Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 acoustic amps

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ken Posted - 10/11/2001 : 12:20:54 PM
I need some info on acoustic amps. Which amp do you all think has the overall best sound? Also, what kind of pickups do you recommend for an acoustic? Fishman Thinline??? I am considering buying a Martin D-35 but i am still not sure. One more thing, is the Line 6 DL4 Delay Modeler Pedal (which is $250) worth getting over the Boss DD-5 Digital Delay Pedal($125)? Thanks for your help.

8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
pcbTIM Posted - 01/27/2002 : 03:12:15 AM
You never know...the FBI will tap that too, as the Simpsons showed us.

"You tried your best and you failed miserably...the lesson is: Never Try."
Fluffy Posted - 01/25/2002 : 08:02:04 AM
I hear a paper cup and string work quite nicely, if you are on a budget.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
dirtysloth Posted - 01/24/2002 : 10:11:41 PM
I own an SWR Strawberry Blonde and absolutely love it... http://swrsound.com/pages/products/acseries/strawblonde.html

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
James M. Posted - 01/24/2002 : 9:46:01 PM
hey guitar guy....crate makes a CA125...which is 2 8 inch speakers and 125 watts....ive got one of those and its sweet as anything....got it on ebay for 400...cause 680 is alot of money if u ask me...
james

Evergreen Posted - 01/22/2002 : 09:50:32 AM
Anyone else with more info on this
Thanx

EVERGREEN 143
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 10/13/2001 : 02:02:36 AM
Boss makes the DD-5 Digital Delay, Line 6 (AKA Satan) makes the DL4 Delay Modeler.

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Reese Posted - 10/13/2001 : 01:30:12 AM
i take it boss makes the DL4? am i right? let mae know.

later

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 10/11/2001 : 10:27:51 PM
As far as acoustic amps, I've heard good things about Fender's Acoustisonic series. I own a Crate acoustic amp myself, and I realy like it. It has onboard delay/reverb effects which are cool, and it has a vocal channel as well as guitar channel. I think mine is the biggest acoustic amp crate has out, CA112 I think. In my Gibson Chet Atkins acoustic electric, and my Martin D-15 I have Fishman pickups, and I really like them. I have also heard really good things about them as well.
As far as the DL4 vs. DD5 debate, I've seen it all over. The usual consensus is whatever suits your needs. The DD5 has many different delays, as far as time from 1ms to two full seconds, a two second loop sampler, backwards delay, panning delay, and tap tempo (where you can tap your foot to the beat of a song, and the delay matches the beat; requires the boss FS-5U footswitch, which is another 30 bucks.)
The DL4 does basically all the DD5 does, and more. It has tons of delay modes, including reverse and panning delay, it has a 14 second loop sampler (very cool!), and onboard tap tempo, no need for another footswitch.
So, as far as one versus the other, it depends on your delay needs. If you just want a delay stompbox, go for the DD5, but if you honestly think you'd use all the multiple functions of the DL4, pay a little extra and get that....then get a DD5 down the line.

I own both the DL4 and the DD5, and to be honest, I usually just mess with the DL4 at home, recording and such, and use the DD5 for delay at gigs. I have, however, started taking the DL4 gigging recently as our lead guitarist has been sick, to use the sampler for rhythm parts that I can play lead over.

Using them both together can get pretty badass. As far as using the backwards mode on the DD5, then looping that with the DL4, etc....the possibilites are endless if you have both :) But like I said, if you think you'd use all 250 bucks worth of the DL4, go for that. I also really recommend finding the two pedals somewhere around you at a music shop and playing with both of them before you buy one or the other.

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000