the ole trusty bari acoustic yet.

Adam
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jay Posted - 03/25/2003 : 3:23:12 PM
I also heard that he was gonna play the piccolo along with Bartender...I did hear this, by the way. But the ritual sacrifice sounds mind-blowing. He will kill the goats with a Dobro. I hope is not a Scheerhorn.
Arthen Posted - 03/25/2003 : 1:19:00 PM
I would have to say it would be before the sacrafices. You don't want to get blood on a nice set of bag pipes. Not only does Tim do the patting his head rubbing his stomach, he switches and rubs his head and pats his stomach. It's a new form of improvisation he's got going on.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 03/24/2003 : 11:45:08 PM
Will that be before or after the on stage ritual goat and hog sacrifices ?

And I also heard that Tim will be armpit farting along to Watchtower, Two Step, and Song That Jane Likes, while patting his head and rubbing his stomach. This I have to fucking see.

Adam
pcbTIM Posted - 03/24/2003 : 11:44:35 PM
I dunno......a bagpipe version of Stream would sound pretty kewl.
Erich Posted - 03/24/2003 : 10:35:15 PM
do you guys know shit about anything? Fluffy's been saying from the begining Tim plans to close the tour with interpretive dancing.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 03/24/2003 : 9:12:40 PM
So are the rumors that Tim will bust out the Bagpipes and the Digeridoo at the last show of the tour false then?

Adam
Jay Posted - 03/24/2003 : 3:53:22 PM
well, y'all know how much I LOVE dobro and lapslide guitar. If I saw TR with one, I'm sure I would not only cream my pants, but all of your pa...nts...Nevermind. I heard someone at my school say that TR played banjo with Dave at the first show, so the Dobro claim isn't all THAT far-fetched.
Erich Posted - 03/24/2003 : 11:02:58 AM
you better take my place with the tim solo naming and give us all acurate names. Im tired of Tim Solo (Unknown)
CPPJames Posted - 03/24/2003 : 08:55:48 AM
Fair enough =). I'm heading out shortly for a week long D+T road trip. Hopefully it'll all be worth it. I'll try to post some semblence of a review after each show.
Erich Posted - 03/24/2003 : 01:10:03 AM
one for dave, one for tim. tims guitar never left his hands the entire show.

by the way, youre dealing with a fanbase that went around saying "OMG, i heard tim used the electric on The Stone!!". So take the dobro thing with enough salt to make a cracker jealous.
CPPJames Posted - 03/24/2003 : 12:36:32 AM
Well, the slide is evident to anyone that knows what a slide is. You're saying 2 guitars between both of them?
Erich Posted - 03/23/2003 : 11:15:16 PM
i was at 3 shows, it was 2 guitars and thats it. he used a slide on gig.
CPPJames Posted - 03/23/2003 : 11:07:27 PM
Like I said...no verification that it was dobro, someone just told me that through the grapevine. If I get a full copy of the show, I think it'll be easy enough to tell...if the sound quality is good enough.
Arthen Posted - 03/23/2003 : 9:17:50 PM
I agree. I'm sure it was a slide on his guitar and the person who said dobro didn't know jack from shit.

I look forward to hearing the Everyday songs in a non-annoying form actually. They sound great acoustic, and I definitely believe Tim will help bring them home.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 03/23/2003 : 8:28:19 PM
I'd cream my jeans if I heard Tim playing a dobro on Grace Is Gone. I'll bet he just used the slide though on his Martin acoustic. And I'm sure I'll still cream my jeans if I hear THAT.

I think it's easier to play a 12 string song on a 6 string than it is to play a bari song on a standard. I mean, a 12 string guitar plays pretty much like a 6, the tunings basically the same, the other 6 strings are just an octave higher than the standard 6 for the last 4 strings, and doubled for the first 2. Though some use a double G also on their 12s.

Adam
CPPJames Posted - 03/23/2003 : 3:38:31 PM
Well, with two 6-string guitars, it's pretty simple to get the same sound as a 12-string as it is. There's also traditional, open tuning versions of the baritone songs. I Did It (as much as I'd cringe hearing it T+D) isn't very hard to play with a traditional tuning. Didn't Tim bust out a dobro for Grace is Gone? Someone mentioned that...I have nothing to back it up though.
Erich Posted - 03/23/2003 : 3:02:19 PM
both dave and tim see to only have one guitar on stage with them. But dont hold out on the baritone songs though, since they tanslate 12 string songs (grey street) to 6 string pretty flawlessly.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000