Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Ah those crazy ass saints're roonin' it.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jay Posted - 02/12/2003 : 3:37:34 PM
So, Joan of Arc, considered by many to be sent by GOD himself to free part of France form England, is part of the most hypocritical situtation I've ever seen. I'm just using her as an example. OK, so here goes. She's a saint, acording to the Christian church...because she was sen t by GOD to break one of his COMMANDMENTS...what's wrong with this picture? This prooves she was a QUACK, as any person sent by God would not be sent to KILL...so...why the hell is she considered God's servant? If you've ever seen the 1960's movie...it makes her look like some kind of spectacular woaman, but she was nuts! So why in all blue fuck do I have to learn about her as some amazing woman if she was crazy? Ah history. Luckily my history teacher, Troup, is an awesome guy who tells it like it is. That's one reason why I like him so much. See, too many history teachers teach what's in the books, and, as we all know, history books lie like crazy. So, my complaint here is this: If the government forces us to learn history ( A VERY good idea, though!) why do they allow books to write lies and twists of the truth? This is my theory...Whoever is running these schools today WANTS people to be the same...in this case, a well rounded Christian who strives for nothing but to be like everyone else. It's a load of steaming crap, if you ask me.
So, back to the Joan of Arc thing...Look at our leaders, who pretty much ahve all claimed to be religous men...Some have started wars...Now, wait a minute. Devoted Christians starting wars? What part of "Thou shalt not kill" don't you understand? I'm starting to wonder WHY anyone would want us all to believe in this stupid crap. Just goes to show you why I'm not Christian. Now, I'm not saying that NO ONE should be Christian, if you are, that's absoluely fine with me, but if you are...By God's laws you cannot support killing. So, taking into consideration that 48% of the world IS Christian, why is there so much hate and war?

Done.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jay Posted - 02/12/2003 : 7:44:06 PM
Yeah I know, but the fact that she is condiered a saint by many is totally rediculous, as she was a nutcase.
victorwootenfan Posted - 02/12/2003 : 5:09:30 PM
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

You feel bad learning about Joan of Arc, I was majorly bummed when my kids learned facts about the nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki that were never offered to me when I was learning about it in school!

My grandfather was in WW2 and i just found out doing a history project that he was there right after the bombs were dropped, and he had the saddest look i've ever seen in his eyes.his quote was "miles and miles of absolutely nothing..."
It's interesting too, my grandfather has been against just about every war in the past 25 years, and he is a veteran of war at the same time.

Anyway going back to the joan of arc thing, notice that it's people that put up "saints" not god. Nowhere in the bible does in say we're supposed to have these "saints" that we honor and almost worship. it's almost idolatry in my opinion, but whatever...
PJK Posted - 02/12/2003 : 4:22:40 PM
Ah, Jay you ask an impossible question. What is truth and whose truth is real???? Truth is theoretical in and of itself. Truth is opinion, some based on fact, some not. It is all about perseption! How someone perceives a concept or idea.

You feel bad learning about Joan of Arc, I was majorly bummed when my kids learned facts about the nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki that were never offered to me when I was learning about it in school! Most of the information about that was kept secret and only released to the public about 8 years ago! The history I learned about WW2 in school was totally wrong on a lot of issues!!! That is why learning is an on going process and why I still like to read about history.

Why learn it at all??? Because the basics are based on fact and gives a general source of knowledge, but what you are doing, questioning what you are taught is the next step. Everyone should question what they are taught!

I too, never understood why so many places in the world where there is major fighting ie: Ireland, the middle east, etc are supposed to be religious countries that believe in god and peace. Why they claim to be religious and fight each other is beyond me. I think because the theory behind most religions is pure but people are not perfect and as soon as people get involved all the purity is lost.

Since much of the history you learn in school is not from primary sources it is extremely distorted.

So I wrote all this and still I know I didn't help you with your question because I don't know the answer to "Why!"

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000