Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 If you're thinking about living in Burlington VT..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Evergreen Posted - 02/17/2003 : 07:32:55 AM
http://www.hazecam.net/burlington.html
This is the view you'll see everyday. It's a live cam that
changes every 15 minutes. Its intention is to show air quality in the city which is kinda funny because we never have air quality bad enough to visualize. They have archived pics of what they call polluted haze and its clearly fog and clouds over the lake not smog!!The cam looks west over lake champlain towards the adirondack mountains which you can see on clear days. Its best viewed at sunset, but the early mornings are awesome too.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LizT Posted - 02/27/2003 : 9:06:58 PM
Brenda... I hope I can take a vacation with my new job. orientation is 6 to 9 months. I think they will cut me off early because of my experience. I love the new job in the operating room! Funny how nurses are so versatile!!!
Evergreen Posted - 02/27/2003 : 06:13:11 AM
Better hurry Liz. I might not be here as long as I thought previously!
I got word of some huge eliminations of jobs in the health dept. The new governor is wiping us out. Everyone keeps telling me it will be upper management, which I am not, but at this point I don't trust any of it. Interesting since we already work short staffed and have had 3 nursing positions open for months. Drastic program changes have already happened since the election. Many programs are getting slashed. Most of my directives come from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the governor could never overrule them, but he can slash my pay. In that case I'd move from Vermont.
Interesting since recently, after much rumination, and other job offers in other states, I had decided to stay!
LizT Posted - 02/26/2003 : 8:06:41 PM
Hey Brenda I hope to make it there someTIMe. It would great to see you and Baba! And we can't forget about finding some rollercoasters!
Evergreen Posted - 02/26/2003 : 04:33:04 AM
Miss Sorrell, I bet we've seen each other in 3 Needs and didn't know
it heehee. Thats a great place, and definitely a regular hangout. Have you ever eaten at the place next door to 3 Needs called Stone Soup? Best place in town for vegetarian fare!! I also know some great trails for the bike I'll show you. And some great places to swim in rivers rolling off the back of mountains if you come in the summer.

Miss Sorrel Posted - 02/22/2003 : 4:07:48 PM
Evergreen, I think that would be great. Burlington is a place with so many different nooks (note, I said “nooks” and not “nukes” after the whole Mac&Cheese incident) and crannies’, so getting different local’s opinions on where to go and what to do is wonderful. I feel like every TIMe I go there, I find a “new favorite” store or biking trail (in the summer that is!), or something of that nature. I typically go during my spring break… but unless some random act of God, or kindness, brings me a plane ticket it looks like the summer TIMe will be the next TIMe I get to go to 3 Needs… what a great bar!
Fluffy Posted - 02/18/2003 : 3:37:35 PM
Great to see you back Evergreen!!! I can't see the flying monkeys though. DOAH!! As I have always said, Burlington VT, Humboldt CO California, or Santa Fe NM, the most beautiful places to consider moving to that I have discovered.
Evergreen Posted - 02/18/2003 : 10:01:49 AM
It is beautiful here! I've almost moved 2-3 times last year.
I had job offers in a couple other places and I just couldn't
do it.
Miss Sorrel, get a hold of me if you decide to visit, we can get together.
Miss Sorrel Posted - 02/17/2003 : 1:34:25 PM
What a neat site! I absolutely love Burlington, and try to make at least two visits a year, which is pretty easy since my sister lives there. It's a definite consideration for future living... especially if my sister and her husband have a little one any TIMe soon... no pressure though... nope, no pressure.

Despite the fact that it's what, 0 degrees out there... seeing this view of the beautiful Lake Champlain is inspiring me to take a trip up there pronto....

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000