Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 The Flecktones

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
{=HTG=} Posted - 02/23/2003 : 12:39:52 AM
Jesus these guys are amazing live. I was able to catch them friday night, and the venue was no bigger than my local civic center across from my High School. It was such a great place, and the crowd was very respectiful during quiet parts, Bela's solo, etc. The set list was :

next
scratch
* 3/4
blu-bop
vic {solo}
Em guit
---
futch { solo , joined by Bela }
big C
sherpa
Dm 5/4
something she said
moment
bela { bach, and a beatle's tease (all you need is love)
hoedown { Vic teases 'stomping grounds'}

THE BEST PART :
I got autographs from each member after the show. I brought in my 'Left of Cool' cd, and the cool thing was Jeff Coffin signed it right on his forhead on the cd booklet cover. I also got a pic in with Bela, and my bro with Victor. I have yet to get them made, but i'm excited to see how they turn out.

25   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
victorwootenfan Posted - 03/01/2003 : 9:47:25 PM
quote:
Originally posted by pcbTIM

I love his solos on Sinister Minister. Those definitelt kick ass.

That's what got me started listening to wooten, his solo on live art on that song, and then classical thump.
pcbTIM Posted - 03/01/2003 : 7:51:28 PM
I love his solos on Sinister Minister. Those definitelt kick ass.
victorwootenfan Posted - 03/01/2003 : 6:30:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by rhymsesthecat

Bela is amazing but the reason im goin on the 22nd is the see Vic
i loves his amazing grace

His norwiegan wood and nite in tunisia are just as good tho!! Yeah, i'm probably be back for good now, i've had free time with all this snow cancelling school, but they're just hasn't been much going on board. I've been at nancies some debating some music(some of the guys in the not dmb section are actually kinda cool) i think it's mostly the people that talk about dave like they know it all that are jackasses. ah well, i'm back what can i say!
rhymsesthecat Posted - 03/01/2003 : 12:44:39 PM
Bela is amazing but the reason im goin on the 22nd is the see Vic
i loves his amazing grace
PJK Posted - 03/01/2003 : 08:32:28 AM
Hey Matt,

So what did you think of my shenanigans, hummm. Should I shoot myself now or later???? hehehe

Thanks for backing me up over there. That is SCAREY territory!!!!

Hey, how come I have to go over THERE to see you and Patrick, hummm???? I think this board is suffering from some illness because it has been really SLOW lately!!! We need to spice things up! Have any good rumors, eh????? j/k hehe

Seriously I know Tim is not the only one not feeling well. Teri is under the weather too! Get well Teri! Hope you are feeling better today than yesterday!

Looks like I will have to come up with some shenanigans here to spice things up a bit! Come back and post Matt, we need you here!!!!
PLEASE!!!!!(in my most pitiful voice!)
{=HTG=} Posted - 02/28/2003 : 11:37:28 PM
Oh well, this Flaming Moe will do fine now.
victorwootenfan Posted - 02/28/2003 : 11:11:21 PM
Hey Pam! I've been in and out a little, and i thought i'd check in on you and your shenangans(like at nancies in example). I just got tickets for the flecktones in c-ville next month. i'm 6th row upfront on the wooten side of stage! i cannot wait!! last time i saw them i was 4th row in about the middle, but this show i have a feeling wil be a lot better(if possible). March 21st(i think) here i come!
PJK Posted - 02/28/2003 : 10:45:41 PM
HTG is that legal? Not that it seems to matter on e-bay but just wondering. I thought there was a "only for personal viewing- not for selling policy?

April can't come fast enough....oh wait, I still haven't had my taxes done and I am going to owe mega bucks this year so I CAN wait for April, hehe. Hopefully, my taxes will be done and I will have enough cash in the bank to pay the taxes by the TIMe the concert is here! I already received the tickets in the mail!
{=HTG=} Posted - 02/28/2003 : 10:26:42 PM
I've just found out some very, very shitty news. The sole person to tape the recent Atlanta show isnt going to even trade the show at all! Fucking asshole. He's going to sell it on Ebay, and try and make money off of it. Damn bastard. . . .

Evergreen Posted - 02/26/2003 : 04:54:47 AM
Hey, HTG thanx for the info. I'm going to see Bela and the Flecks
in a few weeks. I can't wait!!

I went to Bonnaro last year. It was great and I suggest everyone goif you can. The line up is spectacular this year again. www.bonnaro.com
Tix seem expensive but its camping and 3 days of shows so its really
worth it. Esp. considering seeing one band is so damn expensive lately.

If you do go, get there early because traffic was pretty bad for some folks I met there last yr. One guy I met on the last day spent something like 10 hours in traffic trying to get in. EEK!
Miss Sorrel Posted - 02/24/2003 : 11:31:24 PM
Hey!! Thanks {=HTG=}!!
{=HTG=} Posted - 02/24/2003 : 10:17:19 PM
quote:
I'm quite gullible... so please tell me what the hell you're about... or I could be arrogant as well, and that wasn't directed toward me at all!

Sure. Look under your name, there's a little guitar icon. When you hit 50, you get one, and your status changes to 'try a little harder' When you reach 100, you'll get two guitars, and turn into 'chatterbox.'
Miss Sorrel Posted - 02/24/2003 : 10:05:15 PM
quote:
Originally posted by {=HTG=}

Congrats MS, you got a guitar.

I'm quite gullible... so please tell me what the hell you're about... or I could be arrogant as well, and that wasn't directed toward me at all!
{=HTG=} Posted - 02/24/2003 : 9:49:20 PM
http://members.aol.com/cdickey370/bfft-2002-06-08-Sojourn-of-Arjuna.mp3

Here's a very nice, jammed our version of 'Sojurn of Arjuna.' The neat thing is the Flecktones bust into #41.
{=HTG=} Posted - 02/24/2003 : 9:41:43 PM
quote:
That song "Next" was the best of the new songs IMO.

Oh yes, I couldnt agree more. Each member gets a bitchen little solo to show off there skill. Futerman was going nuts on his solo at the recent ATL show, hitting those drums so hard his stick was cracking apart.
KevinLesko Posted - 02/24/2003 : 9:36:24 PM
Looks like the setlist is almost exactl;y the same that I saw them play in October, so I know exactly how amazin the show is. That song "Next" was the best of the new songs IMO.
{=HTG=} Posted - 02/24/2003 : 7:52:13 PM
Congrats MS, you got a guitar.
Miss Sorrel Posted - 02/24/2003 : 1:29:28 PM
I am thoroughly looking forward to the Bonaroo Festival that Neens was talking about. I read that Nickel Creek won a Grammy last night for best contemporary folk album, which I thought was pretty damn cool. It’s such a great line-up… and it fits so nicely in my summer schedule! Although it’s beyond worth it… tickets seem a wee bit steep right now after shoveling out my entertainment funds on the T+D shows! Ugh... I'll get over it, and boy does Visa love me!

http://www.bonnaroo.com/2003/index.htm
PJK Posted - 02/24/2003 : 07:25:26 AM
Whoa, HTG thanks for all the info and that amazing picture!!!!! I have to wait 5 weeks to see him! Looks like the wait will be worth it for sure!
{=HTG=} Posted - 02/23/2003 : 11:55:56 AM
quote:
How was Vic's solo? Does he still do the looping? That part was so badass!

Classic. And yes there was looping, and some fancy bass work over it. Everybody was standing when it was finished. He even did a cool bass swing in 'a moment so close.'
CPPJames Posted - 02/23/2003 : 11:37:23 AM
Yeah...I REALLY wanna go to that. Too bad I'm already using my vacation for T+D. Oh well, maybe next year if it happens again!
neens1978 Posted - 02/23/2003 : 11:20:05 AM
i believe bela fleck will be playing at the bonaroo festival this summer (which may even deserve its own topic due to the unusual gathering of amazing artists this year)

here is the lineup: (that is if you can make it to tennesee)

The Dead (name change from the Other Ones)
Widespread Panic
James Brown
Allman Brothers Band
Ben Harper & the Inncocent Criminals
Jack Johnson
moe.
Galactic
The Roots
Bela Fleck & the Flecktones
Medeski Martin & Wood
Sonic Youth
Yonder Mountain String Band
Robert Randolph & the Family Band
Nickel Creek
G. Love and Special Sauce
Sound Tribe Sector 9
O.A.R.
North Mississippi Allstars
Warren Haynes
Keller Williams
Garage A Trois
Tortoise
Mix Master Mike
Kid Koala
Z-Trip
Particle
Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra
Smokey & Miho
The New Deal
RJD2
The Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players
Silky The Pimp Posted - 02/23/2003 : 02:01:10 AM
I'm really pissed I missed it... when I asked my buddies if they wanted to go with me there were tickets available. When they finally answered me, there were none. Oh well, next time.
SurferX Posted - 02/23/2003 : 01:18:06 AM
How was Vic's solo? Does he still do the looping? That part was so badass!
{=HTG=} Posted - 02/23/2003 : 12:44:34 AM
Another moment I remembered was during Bela's solo, he put played with his nose, haha. I've only heard about it, and seen the picture : \/ But you have to see it live and hear the crowds reaction, lol. The second he used his nose to hold down a string, the crowd went crazy, but he held up his finger, shook it side to side, and hushed the crowd, and played using his nose as well for a few seconds.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000