Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 ebay seller selling bootleg

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
__________ Posted - 01/21/2003 : 5:40:53 PM
i don't think this is legal since it is a live show. take a look i don't know what to do about it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2501578709&category=33002

39   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 01/23/2003 : 11:20:08 PM
I am still going to email the seller and have him send TR Productions a copy. FOR FREE!!
tericee Posted - 01/23/2003 : 11:17:10 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

I don't know, but I don't recognize the name, Geof Louis, so I am guessing no, but dirtysloth posted earlier that he contacted all the bidders, but I don't think geoflouis was a bidder at that point. Maybe we should email him and make sure he is aware of the situation and doesn't pay for the tape in question.

I think he knows; I just thought we might be able to lure him over here so he can B&P his new video with Erich and co.
Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/23/2003 : 10:02:22 PM
Not me... but my middle name is Louis... making me a JEFF Louis. Kinda wierd.
Fluffy Posted - 01/23/2003 : 9:06:46 PM
I don't know, but I don't recognize the name, Geof Louis, so I am guessing no, but dirtysloth posted earlier that he contacted all the bidders, but I don't think geoflouis was a bidder at that point. Maybe we should email him and make sure he is aware of the situation and doesn't pay for the tape in question.
tericee Posted - 01/23/2003 : 9:01:03 PM
Does anyone know if "geofflouis" from ebay is a member of our little community?
Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/23/2003 : 5:31:26 PM
It's good that the seller was so cool about it.

James... your quote reminds me of another by William James:
"There are three kinds of people in this world... those who can count and those who can't."
__________ Posted - 01/23/2003 : 4:20:40 PM
seller:
quote:
ive contacted the highest bidder and explained to them that i shouldnt be seeling this and jepeoradizing the taping policy of tim, and will be trading this tape with them for another. im sorry about this, if you too are interested in trading, please let me know.

seller agian:
quote:
hey, im very sorry about all of this. i didnt mean to sell this and risk tims amazing open taping policy. i just got a really good copy of a great show, one of the best i have ever seen in my life, and wanted to try and share it. i have contacted the highest bidder and explianed to them that i cannot sell the item, and i hope i didnt screw things up too much. i would really like to try and get this uploaded onto tims ftp site so anyone can get it. sorry about all of this.
justin
PJK Posted - 01/23/2003 : 3:30:57 PM
Well if it was sold, the seller only got $10.50 for it!
CPPJames Posted - 01/23/2003 : 1:16:36 PM
LOL, yeah...geek by day, guitar player by night =). I do web programming for a living, so you pick up little geek phrases here and there. I fell in love with that phrase a while ago. Has more of an effect on programming message boards =).

James
tericee Posted - 01/23/2003 : 1:11:37 PM
CPPJames, you are a geek! I love your binary sig!
CPPJames Posted - 01/23/2003 : 09:54:10 AM
Hey Fluffy...if you look at the pictures you took out back in the alley behind the Twilight, the girl that was videotaping was in the group one. Tim signed the back of her shirt. Her drunk friend had made it to the car by that point =). I think there were three girls in that picture...the blonde was my girlfriend, the thin framed girl was some other girl I don't know and the average sized girl was the taper. I agree that the quality of the tape, if it is indeed her, would be pretty miserable. She was definitely not taping the entire show.

James
Jay Posted - 01/23/2003 : 09:29:38 AM
Yeah, turns out he's a nice guy, jsut made a little mistake. I told him to come on over here if he wants to, not sure if he will (he might be frightened.) But he does seem like a nice guy...
Fluffy Posted - 01/23/2003 : 05:23:34 AM
KEWL!!!!
Erich Posted - 01/23/2003 : 04:57:05 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

TR Task Force in effect!

Fluffy Posted - 01/23/2003 : 04:34:23 AM
As to the other questions, I posted the setlist to the 11-22 Tampa show in another post:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3016

It doesn't match up at all. And the picture on the ebay page is definitely not from that nite. I checked the photos I took and TR was wearing a black t-shirt at the Tampa show. Although the photo looks suspiciously familiar, could it be one of my shots from the photos page? Does anyone recognize it? I will be anxious to see what show the video is actually of. It could be the Tampa show and they just copied the set list off of ChaosView CD or it might not even be the Tampa show. Who knows, we will just have to wait and see. I have not established whether the gentleman selling the video shot it or if he acquired a copy from somewhere. Although his signature indicates that it is a guy and not a girl, but he could have acquired it from the aforementioned girls someone said they saw videotaping. I do recall seeing a few people videoing that nite but from my view, none of them were taping the entire show, just bits and pieces so I didn't really pursue trying to acquire a copy. I seem to recall seeing the same girls when I went up front to take pics but they didn't seem to be doing such a hot job of videoing so I didn't worry about getting a copy of it. I am curious to see exactly what this video is of and how good it is if it was actually shot at the Tampa show. I scoped out a few shooters that night and will probably be able to tell who shot it from where it is shot from, unless of course I missed someone. It was a big place.
Fluffy Posted - 01/23/2003 : 04:10:09 AM
I heard back from the seller and he has notified the high bidder of the impropriety and is not going to sell it. He has humbly apologized and stated that he was mistaken for putting it up on ebay. I will contact him and see if I can get him to send a copy of the video to me.

Hey Kev, I was thinking the same thing about bidding real high and then not paying if I didn't hear back from the email I sent, but I did so I guess it is a moot point. Thanx for staying on top of it folks! TR Task Force in effect!
Erich Posted - 01/23/2003 : 01:27:14 AM
Kevin - you bring up a point that at first i thought i was seeing things on. I still want to see what the video is...
KevinLesko Posted - 01/23/2003 : 01:19:13 AM
was that really the set for that night? because it is the exact same as the chaos view cd... kinda fishy. Anyways, I'll probably just make a ridiculously high bid on it, and not pay so that it doesnt get sold.

Erich Posted - 01/23/2003 : 12:03:30 AM
are you getting a copy of this fluffy? or is this seemingly the only place its turned up?
Fluffy Posted - 01/22/2003 : 7:13:39 PM
I am not sure of that myself. But it looks like a great place for a Flaming Moe!!! Maybe I will hear back from my email to them. Maybe they don't know how to take down an auction.
tericee Posted - 01/22/2003 : 5:57:24 PM
quote:
Originally posted by dirtysloth

I heard back from the seller. They say they didn't know it was illegal and they just wanted to get it out there. They also said they explained their mistake to the bidders. I told them about prsmartin's FTP and offered to trade, so hopefully we'll get this show circulating the right way.

Why is it still listed then? I'm so confused.
PJK Posted - 01/22/2003 : 3:25:51 PM
Hey Fluffy good to hear from you again....just wish this wasn't the topic that had to bring you back on board. Did that come off right???Damn I hate when people try to bootleg! How's that?
Fluffy Posted - 01/22/2003 : 3:22:43 PM
My email to them may have had something to do with their change of heart. Thanx to everyone for taking up the TR Task Force badge on this and emailing. I am sure all the emails helped them to see the errors of their ways. I am still waiting to hear back from them. I will see if I can get them to send a copy of the video when and if I hear back. Thanx again for all the support!!!
CPPJames Posted - 01/22/2003 : 2:53:43 PM
A bootlegger with a conscience...something new everyday! Glad to hear that they appear to be taking the moral high ground.

James
dirtysloth Posted - 01/22/2003 : 2:41:30 PM
I heard back from the seller. They say they didn't know it was illegal and they just wanted to get it out there. They also said they explained their mistake to the bidders. I told them about prsmartin's FTP and offered to trade, so hopefully we'll get this show circulating the right way.
CPPJames Posted - 01/22/2003 : 12:00:27 PM
Glad to hear that taping is encouraged. I just might do that next time I get to see Tim live. Here's to hoping for a bigger tour soon!
dirtysloth Posted - 01/22/2003 : 11:48:08 AM
Yeah, taping encouraged, but not selling.... http://www.timreynolds.com/taping_policy/

quote:
Also, there is a very outside chance she ( or whoever) doesn't know it isn't legal or ethical to sell a tape like that.

They claim to know the taping policy in the listing, and even if they misunderstood that, eBay told her that copying tapes, unless she owned the rights, was against their policy in the process of her putting up the listing, or something like that.
CPPJames Posted - 01/22/2003 : 09:36:19 AM
Yeah, I thought twice about it after I posted it. I've since removed it. Her first name was Laura though, if that's alright to post. What exactly is Tim's taping policy as far as video is concerned? Is it cool to videotape it as long as you don't sell it, or is that completely taboo?

Thanks!
James
Dickey500 Posted - 01/22/2003 : 12:14:40 AM
Yeah, you never know, she may have made a copy for a friend who is being the dick. I, too, would suggest removal of the # ASAP. Defamation of character is ALSO illegal.
PJK Posted - 01/22/2003 : 12:01:44 AM
Yeah, probably not cool to post a phone number, especially if you really aren't 100% sure it was her, although it sure sounds like it was. Also, there is a very outside chance she ( or whoever) doesn't know it isn't legal or ethical to sell a tape like that. I am just trying to give whoever the benefit of the doubt....just because she was drunk and acting like an ass doesn't mean she really is one.....damn it's hard try to find good in some people! Ok she or whoever is selling the tape is an ass, but I still wouldn't post a phone number. Just my opinion though.
CPPJames Posted - 01/21/2003 : 11:43:32 PM
Not sure if this is cool or not, but considering how small the crowd was, and how certain I am it was her...here's her phone number. I think it's a cell <removed>. My girlfriend got it when she was being cool before the show. If it's not cool to post a phone number, I'll delete this post. I'm just trying to help Tim out, ya know? I don't think it's cool at all to be selling bootleg videos. I believe the phone number corresponds to the seller's city on ebay. In any event, maybe that can help track down the bitch who's selling TIM's video. It wouldn't be high quality anyway. Hope this helps!

James
Erich Posted - 01/21/2003 : 9:44:00 PM
dumb bitch. Ugh.
CPPJames Posted - 01/21/2003 : 9:39:22 PM
Come to think of it...the intoxicated one claimed my girlfriend knocked her drink over so (being the sweetheart that I am), I offered to buy her another one (and did). No more than 2 minutes later I turned around and heard her laughing about how she screwed me out of a drink. If she were male, my reaction would have been different =).

James
CPPJames Posted - 01/21/2003 : 6:58:51 PM
I was at the Twilight show in Tampa. If the video is shot from down and to Tim's left, I guarantee you I know who it is. There were two girls taping the show, one of which was incredibly intoxicated. I didn't know if that was ok or not at the time...I didn't think much of it. It was blatent enough that I figured someone would mention it if it was a problem. They never mentioned they had intentions of selling it.

James
dirtysloth Posted - 01/21/2003 : 6:16:41 PM
I contacted the bidders and eBay and told them it was an illegal bootleg, with a copy of the REAL taping policy. Ebay probably won't take it down before it ends though, and that probably won't stop the selling even if they did, but hey, it's a step.

Maybe it's not that big a deal, this is the first bootleg of Tim I can remember seeing, but just for the sake of information maybe Fluffy should look at this... http://pages.ebay.com/help/community/vero-program.html
Erich Posted - 01/21/2003 : 6:14:22 PM
great, i'll post and email you back after i go eat
PJK Posted - 01/21/2003 : 6:10:25 PM
It pisses me off too. The thing is this guy isn't going to make a huge amount of money on this. What some people do for a buck! It's pathetic!

Hey Erich How was the concert Sunday????
Erich Posted - 01/21/2003 : 6:03:02 PM
im pissed for the reason that yes, its an illegal bootleg being sold, but I didnt even know tampa was taped vhs. so the shows not circulating. Im tempted to let it get purchased and send a free copy to all the people that bid.

thats such a fucking shame that shows end up spread like this.
PJK Posted - 01/21/2003 : 5:49:40 PM
Posting this was the first step. Let me see who I can contact.

I emailed Fluffy and Lisa????? I don't know the answer to your question if it is legal...I would suspect it isn't.

Anyone else know?????

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000