Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Fate...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Silky The Pimp Posted - 02/22/2003 : 03:41:01 AM
Are you in control or your life... or is every event in your life set into motion by a predetermined sequence of events? Discuss.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jay Posted - 02/22/2003 : 3:20:08 PM
Not sure guys...I'll post more later when I feel like it...But I just want to say that this is a very interesting topic for me...so I'll have lotsa shit to say!
CPPJames Posted - 02/22/2003 : 12:32:35 PM
Do we REALLY have the power to choose? Maybe we just think we're choosing because of little nerve impulses and emotions that run through our head. Perhaps the world is one big macro that's just running its course. In that case I think I'll go do something fun and stupid.
Evergreen Posted - 02/22/2003 : 09:04:15 AM
I'm inclined to think the way PcbTim explained above. If the course
of our lives and events are predetermined, why do we have the ability to choose? Different choices result in different outcomes, short term and long term.

But then again I believe in fate someTIMes. Like that story about the teenage girl who would sneek food to a teenage boy in a concentration camp during WWII. They didn't know each other at the TIMe and she kept him alive while he was captive. When the war ended he hadn't been gased yet and was set free. He never saw or knew what happened to the girl. He moved to the US and never married. Many many years later he went on a blind date. His date, who had also moved to the US following the war and never married, was the girl who had given him food and saved his life while in the con camp. They lived happily ever after together. True story!
I have to have coffee and ponder this some more.
pcbTIM Posted - 02/22/2003 : 07:42:38 AM
Hmmmmm.....a very interesting topic. Personally, I don't think that there is fate. However, I also tend to think that I only hold this position because I don't want to believe that I have no control over my own actions. After all, if everything is predetermined, why should you do anything? If you weren't meant to go to school and study, then you'll end up dropping out: not because you wanted to, but because it was your destiny. I don't buy that. I have thought in terms of fate before, and when I did, everything around me seemed to slip away. "I am here because I'm supposed to be, not because I choose to be." I never liked that. It sort of immobolizes you and apathy is usually not far behind. It might just be my personality, but whenever I think about fate, it depresses me. I have no control. Although, I may believe in the opposite to simply distract myself from whatever my "calling" would be. So in conclusion, I have no idea. I believe that fate does not exist, but if it does, I don't want to know about it.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000