Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 7 Deadly Sins & T&D Tix

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 02/13/2003 : 8:38:30 PM
This is from another thread in another forum. As I rarely read the topics about tix and tix problems, I figured alot of other folks may avoid them as well, but I thought this was worthy of sharing with all so I am reposting it here for everyone to enjoy.

CPPJames wrote:
quote:
Understand, yes...blame, yes. It's unfortunate that someone that doesn't want to go can buy tickets and become a middle man to someone who really wanted to go in the first place. Granted, this ties into what makes America great (capitalism, et al), but it does also demonstrate one of the 7 deadly sins.

Erich answered:
quote:
yeah, MURDER. *death*

Fluffy commented:
quote:
HEHE, I think he was talking about GREED HEHE

I don't remember murder being 1 of the 7 Deadly Sins.

Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.

Envy is the desire for others' traits, status, abilities, or situation.

Gluttony is an inordinate desire to consume more than that which one requires.

Lust is an inordinate craving for the pleasures of the body.

Anger is manifested in the individual who spurns love and opts instead for fury. It is also known as Wrath.

Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain, ignoring the realm of the spiritual. It is also called Avarice or Covetousness.

Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.

http://deadlysins.com/sins/index.htm

And it looks to me like this situation actually brings in Greed and
Gluttony on the part of the scalper, leading to Anger on the part of ticket purchaser based on their Lust to see the show and their Envy of those with tickets. So it looks to me like using this example we have covered 5 of the 7 deadly sins. Although in this situation I will cover the other 2, Pride and Sloth. I am too fucking lazy to try and acquire tix and Pride keeps me from paying those prices. So now we have managed to work all 7 into the equation. Murder is in the commandments. So we are even bringing in them now. Lets see how many of those we can break with this situation:

ONE: 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'

Hopefully, noone thinks Dave is GOD, so we can hopefully rule #1 out.

TWO: 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'

I am sure someone will try and make phony or bootleg tix, so 2 will probably come into play.

THREE: 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'

So don't say GODDAMMIT, when you hear the price folks want for tix.

FOUR: 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'

Unless of course the T&D concert is on a Sunday, then you might have a problem.

FIVE: 'Honor your father and your mother.'

Cause they may be the ones buying your tix for you.

SIX: 'You shall not murder.'

Unless you are sure you can get away with it, and the person you are murdering has T&D tix in his possession that he is trying to sell for an ridiculous amount of money.

SEVEN: 'You shall not commit adultery.'

Hey, it's a concert, there will be alcohol, can we really hope to keep this in check? What if he/she is really cute. You are on your own for this one.

EIGHT: 'You shall not steal.'

Unless it's tix from the scalper!!(GRAB & RUN! FAST!!!)

NINE: 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'

Unless a little white lie will get you tix, then it is OK!! Example: Calling the FBI to report your neighbor(with T&D tix) as a terrorist, and when they are arrested, casually commenting as they are dragging them away kicking and screaming, "I guess you won't be going to the T&D concert, can I have your tix?"

TEN: 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'

Unless of course it T&D tix!!!!! I see no mention of T&D tix in #10. It does say "nor anything that is your neighbors", but we all know those T&D tix your neighbor has are REALLY YOUR tix and they were just holding them for you.

Let the T&D Tour fiasco turn you into the evilest person on the planet. Who can break the most of the commandments AND 7 deadly sins to acquire his/her tix? Good luck sinning to everyone!!!

Are T&D tix really worth your immortal soul?

I am afraid alot would unfortunately say YES!!!

All from:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3216
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Miss Sorrel Posted - 02/15/2003 : 04:01:07 AM
I can't sleep... so i figured, instead of laying in bed thinking about bills, all the things I said to people that I wish I hadn't, or the meaning of life, that I would come on here to read old threads in hopes that they would eventually put me to sleep... However, now I am pondering whether or not God is do understanding that he'd forgive a person for killing a scalper who was trying to sell Tim and Dave tickets at a ridculous price... Back to counting sheep
CPPJames Posted - 02/14/2003 : 1:53:07 PM
LOL, I think this does deserve its own thread, hehe. And whoever came up with "Sloth" is pretty cool in my opinion.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000