Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 UMPlatteville Show

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Saint Jude Posted - 10/08/2001 : 11:03:42 AM
I am going to tape the upcomming plattevile show, and i dont even know how the layout of the place is. If anyone sees this who has been there before, and knows some good places to set up, please let me know.

This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to - TOOL
31   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Isaac Posted - 10/29/2001 : 11:49:39 AM
I think you should just talk to whoever's at the sound board, hopefully they won't be complete fools who don't know that taping is allowed.

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Saint Jude Posted - 10/29/2001 : 11:43:34 AM
Werd, i should be gettin there sometime round 7 30 or 8 ... so i will grab the back, and hopefully get the sound board feed. Do you think i should talk to fluf or someone about that or what? Doubt u will respond to this in time but anyway. See you there man.

Isaac Posted - 10/29/2001 : 10:12:55 AM
Jude,

Aight man I should be rolling into platville around 6:30 so I should be there right when the doors open at 8:00 to get the sweet spot with the camera. I'm hoping I can find an outlet to possition myself by because i'm not sure if I have enogh battery power to get the whole show. Ah well fuck i'm excited, c-ya tonight man!

Isaac

"And when King Alexander saw the breadth of his domain he wept for there were no more worlds to conquer"
Saint Jude Posted - 10/28/2001 : 3:50:18 PM
ITS TOMORROW!!!!!!!! FUCK YEAH!

Saint Jude Posted - 10/23/2001 : 6:51:42 PM
Yeah i will get the wide shot. i do have the cables for getting sound, so that is no problem. Yeah we can figure out all that shiz after the show. Who would i talk to in order to get sound access. Do you know, or Fulffy if you read this do you know.

Peace.

Isaac Posted - 10/23/2001 : 1:49:39 PM
Hey Jude,

I'm gonna try and get there good and early so i'll get the best spot possible for taping his pedal work and getting close-ups of his fingers. I assume that means when you show up your going to set up a tripod or somethign back by the soudn board and get wide shots? Are you going to have the necessary cables to plug directly into the sound board?

As for splicing them together, no i'm not very proficient in such things. If nothing else i'm sure i'm going to want to exchange tapes with you (then we can both have both copies), so maybe one of us could B&P a copy of each to someone else on this board whose got skills and could splice them together and make one good mpeg for distribution. Or else maybe you could capture them and ftp them to someone with mad video editing skills on this board.

We can worry about all that after the fact though. For now we should be concentrating on making sure we got everything we need to get a good recording.

Isaac

Saint Jude Posted - 10/23/2001 : 11:53:12 AM
The day is getting closer. And everything seems to be in great order. So we should now co-ordinate where we are going to tape and what exactly. I highly doubt that i will be able to be there early, so perhaps you (Isaac) should get the close up of his hands/pedal work. And i can get the general shot. We could in theory, make a master vid w/ a mix of both, i have a decent vid program on my computer that i could posably splice the both into, i can easily make one of just mine or your tape, but mixing will probably suck ass and take me forever. Do you have a vid editing program on your comp Issac. And if so do you think u could mix the two together. I could make a great mpeg copy if i was still back in high school.... but i am not.... i knew i should have flunked last year. But if you could make a good master vid i will send u my tape, i probably will trade w/ u anyway so. And are u going to get the sound off the board? I saw you asking about that, if u can do so, it will probably sound alot better. Se let me know. And fluf i will make sure u get your copy too. Just let me know where to send it and it will be on its way.

Peace out.

Isaac Posted - 10/23/2001 : 09:11:23 AM
Rochee,

Well if you ever see a chubby kid in a bright red "polka fever" jacket playing on yer' tables, thats me.

Isaac

Fluffy Posted - 10/23/2001 : 03:26:01 AM
The only permission you need to tape is mine and the venues and it sounds like you have that. See ya there.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
rochee Posted - 10/22/2001 : 5:18:45 PM
Isaac, intersting. I am the Assistant Residence Hall Director in Wells East. I am responsible for those very pool tables you play on. Small world. Later

dermody Posted - 10/22/2001 : 1:11:41 PM
Hello Everyone,

Many seats open for the Platteville show. If you want outstanding seats in an outstanding venue, call 608-342-1298 for tickets. I don't understand my campus. I only need 10% of it to sell the show out and it's not going to happen. People wouldn't show up to see frickin' Led Zeppelin if it was free. I am embarassed at the ticket sales so far. I have exhausted my promo options--all area schools in IA,IL, WI have received info as well. Come on all you Iowans Illinoisans and Wisconinites, support this amazing college concert!

Thanks to everyone who has helped out along the way .
Isaac Posted - 10/22/2001 : 09:18:58 AM
Rochee,

Naw I just hung out in Whitewater a bunch when I was in high school, I'm a Sophmore at Herzing College in Madison, not even old enough to frequent bars. I do play pool in Wells hall occaisionally.

Isaac

rochee Posted - 10/21/2001 : 7:41:31 PM
I am a graduate student at Good Ole UW-W. I am originally from Lake Geneva. I frequent the Downstairs and the Brass Rail..... I would love to skip out but will be out of town that day. So anyone going to Rockford?? Did you reserve tickets at will call at the Theater??Isacc, are you a Warhawk Alum??

kramer73 Posted - 10/21/2001 : 02:28:54 AM
I'm in Madison....I'd go but I don't have a ride :(

Saint Jude Posted - 10/12/2001 : 12:10:37 AM
Yeah skip out damn it... im skipping a class that is only for my major to see mr. tim... so you should to damn it.

Isaac Posted - 10/11/2001 : 08:48:40 AM
Hey Rochee,

I'm from Fort Atkinson originally, i used to go hang out in whitewater all the time when i was younger. What year are you? Anyway you should go to both shows, skip some classes and come see Tim in Plattville too.

Isaac

rochee Posted - 10/10/2001 : 7:17:29 PM
I am checkin' out the show in Rockford. I am at the University of Wisconsin Whitewater, less than an hour from Rockford Illinois. I know folks here would be interested in the show on the 30th at Times theater. Would be happy to put up some info and posters if needed.

rochee Posted - 10/10/2001 : 7:16:22 PM
I am checkin' out the show in Rockford. I am at the University of Wisconsin Whitewater, less than an hour from Rockford Illinois. I know folks here would be interested in the show on the 30th at Times theater. Would be happy to put up some info and posters if needed.

rochee Posted - 10/10/2001 : 7:16:15 PM

dermody Posted - 10/10/2001 : 5:09:31 PM
Thanks for the address Isaac. I put posters up in all the music shops on State Street two weeks ago. I will send out the posters soon...

Isaac Posted - 10/10/2001 : 2:12:12 PM
Isaac Knoflicek
914 N. Oak St #4
Madison, WI 53704

Now no one else on this board better mail me a bomb

Isaac

Isaac

Saint Jude Posted - 10/10/2001 : 11:39:01 AM
Awsome... looks like this will all work out good. I will not be able to get to the show early so i suppose Isaac you will get the sound to run into your camera if u can get that, so i will just set up in the back somewhere and get the wide shot and u can get the pedal work and shiz. So talk to u latter all.

dermody Posted - 10/10/2001 : 09:45:29 AM
Hey Isaac,

I do have some posters I can send you. Give me an address to send them to and I'll get them right out.

Isaac Posted - 10/10/2001 : 09:19:27 AM
Patrick,

If you had any posters left over that you could send me i'd be glad to put them up on bulletin boards downtown. Otherwise I'll keep spreading the word as best i can.

Isaac

Isaac Posted - 10/10/2001 : 09:14:36 AM
Jeeze were gonna have to get like a 10 pack of tapes just to satisfy you vultures!

Do you need to get approval from more people then just Fluffy or is taping for sure okay now?

Thanks for your help all!

Isaac

Fluffy Posted - 10/09/2001 : 7:01:19 PM
Fluffy here, Video is OK with us. We just ask that you send us a copy of any recordings you make. You can get with me at the show and I can give you the address to send them to. All audio, video, and photography is OK with us. You can check out our taping policy at TimReynolds.com for more info.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
dermody Posted - 10/09/2001 : 5:25:06 PM
Hey Isaac,

According to the contract I received, I need permission before we can video tape. If it's ok by everyone, I'd say it would be best to put the tripod in the back by the soundboard area and just let it run. I would of course ask for a copy if this was ok by Fluffy and the gang.

And yes there are 300+ seats left at our 565 seat venue. Do you live in Madison? We need some pull from that area...I KNOW there are some Dave/Tim enthusiasts out there who would love to see a Tim Reynolds show. Thanks for supporting this show!

Isaac Posted - 10/09/2001 : 4:17:35 PM
Hey Pat,

Is that 300+ tickets left? How many does the Venue hold total? Anyway will be alowed to set up tripods/stand off to the side or something for our video cameras?

Any information you could get us on the layout would be awesome, I hate the telephone Thanks for taking the time to come on here and talk to us.

Isaac

dermody Posted - 10/09/2001 : 1:02:21 PM
HI guys sorry I haven't checked this board in a while. If you call the box office at 608-342-1298 they can tell you where the soundboard is relative to your seats. Otherwise hold on and I will try to get something for you.

TELL PEOPLE about this show, its the ONLY Wisconsin show. I have 300+tickets to sell.

Thanks

Isaac Posted - 10/09/2001 : 12:23:25 PM
Besides you and me i'm pretty sure no one else on this board is from Wisconsin Jude. We're just gonna have to figure shit out when we get there.

Isaac

Saint Jude Posted - 10/09/2001 : 12:14:15 AM
Come on u people reading this shit... Post and answer...

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000