Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Coffee = crack substitute

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dickey500 Posted - 01/17/2003 : 10:03:26 PM
OK, random thread with no real direction (kinda like the milk duds one)...

I just brewed a pot of coffee with 3X the necessary amount of tablespoons (yes, I have no money and am therefore VERY bored)...it's now two cups later and I've been wandering around the house looking for things to do. And to think, I've had the stuff in my cupboard for months.

Anyone else get crazy shaky with too much caffeine?
40   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LizT Posted - 01/27/2003 : 01:28:27 AM
quote:
Originally posted by Dickey500

well, I'm starting off with peds - then hopefully onto a peds cardiology fellowship. Keep them fingers crossed for me.

Good luck to you! My son had to go to Childrens Hospital in DC for testing, he had some pretty serious SVT. Oddly enough, it has resolved on it's own. The docs were great there.
Fluffy Posted - 01/23/2003 : 8:55:24 PM
Evergreen said:
quote:
Charles M. Schulz's invention,Charlie Brown says it all the TIMe.

This is true, Peanuts came long before Arrgh!, but I still think Chas may have gotten it from pirate movies even before that. I doubt the pirates pillaged it from Peanuts.

Strangely, I cannot find anything on the derivation of Arrgh, but I did discover that it is called an attitudinal or emotional indicator, along with a bunch of other nonsensical words you will not find in the dictionary. For more info on this, see this link:

http://www.lojban.org/publications/reference_grammar/chapter13.html

LINK OF IMPORT CONCERNING THE ORIGINAL TOPIC COFFEE=CRACK:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2033
victorwootenfan Posted - 01/23/2003 : 7:59:13 PM
i figured calvin and hobbes use that a lot...
Evergreen Posted - 01/23/2003 : 6:11:57 PM
quote:
OK, question: Has anyone ever made a sound, when mad, that could be written as "arrrgh"? Yeah, me neither...who the hell invented that w

quote:
My naive guess would be a COMIC BOOK writer.

Charles M. Schulz's invention,Charlie Brown says it all the TIMe.
Fluffy Posted - 01/23/2003 : 5:36:16 PM
Actually the comic book ARRGH came out in 1974, but I am sure I heard it in pirate movies long before that. I bet it grew out of the pirate usage Arrgh, me bucko!!! Where's the Capt when you need him.

Interesting question by the way!!
Fluffy Posted - 01/23/2003 : 5:29:01 PM
My naive guess would be a COMIC BOOK writer.
Dickey500 Posted - 01/23/2003 : 5:20:38 PM
OK, question: Has anyone ever made a sound, when mad, that could be written as "arrrgh"? Yeah, me neither...who the hell invented that word?
Jay Posted - 01/23/2003 : 12:15:07 PM
arrrgh!
victorwootenfan Posted - 01/23/2003 : 12:06:55 PM
Jay lay off the POT.....of coffee!
Fluffy Posted - 01/23/2003 : 05:45:31 AM
quotes from Jay:
quote:
I'm a caffiene addict, among other things.
JAY, LAY OFF THE CAFFEINE!!
quote:
...but I'm jsut really fucked up.

JAY, LAY OFF THE WEED!!!
quote:
I love a hyper doctor.

JAY, LAY OFF THE HYPER DOCTOR!!!

An interesting thread and discussion on this very subject:

{=HTG=} Posted - 01/22/2003 : 7:52:53 PM
Ah....that was a well needed caffeine fix. Now! On to homework!
Fluffy Posted - 01/22/2003 : 7:48:18 PM
An interesting thread and discussion on this very subject:

{=HTG=} Posted - 01/22/2003 : 7:35:49 PM
Yep, i'm currently making a pot, then adding a little 'international delight,' french vanilla.

..... I’m a hopeless caffeine addict .....
SpaceMonkey Posted - 01/22/2003 : 5:47:33 PM
Caffine is my drug of choice these days...working as a pizza delivery person requires that extra "UMPH" to stay awake over the course of a full day at work. I like to have a cup first thing as I come in the door and another one right before the dinner rush...along with an insanely strong cup of espresso, thus ensuring maximum alertness.
Dickey500 Posted - 01/22/2003 : 4:31:54 PM
well, I'm starting off with peds - then hopefully onto a peds cardiology fellowship. Keep them fingers crossed for me.
LizT Posted - 01/22/2003 : 3:57:02 PM
I live in Delaware and work at the local hospital here. So what kind of doctoring are you going to do? The docs are going to miss me when I go to the OR, but I can still bug them when they have OR cases, LOL!
Dickey500 Posted - 01/21/2003 : 6:17:39 PM
I'm from Hightstown, NJ...I'm in philly for school though. I actually did a mess of my 3rd year rotations at Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch...which hospital are you at?
LizT Posted - 01/20/2003 : 9:04:03 PM
Oh, by the way I didn't get through night shift for many years without coffee.
LizT Posted - 01/20/2003 : 9:02:33 PM
Hey Dickey500 good luck. I'm a nurse for too long, LOL! You must learn to listen to the nurses, we are your eyes and ears..... Take it from an old nurse, we can make you or break you! Hee hee, just kidding.... I'm from Jersey too. Where are you from? I grew up in Ocean County. I've been a labor and delivery nurse for 14 years and I'm ready for a change. I go to the OR next month. Can't wait!
victorwootenfan Posted - 01/20/2003 : 3:51:17 PM
Man that frap concoction sounds delishes...god damn it i knew the 20th was coming up, but as always i am too late. i've got about 30 some 21st posts though!
{=HTG=} Posted - 01/20/2003 : 2:16:06 PM
Flaming Moe anyone!?
PJK Posted - 01/20/2003 : 1:18:57 PM
Oh wow, frappucino with chocolate icecream I will have to remember that one.....mega calories but probably worth it, hehe.

I just drank a whole pot of coffee myself and funny thing is I don't feel hyper at all! I don't think caffine does it for me any more!
Dickey500 Posted - 01/20/2003 : 12:25:50 PM
I'll probably end up doing residency in NJ...yahoo, home again.

I'm in full agreement with the frappucino comment...and I'll even give you a little secret I figured out:

take a frappucino (or two) and stick it in the blender with two scoops of chocolate ice cream. Goddamn...delicious AND chocked full o' energy. AMEN.
victorwootenfan Posted - 01/20/2003 : 11:36:24 AM
I really like those cold coffee's, like the frappacinos(sp?). damn those things are tasty! and the double shot of espresso you can buy in a can, that's pretty caffienated(sp?)!!
PJK Posted - 01/20/2003 : 07:41:15 AM
Yeah, actually I am, you know what they say about all work and no play! Glad to hear you do more than study!

Do you know where you will be interning at yet?
Dickey500 Posted - 01/20/2003 : 02:42:51 AM
yeah - I'm studying for the MD (nice work on remembering that). The coffee has nothing to do with work though...my roommate and I wanted to stay up and play with the new Xbox. Yup, 4 months shy of graduation, and I'm playing video games still. Aren't you all proud?

{=HTG=} Posted - 01/19/2003 : 6:45:32 PM
quote:
I'm a caffiene addict, among other things. THe best thing to do is to load up the filter and use a little less water than normal. YOu amy have to make a full pot first before the super brew comes out. THen let it slowly drip into the pot, and immediatly add sugar to taste. Put a little milk in if you want, but not too much cause milk offsets the caffiene ( Any caffiene addict can tell when it's a little diluted) Drink it as fast as you can, nad then cap it off with a glass of Mountain Dew or Surge, and then cap taht with a cigarette if you smoke. If not, then drink some extra Mountain Dew. Then take three Ginkogen's with four St. John's Wort and you'll be bouncing off the walls with a buzz so bad you won't be able to stop pacing about the house for seventeen hours. This is my "School Brew."

That idea Jay...is brilliant! Good ole' caffiene.
Jay Posted - 01/19/2003 : 12:41:36 PM
I love a hyper doctor.
PJK Posted - 01/19/2003 : 12:40:26 PM
Oh you poor thing! Glad it did the trick, but for someone who loves coffee the thought of using the grinds twice is like scratching ones nails on a chalkboard! Yuk!

My daughter works at Starbucks (she's officially a Barista (sp?)) and she gets a free pound of coffee beans each week.....gotta love a daughter who brings home the beans!hehehe

Hey, aren't you studying to be a doctor? Pretty much explains why you would NEED the caffine.
Dickey500 Posted - 01/19/2003 : 12:29:10 PM
yup, I actually used the grounds TWICE. I put a lot of sugar in my cups from the second batch and it kinda tasted like tea...did the trick though.
Jay Posted - 01/18/2003 : 10:33:25 PM
Black coffee seems to work better for when you need to get up. A full, laxtose-infused cup of joe will relax you. I can drink coffee before going to bed and I can still sleep. Of course, it takes me lots of caffiene to get hyper anymore...I think i have soem sort of tolerance thing.
PJK Posted - 01/17/2003 : 11:05:38 PM
Ohhhh please tell me you didn't really do that! Yuk! Bitter coffee! Oh but you are young...you can handle it!hehehe
Dickey500 Posted - 01/17/2003 : 11:01:36 PM
well, the first pot's wearing off....the second pot is now brewing. I went ghetto-style and left the grounds from the first brew in for the second brew.

Damn you, money...why don't you ever want to hang out with ME?
PJK Posted - 01/17/2003 : 10:49:27 PM
I love my coffee!!!! Must have it in the morning, other times can do without. I can drink some right before I go to bed and still sleep like a baby.
Jay Posted - 01/17/2003 : 10:26:51 PM
To be not able to think in school...and make it look like you are. Accually, I cna usually think when I do this...but I'm jsut really fucked up.
pcbTIM Posted - 01/17/2003 : 10:21:26 PM
OK.......then what would be the point of going to school?
Jay Posted - 01/17/2003 : 10:18:14 PM
Tis the point.
pcbTIM Posted - 01/17/2003 : 10:11:35 PM
Wow.........I wouldn't be able to think straight if I did that.
Jay Posted - 01/17/2003 : 10:09:13 PM
I'm a caffiene addict, among other things. THe best thing to do is to load up the filter and use a little less water than normal. YOu amy have to make a full pot first before the super brew comes out. THen let it slowly drip into the pot, and immediatly add sugar to taste. Put a little milk in if you want, but not too much cause milk offsets the caffiene ( Any caffiene addict can tell when it's a little diluted) Drink it as fast as you can, nad then cap it off with a glass of Mountain Dew or Surge, and then cap taht with a cigarette if you smoke. If not, then drink some extra Mountain Dew. Then take three Ginkogen's with four St. John's Wort and you'll be bouncing off the walls with a buzz so bad you won't be able to stop pacing about the house for seventeen hours. This is my "School Brew."
pcbTIM Posted - 01/17/2003 : 10:05:16 PM
I haven't had any caffiene in my system ever since the beginning of summer. All I can say is that I sleep better and my heart beats regularly.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000