Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Speaking of PEACE.......

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 02/07/2003 : 06:37:32 AM
Not that I would ask you to do anything against your moral convictions, but I would ask that you at least check out this page and see if you agree and care to sign the petition. I was given this specific link by Tim & Diane and they were hoping that some of you may want to show your support. Please at least check it out and then figure out where your conscience leads you.

www.votetoimpeach.org

sponsered by Former U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark

Keep in mind, this does not mean to impeach the president, it is just a means of temporarily stopping his power to declare war. Please read the info provided before you write it off to help you understand.
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sciphish Posted - 03/21/2007 : 12:59:12 PM
While looking through this thread I wondered 'How many votes it would take to actually "work."

But then I thought that even if 50% of the voters signed it, it would still be struck down by whatever the Administration saw fit.

At this point I think as Americans we need to realize that "we" got ourselves into this mess. And even blaming Bush doesn't mean anything, He is doing what he feels is right and doing what he probably planned on. But WE as Americans voted him in (I didn't), that's how our Nation works. Maybe now we are more wise. I mean it doesn't seem that anyone with power is looking to pay attention. How is it possible that many/most politicians have not done there job, which is to serve the constituents. I think it's our fault (on many levels), not many can say they have done enough. I know I haven't, but the feeling I have (and maybe others) is that with quagmire we are in, there isn't any air to speak or be heard. And one thing I have noticed is that Politicians have lost the right of free speech, or so it seems

But really what it comes down to, is society has been fixated on money. That is all the credibility you need to have. I, on the other hand, have no credibility because I have no money. I feel I have more sense and intelligence about Americans and the nation, and yet I'm a musician.

Education. With the way schools are run today, even the teachers and professors need education. And this is the scariest part to me, because that means we may be tarnished like this for quite some TIMe.
PJK Posted - 03/21/2007 : 06:50:05 AM

Even Aliens from outer space want peace:
http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?pmmsid=1871763
Fluffy Posted - 03/20/2007 : 12:47:42 PM
Impeachment: I'm asking you. Do you think it's time?

Dear Friends,

Today is the fourth anniversary of the war in Iraq. We know it was wrong to go into this war and it's wrong to stay in.

For four years I have been working to end this war, including leading the effort to cut off continued funding for the war. There is enough money to bring our troops home and we should do that.

But the Bush administration, with the help of some in Congress, wants to pour more money into this war.

Worse than that, the Bush administration now is signaling its intention to wage war with Iran. We cannot allow that to happen.

So I'm asking you. Do you think it's time?

I'm talking about time for impeachment.

I ask because we are now have a condition in this country where we are told to take impeachment off the table, and keep on the table a U.S. military attack against Iran.

This situation calls for us to reconsider very deeply the moment that we're in – where our Constitution is being trashed, where international law is being violated, where our hopes and dreams for the education of our children, for the health of our people, for housing, for our veterans, are being set aside as we go deeper and deeper into war.

We need a whole discussion in America. And with your help, we're about to have one.

Please go to my website, and watch the video posted today, "Impeachment: I'm asking you. Do you think it's time?" ... http://kucinich.us/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?q=196759&u=310

You may find the printed transcript of this video at ... http://kucinich.us/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?q=196759&u=311

Or you can see this video on my YouTube site, at ... http://kucinich.us/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?q=196759&u=312

Once you've watched or read this statement, please send me your comments. Over this past weekend there were thousands of demonstrations against this war being waged by the President with the consent of Congress. This must stop.

Then talk to your friends, family, and neighbors. Get them together for a house party to discuss this war, and our options to stop it. Click here for information on a house party kit.

Please join with me on this day by signaling your continued support for ending this war. Your voice is important.

And so is your contribution. We need your help to carry our message forward. Our goal is to raise $50 million for this campaign, $50 at a time from one million concerned Americans: http://kucinich.us/modules/civicrm/extern/url.php?q=196759&u=314;id=1

Be One of a Million. Please contribute today to show your support for ending this war.

Thank you,

Dennis J Kucinich

neens1978 Posted - 02/22/2003 : 8:48:48 PM
another site for those interested...a "virtual" protest in washington...

www.moveon.org/winwithoutwar/
tericee Posted - 02/21/2003 : 6:52:02 PM
All we need for the postcard thing is an APO address... If we have that we can make sure they get enough post cards to make up for their lack of e-mail.

I'm glad you liked the CATO article. I think Doug Bandow is amazing. If I move to DC I'll have to look him up.

GRock might be interested in looking into Doug's work since he's written some very interesting stuff on Christianity and Politics.

Beyond Good Intentions: A Biblical View of Politics
Fluffy Posted - 02/21/2003 : 6:30:46 PM
WOW!! Teri, I had missed the Cato story you posted on earlier readings of this thread. Thanx for the story, it's a good one. I also found out that we have a former 9:30 Club employee in the middle east as well. So prayers go out for Nate and Austin and hopefully they will not find themselves in harms way anymore than they already are by being there. As for Nate's addy, I will ask Mason when I talk to him next about that, but Nate tells me that emails to him are hard as their computers are under full lock down for security reasons. I am sure you understand and can relate to this as you have so many problems at work with your computer accessing certain sites and info. I will see what I can do about finding out some contact info.
tericee Posted - 02/19/2003 : 9:18:23 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

I found out last nite that one of our past board members is actually deployed in the Middle East right now. He is in the Air Force.

Is there any chance we can get his address? There is a web site that sends actual physical postcards you create on-line for free to overseas military addresses. The address is
http://www.amazingmail.com/php/cardsfromhome.php3?grid=3f0772e10c15af3d

You can upload your own photos too, so we could send pictures from the shows he went to with Mason.
tericee Posted - 02/18/2003 : 8:29:54 PM
Why hasn't Saddam killed us all?
February 18, 2003

WASHINGTON - We all should be dead. At least, we all should be dead if the administration is correct about Saddam Hussein. It believes there is nothing today that prevents a weak and isolated Iraq from striking the United States, the world's dominant power. Recently, before the U.N. Security Council, Secretary of State Colin Powell proved what we all already knew: Saddam Hussein has worked to develop weapons of mass destruction.

But would Baghdad really use such weapons when doing so would risk its own survival?

Powell suggested that the pragmatic secular dictator has made common cause with the suicidal religious fanatic. Alas, even the pro-war Economist magazine pronounced it "the weakest part of the case for war."

The administration points to Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, whom it links to al-Qaeda and who received medical treatment in Baghdad. The Ansar al-Islam group is said to include al-Qaeda soldiers and have established a poisons training camp.

It's not clear how much credence to give to information gleaned from American captives, however. They could hope to win favor with their interrogators or provoke another conflict with America.

Moreover, al-Zarqawi's ties to al-Qaeda are thin - it is not a rigid organization with a well-defined membership. German intelligence says al-Zarqawi's al-Tawhid organization is more like an affiliate, and one focused on the Palestinians (and Jordan), not the United States. An American intelligence analyst argues that al-Zarqawi "is outside bin Laden's circle. He is not sworn al-Qaeda."

The alleged link to Baghdad is especially threadbare: al-Zarqawi has worked more closely with Iran, also visited Lebanon and Syria, and been aided by a member of the royal family of Qatar. One German intelligence officer told The New York Times: "As of yet we have seen no indication of a direct link between (al) Zarqawi and Baghdad."

Nor is there solid evidence that either Saddam or Osama bin Laden supports Ansar al-Islam. In fact, the Israeli newspaper Ha'aretz reports that the group is tied to Iran.

Ansar al-Islam asserts a desire to overthrow Saddam to impose an Islamic theocracy and is operating in territory no longer under Baghdad's control because of America's "no-fly zone" policy. As for the alleged poisons lab, even many Kurds say that they haven't heard of it.

Although the allegations are dubious, the administration has brought enormous pressure to bear on intelligence agencies to prove them. Yet the CIA and FBI remain skeptical.

Of Secretary Powell's claims, one intelligence official told The New York Times: "We just don't think it's there."

The Blair government has done little better. A recent British intelligence report concludes that "any fledgling relationship foundered due to mistrust and incompatible ideology."

Alleged connections between Baghdad and al-Qaeda must be viewed as inherently suspect.

"They are natural enemies," observes Daniel Benjamin, a former National Security Council staff member.

The biggest problem with the theory, however, is the fact that we are still alive. If there was a link, we all, or at least a lot of us, should be dead.

Last October, the president declared that Iraq could attack America or its allies "on any given day" with chemical or biological weapons. But Saddam has not attacked. Or, explained President Bush: "Iraq could decide on any given day to provide biological or chemical weapons to a terrorist group." But Saddam has not done so.

Apparently Saddam wants to stay alive. He understands that an attack, direct or indirect, would trigger overwhelming, annihilating retaliation.

However much he hates America, he doesn't want to die. As CIA Director Tenet put it last October: Iraq "for now appears to be drawing a line short of conducting terrorist attacks with conventional or chemical or biological weapons."

Alas, the administration is pursuing the one course that will eliminate this deterrence. Attack Iraq, and Saddam has no incentive not to strike and then hand off any remaining weapons to terrorists.

Notes Tenet: Facing defeat, Saddam "probably would become much less constrained in adopting terrorist actions." Indeed, he might see helping Islamists use such weapons against the United States as "his last chance to exact vengeance by taking a large number of victims with him."

Saddam wouldn't even have to give an order. As Benjamin explains, "In the fog of war, much of this material would rapidly be 'privatized' - liberated by colonels, security service operatives and soon-to-be unemployed scientists."

The best evidence that Iraq can be deterred is that we are alive today. Unfortunately, seeking to oust Saddam removes any leverage to prevent him from conducting the sort of attack that the administration claims to most fear. Attacking Iraq will make more, and more dangerous, terrorist attacks more likely.

Doug Bandow is a senior fellow at the Cato Institute, a TownHall.com member group.

©2003 Copley News Service

GRock Posted - 02/18/2003 : 5:17:46 PM
Of course, Buch is un-phased by the protests. All they are are protests. He doesn't want a war. but what options have we left him with? We all want a safe america where things like 9-11 don't happen. well, we have people out there who want to nuke us. and the president has to do something about it.

So we are walking around with a bunch of signs. We got naked women on hills. But we don't have any sugestion of what to do. Should we let the iraqi people just die? surely we'd stick up for the mexicans if they were in such a state. Is it cuz they are half way around the world that we have no compassion or desire to help the opressed. should we let saddam and kim jong develop nuclear weapens and launch missiles at us and blow up our friends and countrymen and then do something about those crazies. they've killed enough of their own for us to know that something needs to be done.

I refuse to let this world be run by totalitarian madmen.

i have yet to hear any alternatives to the war. no one has any idea what to do except for the suggestion to do nothing. that is not an option. not if we want a peaceful world. saddam has to go for the sake of the iraqi's and the middle east. Bush is in a really tough position.

when people like saddam and kim jong are out of power and rational people are running the governments of the world we will see peace. and i hope there is a peaceful way to those ends but no one has come up with anything yet.
Fluffy Posted - 02/18/2003 : 3:30:42 PM
Grock commented:
quote:
if anyone can think of any ideas, or any alternatives, i am sure the president would want to be the first to know.
Unfortunately, I am not so sure Gov. Bush would listen, as he seems to have no concern for the "what the people want", the people who "supposedly" elected him. Here are HIS OWN words:

WAR PROTESTS WON'T DETER BUSH
by Ron Fournier c.AssPress

WASHINGTON (Feb. 18) - President Bush declared on Tuesday that he wouldn't be deterred by global protests against war with Iraq, saying ``I respectfully disagree'' with those who doubt that Saddam Hussein is a threat to peace.

He said such a war remains a final resort, but ``the risk of doing nothing is even a worse option as far as I'm concerned.''

Amid heavy opposition at the United Nations and protests around the world, the Bush administration faced a decision whether to push ahead with Britain for a new Security Council resolution to support war to disarm Iraq.

Senior Bush advisers are considering whether it was worth risking defeat in the council and how to phrase a new resolution in a bid for support, a U.S. official told The Associated Press.

Bush said that the size of the protests against a possible U.S.-led war against Iraq was irrelevant.

``Size of protest, it's like deciding, 'Well I'm going to decide policy based up on a focus group.' The role of a leader is to decide policy based upon the security - in this case - security of the people.''

Millions of people around the world took to the streets over the weekend to protest such a war.

``Democracy is a beautiful thing,'' Bush said, adding that ``people are allowed to express their opinion.''

``Some in the world don't view Saddam Hussein as a risk to peace,'' he added. ``I respectfully disagree.''

Bush said that Saddam Hussein continued to pose a very real threat to Americans and to the world - a message he pressed in a phone call on Monday to Crown Prince Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, a key ally in the region who has questioned the need for military action in Iraq.

The president expressed confidence that the United States would come up with an acceptable aid package for Turkey, a close U.S. ally in the region who will play a vital role if there is military action against Baghdad.

Bush said Turkey has ``no better friend than the American government'' and that Washington and Ankara were still working out details of an aid package.

The U.S. military plans to use bases in Turkey both for aircraft and for ground forces in the event of an attack on Turkey's neighbor to the south.

Bush indicated that he was running out of patience. Asked if he planned to set an ultimatum for Saddam's compliance, Bush suggested that would be pointless, like extending ``another, another, another last chance.''

``He knows my feelings, and that is, he needs to disarm - completely and totally disarm. He's a fellow that likes to buy time and buy it through deception and delay.''

The global anti-war protests have put the White House on the defensive. Presidential spokesman Ari Fleischer began his daily briefing by reading newspaper clips about demonstrations against the staging of missiles in Germany in the early 1980s, and said, ``This is not the first time there have been mass protests and in a previous instance America stood on principle ... and as a result the Berlin Wall came down.''

He also told reporters that former President Franklin Roosevelt overcame protests from isolationists to lead American into World War II.

``Often the message of protesters is contradicted by history,'' he said.

Next weekend, Bush will meet with a European supporter, Prime Minister Jose Maria Aznar of Spain, at the president's ranch in Texas.

02/18/03 13:28 EST

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press.
GRock Posted - 02/17/2003 : 11:15:30 AM
I am against any war that is not in self defense. I know the iraqi people don't want saddam in power and they really have no way to topple the tyrannical regime. so what are the iraqis to do. i really don't want america to have to get involved but we are the only ones that can make a difference. surely france wouldn't help anybody else in the world.

Bush is a great president. but he is in a really tough spot. if he does nothing in iraq, more people will be killed by saddam than may die as casualties. and iraq, given enough time, will deteonate a WMD in israel if he doesn't manage to smuggle one into europe or america first. saddam has to go. and no other country will stand up. america is forced into keeping the order because The soviets are powerless now that communism has been proven to be the worst government ever and the pussywillow french always want to surrender. (in a french accent)"yes, drive your tanks into our cities, we love you and your swastikas..." the rest of the EU has no real voice and all just agree with whoever talks the loudest. china won't even handle korea who is their neighbor, not ours. shoot the entire world is saying that we should be fighting that war. i don't want to have to fight any wars. i don't think we should.

i mean what should we do? peace doesn't happen by just not fighting. peace is harder than war. i just wish we could brain storm and find a way to free the iraqis and not have to fight saddam. this isn't a war about oil. iraq produces less than 6% of the worlds oil. we will lose a lot more money fighting this war and all the military expenses than we will gain in oil prices from a free iraq. it should be noted that the 2 countries most opposed to this war (france/germany) both have multibillion dollar oil for food deals with iraq. a war would temporarily end this cheap oil source for these two. maybe it is all about the oil.

lets stop complaining about a war and lets find the alternatives. what good is a bunch of naked women on a hill (except for the obvious guys...). and what is walking around with signs gonna do. let's get involved. so how can we help these people? what are our other options?

i still hold out hope and i pray that maybe, just maybe, saddam will go freely into exile and this war can be avoided. and hopefully we won't have to deal with a nuclear missile coming from Korea (which in my estimation will probably happen before this year is out). if anyone can think of any ideas, or any alternatives, i am sure the president would want to be the first to know. (but you can always share your thoughts here and then go to the president if you want... hehe)
Fluffy Posted - 02/17/2003 : 12:58:13 AM
Hadn't heard about that one, thanx for the heads up.

http://www.abc.net.au/northcoast/stories/s780236.htm

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0208-06.htm

And especially:

http://www.baringwitness.org/photos.htm
PJK Posted - 02/15/2003 : 08:38:09 AM
Fluffy I am surprised you didn't mention the women in Australia who got naked and then formed some sort of anti war slogan on a hill. There must have been hundreds of them!

As for Nate, my prayers are with him and his family. I do think the anti war prostest can still stop this from happening. I am praying for the UN to keep putting the pressure on for more TIMe for inspectors.

Where does it end? Even if all goes as Bush plans in Iraq, then where? India? Pakistan? North Korea? We don't even have a buget to pay for a war in Iraq, does he plan to go head to head with every country in the world with mass destruction capability??????
Fluffy Posted - 02/15/2003 : 05:11:43 AM
Tonite at 9:30 Club was Fighting Gravity, Kyle Davis Band, Georgia Avenue(whom I talked about elsewhere on the board)and Junior. Junior has been touring with Fighting Gravity for the last few weeks and they are from Australia. They were really good. 2 acoustic guitars and a singer who plays tambourine. Great harmony vocals and wonderful duel acoustic guitars. Check them out if you get the chance. Anyway, they joined Fighting Gravity onstage for a few songs, one of which was a cover of Midnight Oil's "Beds are Burning". They dedicated it to the peace movement and mentioned that they were excited to see about the demonstation in their homeland. So of course I rushed home to see what they were talking about. Here is the story I found:

AS WAR LOOMS, PROTESTERS MARCH
by Ray Lilley c.AssPress

WELLINGTON, New Zealand (Feb. 15) - Tens of thousands of New Zealanders demonstrated against a war in Iraq Saturday, kicking off anti-war rallies planned around the world this weekend.

Activists in Britain - the key U.S. ally in the effort to disarm Iraq - prepared for a rally in London's Hyde Park on Saturday that organizers hoped would draw 500,000 people.

War opponents also planned a protest of up to 100,000 people Saturday near the United Nations in New York. Police were planning extensive security that included snipers and radiation detectors.

New Zealanders chanted slogans like ``One, two, three, four, we don't want your bloody war!'' Over Auckland harbor, a plane trailed a huge banner reading ``No War - Peace Now,'' at the international sailing competition.

The New Zealand antiwar protesters flew a peace banner at the America's Cup.

On Friday, at least 150,000 people packed the streets of Melbourne, Australia, on Friday to protest any war on Iraq, to which Australia has already committed 2,000 troops.

An estimated 6,000 people joined a protest march Friday night in Tokyo, and a similar number marched to the U.S. Embassy in the Philippine capital, Manila. About 500 people demonstrated peacefully in Sarajevo, Bosnia.

The three main organizers of London's march - the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, the Stop the War Coalition and the Muslim Association of Britain - predicted it would outstrip the anti-war march last autumn in which 400,000 people took part.

``It's going to be a fantastic day, with blue sky,'' said Andrew Burgin of the Stop the War Coalition as he helped erect the stage and two large screens in Hyde Park. Organizers hoped to have a satellite link with fellow protesters in Europe.

About 70 singers, including performers from the shows ``Les Miserables,'' ``Chicago,'' ``Rent,'' ``The Lion King'' and ``Taboo,'' took to the stage Friday at the Criterion Theatre in central London to sing ``Seasons Of Love,'' from ``Rent.''

Poetry readings and speeches were planned Friday night.

Hundreds of thousands of people are expected at protests around the world.

A march in Glasgow, Scotland, was to converge on a Labor Party conference in time for Prime Minister Tony Blair's speech.

The anti-war demonstration has not only irked the British government but also Iraqi opposition groups who hope to unseat Saddam.

Ahmed Agha Chalabi, human rights coordinator of the opposition Iraqi National Congress in London, accused protesters of aiming to prolong ``the life of Saddam and extending the misery of the Iraqi people.'' He said only war would end Saddam's repression.

``We all have families in Iraq. If anyone is killed it won't be a cousin or relative of a demonstrator, but ours,'' said Chalabi.

Myers, a 20-year member of the anti-nuclear campaign, said it was the first time the group had marched against a Labor Party government.

``I never thought that leaders of Germany and France would be speaking for the people of Britain,'' Myers said.

Blair has been President Bush's strongest supporter in his threats to go to war with Iraq if Saddam Hussein does not get rid of his weapons of mass destruction. A British government spokesman said Friday the way to prevent war was for Saddam to cooperate with U.N. inspectors.

02/14/03 23:04 EST

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press.

PRAY FOR PEACE! Fluffy

www.votetoimpeach.org

www.votenowar.org

www.nion.us
Fluffy Posted - 02/14/2003 : 4:43:44 PM
I found out last nite that one of our past board members is actually deployed in the Middle East right now. He is in the Air Force. We hung out a bit during the NW section of a tour. He is a friend of Mason's and came to a bunch of shows with him. His name is Nate. I think we should pray for him that no harm comes to him or ANYONE in that part of the world, or anyone in ANY part of the world for that matter. Nate understands his duties as a soldier, but informs me that he is against the war on Iraq as well. Unfortunately for him, he is in the awkward position of having to be there and do as ordered even though he doesn't agree. It is a tuff position to be in. I respect his commitment to his COMMITMENT, while not being afraid to voice his opposition. It reminds me of a quote:

The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war.

Gen Douglas MacArthur

Some more quotes worth pondering:

Peace rules the day, where reason rules the mind.
      - Wilkie (William) Collins, Eclogue II--Hassan (l. 68)

Would you end war?
  Create great Peace.
      - James Oppenheim, War and Laughter, 1914, And After (IV)

The pioneers of a warless world are the [youth] who refuse military service.
      - Albert Einstein

Nothing can bring you peace but yourself. Nothing can bring you peace but the triumph of principles.
      - Ralph Waldo Emerson, Essays--Of Self-Reliance

Let us have peace.
      - Ulysses Simpson Grant, on accepting the U.S. presidential nomination

Peace at any price.
  [Fr., Paix a tout prix.]
      - Alphonse De Lamartine,
        as quoted by A.H. Clough in "Letters and Remains" (ed. 1865)

Peace is much more precious than a piece of land.
      - Anwar al-Sadat, in a speech in Cairo

The example of America must be the example not merely of peace because it will not fight, but of peace because peace is the healing and elevating influence of the world, and strife is not. There is such a thing as a man being too proud to fight. There is such a think as a nation being so right that it does not need to convince others by force that it is right.
      - Thomas Woodrow Wilson, Address in Convention Hall, Philadelphia

If peace cannot be maintained with honor, it is no longer peace.
      - Lord John Russell (1), Speech at Greenoch

People are always expecting to get peace in heaven; but you know whatever peace they get there will be ready-made. Whatever making of peace they can be blest for, must be on the earth here.
      - John Ruskin, The Eagle's Nest (lecture IX)

Peace will come soon and come to stay, and so come as to be worth keeping in all future time. It will then have been proved that among free men there can be no successful appeal from the ballot to the bullet, and that they who take such appeal are sure to lose their cases and pay the cost.
      - Abraham Lincoln,
        quoted by E.J. Young "The Lesson of the Hour", in "Magazine of History", no. 43

Peace hath her victories,
  No less renowned than war.
      - John Milton, Sonnet--To the Lord General Cromwell

We should provide in peace what we need in war.
      - Syrus (Publilius Syrus), Maxims

A peace is of the nature of a conquest,
  For then both parties nobly are subdued,
    And neither party loser.
      - William Shakespeare, King Henry the Fourth, Part II
         (Scroop, Archbishop of York at IV, ii)

In the arts of peace Man is a bungler.
      - George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

PRAY FOR PEACE! Fluffy

www.votetoimpeach.org

www.votenowar.org

www.nion.us
SpaceMonkey Posted - 02/10/2003 : 02:59:43 AM
Can't go without some Dylan...Masters of War.
Fluffy Posted - 02/10/2003 : 02:55:15 AM
Can't remember for sure. It was Lyricist Lounge nite, so a bunch of rap acts were playing. Alot were added at the last minute.

As for songs for your list:

Simon & Garfunkel Bridge over Troubled Water
John Lennon Imagine
Neil Young After the Gold Rush
Elvis Costello What's So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
(although it has been covered by many people)
Billy Bragg Price of Oil
KevinLesko Posted - 02/09/2003 : 2:13:02 PM
quote:
One of the bands at 9:30 Club tonite started a "Fuck Bush" chant

Which band? Do you remember? I've been wanting to put together a playlist of songs that are anti-war/pre-peace to play next time I get aq chance to guest DJ on my college radio station.
dick mountjoy Posted - 02/09/2003 : 11:02:31 AM
Seriously my head feels like its gonna explode when I think about the Bush administration and it's complete disregard for the consensus of the American (and World) population. Petition signed.
SpaceMonkey Posted - 02/09/2003 : 10:55:16 AM
Not In Our Name: A Statement of Conscience Against War and Repression

http://www.nion.us
Fluffy Posted - 02/08/2003 : 11:20:03 PM
One of the bands at 9:30 Club tonite started a "Fuck Bush" chant and I had their singer announce the www.votetoimpeach.org web addy. Hopefully we will continue to spread the word and "STOP THE MADNESS"!!
KevinLesko Posted - 02/08/2003 : 01:16:26 AM
Thank You for posting these Fluffy, I will check them out tonight and contribute any way that I can. I've been trying to post as much information as I can lately as well because I feel that getting the word out there is beneficial, so I appreciate you doing the same.
Saint Jude Posted - 02/08/2003 : 01:12:40 AM
opinion voiced.
PJK Posted - 02/07/2003 : 11:56:59 PM
TTT because this IS important!
victorwootenfan Posted - 02/07/2003 : 11:44:38 AM
I'm on it like a fat man on a hotdog!
SpaceMonkey Posted - 02/07/2003 : 10:09:17 AM
Thanks Fluffy! Keep'em coming!
Fluffy Posted - 02/07/2003 : 06:42:34 AM
http://www.votenowar.org/

When Congress Rejects the Will of the People,
The People Must Act Themselves!
No one will stop this war but the people.

The U.S. Congress failed to listen to the overwhelming number of people who expressed their opposition to a war on Iraq in a massive outpouring of calls, e-mails and faxes to their elected officials.

We believe that it is unconscionable to send young people in the U.S. armed forces into combat in an illegal war that serves only the interests of Big Oil.

Instead of spending $200 billion of taxpayers' money on another war in the Middle East, the funds should be used to create jobs and finance education, housing, heathcare and other vital human needs.

We join with the millions who want to take action to prevent a senseless war that is likely to lead to the deaths of tens of thousands of innocent people in Iraq. This path of the Bush Administration can only lead to an escalation of violence that endangers people everywhere.

The Congress votes for war. We Vote No War.

http://www.votenowar.org/

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000