Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Seattle show reviews...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ccrobinson Posted - 10/09/2001 : 03:41:52 AM
Well I thought I would post first. I wasnt the only person hoping for Dave tonight. It seemed like everone was talking about hearing on the radio that Dave was opening for Tim...He was actually across town at the Baltic room...not sure if he joined Maktub as planned but thats where he was...

Anyway enough Dave..I know...
So due to the rumors the place sold out in the last few mins as the tiny club hit capacity of 200. Tim came out and hadnt made it about 30 seconds before he put his finger to his lips indicating quiet, and the crowd from that point was great!
For the first hour or so people hardly make a peep till the end of the song...as a taper that was much appreciated!!!!
Everyone was friendly, but very young do to the all ages...
Sorry I cant tell you all what he played, Im not good with song titles with anyone I tape, so I rely on you all to fill in the gaps...
Tim played mostly on his 6 string acoustic, than his 12...only played the red electric once i think, and the SG 2 times.
The show was about 90 mins with a Jewel look/soundalike opener who had another 40...
He set the fuzz and left the stage, than encored with one acoustic, and one SG tune that rocked out...
Thats my contribution, anyone who has an extra for tommorrow I will give copies of both shows plus ticket price!!...
Please do not contact me offlist, but if someone wants me to upload the show, or if someone wants to run a tree, leave a message here, and I will contact you soon....

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 10/13/2001 : 07:18:54 AM
Jewel look/sound alike. Her name was Elise Coakley. I do not agree with this comparison, but that is her name if you would like to investigate further for yourself.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
ryan28 Posted - 10/12/2001 : 5:43:26 PM

You've got mail.

quote:

I taped the Seattle shows as well. Was running my mics on Tim's mic stand. Sounds quite nice. We also pulled a SBD. I'd be interested to see what the other tapes sound like and be glad to get these out if there is interest. Peace...Mel

just chillin Posted - 10/12/2001 : 3:27:29 PM
I taped the Seattle shows as well. Was running my mics on Tim's mic stand. Sounds quite nice. We also pulled a SBD. I'd be interested to see what the other tapes sound like and be glad to get these out if there is interest. Peace...Mel

GuitarGuy305 Posted - 10/12/2001 : 01:46:48 AM
Wait, wait wait a second.......Jewel look/sound a like???? Who was this?

Sorry....I'm a bit obsessed with Jewel. Hehe

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
gddenny Posted - 10/10/2001 : 11:59:08 PM
Dave did not show up to either show ... it was kind of sad that so many people left on Tuesday night after the first few songs. The show picked up BIG TIME about halfway in ... he was playing some amazing stuff. The crowd sucked ass that night too, they were being way too loud.

Just my two cents ...

gddenny@hotmail.com
AIM: AirCarve
http://www.bootleglists.com/lists/carver/index.html
ryan28 Posted - 10/10/2001 : 6:35:43 PM
I'd be willing to set up a tree for this show. E-mail me and we can work out the details.

Ryan
ryan_mikkelson@yahoo.com

mullet19 Posted - 10/10/2001 : 5:00:03 PM
Do you know if Dave showed up for the 10/10 Crocidile show?
quote:

Well I thought I would post first. I wasnt the only person hoping for Dave tonight. It seemed like everone was talking about hearing on the radio that Dave was opening for Tim...He was actually across town at the Baltic room...not sure if he joined Maktub as planned but thats where he was...

Anyway enough Dave..I know...
So due to the rumors the place sold out in the last few mins as the tiny club hit capacity of 200. Tim came out and hadnt made it about 30 seconds before he put his finger to his lips indicating quiet, and the crowd from that point was great!
For the first hour or so people hardly make a peep till the end of the song...as a taper that was much appreciated!!!!
Everyone was friendly, but very young do to the all ages...
Sorry I cant tell you all what he played, Im not good with song titles with anyone I tape, so I rely on you all to fill in the gaps...
Tim played mostly on his 6 string acoustic, than his 12...only played the red electric once i think, and the SG 2 times.
The show was about 90 mins with a Jewel look/soundalike opener who had another 40...
He set the fuzz and left the stage, than encored with one acoustic, and one SG tune that rocked out...
Thats my contribution, anyone who has an extra for tommorrow I will give copies of both shows plus ticket price!!...
Please do not contact me offlist, but if someone wants me to upload the show, or if someone wants to run a tree, leave a message here, and I will contact you soon....

gddenny Posted - 10/10/2001 : 3:05:37 PM
Hey,

Is there any way to get copies of both shows from Seattle? I was at both, and I enjoyed hearing him live again. I checked him out in SF about 3 years ago, and he's just amazing.

I'd be up for a trade or a b&p, either way.

Let me know,

Greg
gddenny@hotmail.com

gddenny@hotmail.com
AIM: AirCarve
http://www.bootleglists.com/lists/carver/index.html
jbwilke25 Posted - 10/09/2001 : 6:50:32 PM
I have one extra ticket for this evening's show at the crocodile in seattle. please contact me at jbwilke25@hotmail.com. I will check it up until I leave tonight.
jbwilke25 Posted - 10/09/2001 : 6:50:24 PM
I have one extra ticket for this evening's show at the crocodile in seattle. please contact me at jbwilke25@hotmail.com. I will check it up until I leave tonight.
zachula Posted - 10/09/2001 : 2:13:32 PM
That would be really cool if you could let dirtysloth put the show up on his ftp site. It would be much appreciated.

dirtysloth Posted - 10/09/2001 : 06:53:11 AM
I don't have upload capabilities yet, but I would definitely be glad to help spread the music somehow, whether by putting it on my ftp or setting up a tree. If you could send it to me that'd be great. I'm sure there's something on my list that you might like to have in return.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000