Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Concert review thread

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Erich Posted - 02/08/2003 : 04:43:11 AM
few concert reviews im going to give here, and maybe put more in later. feel free to add one if you want.

So James Brown was fucking amazing, though expensive. the story beforehand was that ticketmaster fucked up my order and sent the ticket to 22nd street instead of 222nd street. So i got a lost ticket voucher after shitting myself waiting for a 90$ ticket that never came. But i got let in really easily and was at the STAGE waiting for a few hours for JB to show up. Now what surprised me were the handfuls of people that ogt there way before i did yet imeadiatly went to the diner type seats off to the side of the night club to get served instead of getting up to the stage. Oh well for them, since it gave me the room to get up there. the guy behind me in line was an accountant i think and was there with his yuppie friends, went right to the tables and sat down way off view from the stage. ah well.

So as for the show, it kicked ass. He played for 90 minutes and didnt stop. there were at least 20 people on the stage. 3 percussion, 2 bass, 2 guitar, 4 horns, the anouncer, the bitter sweets (4 female backups), a male singer, another singer who was a special guest that someone said was JB's wife, and 2 FUCKING HOT dancers. I was so close that I got to touch JB's hand, and the other male singer was standing literaly right over me. He did a lot of old songs and such, Cold Sweat, The Big Payback, Sex Machine, I Feel Good... when he wasnt singing he was still on stage playing keyboards, like durring Respect when one of the bitter sweets was singing. All in all a phenominal show. 69 and still going strong, Id see him again real quick.. provided i had the cash. I pretty much paid a dollar a minute for the 90 minute set. In his own words... yyyyyyeeeeeeeeeooooow!!!

and on Wed. night i saw the Pretenders. that was a good show, they put on a solid set... but i didnt really enjoy it as much. they played the songs i wanted to hear (Mystery Achievment, Dont Get Me Wrong, Precious, Brass In Pocket, I'll Stand By You...) but I was so far up in nosebleeds that the head in front of me sitting down still blocked the stage from my view. It was hot and i was tired too, so it just didnt work. the opening act however fuckin ROCKED. If you guys get a chance, check out the All Mighty Senators. funk rock and soul, they really kicked ass. but thats all i have to say bout that show...

Im going to see Aimee Mann on sunday, and thats it for the shows for now. maybe more later (hopefuly d+t tomorrow morning)
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PJK Posted - 02/11/2003 : 06:32:48 AM
As always, awesome pictures Erich! Many thanks for sharing!!!!
Erich Posted - 02/11/2003 : 03:15:14 AM
Aimee Man was AMAZING. Front, dead center. More on her later, here are two pictures i took for now:

PJK Posted - 02/08/2003 : 07:03:52 AM
Thanks Erich, nice review! Glad you had a great TIMe seeing JB. I was going to see the Pretenders but something came up and I didn't.I don't have much going concert wise until March. I'm seeing the Marsalis's and maybe Sonny Rollings. Hopefully TIM and Dave. I will be on line trying (impossibly so I am afraid) to get tickets to the show in NYC. If I get 2 then hopefully Teri will come east for the concert! Good luck to you Erich. Hope you get some. Hope we both do!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000