Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Send Me Your Thoughts Please

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 01/16/2003 : 7:11:05 PM
I found out earlier this week, Tuesday, that my Grandma was in the hospital. She has had a history of trouble breathing. She had tuburculosis (I know I misspelled that) when she was young, and lost a lung, leaving her with only one. She's always been in and out of hospitals because of it, and sold her house and moved in with my aunt, uncle, and cousins a few years back. I guess she was having trouble breathing, so she went to the hospital.

Wednesday night I found out that she has been moved to ICU. Her carbon dioxide level is elevated, which is what usually happens, the doctors say, when the patient doesn't have very long to live.

So, our family wants to take her home, get nurses to come care for her there, so she can at least be comfortable, until she dies.

My family was going to go to Chicago, where she lives, on Saturday, but now that its clear that she may indeed die BEFORE then, we are going Friday. I just fear that we wont make it there before she dies.

This is a very sad time for my family. I don't really belive in God, or anything, but I do believe in prayer, and the power of thoughts and feelings being with someone in a time of need.

I'm just asking all of you to stop for a moment, and send me a thought, a wish for my grandmother to get well, or to at least die painlessly and to be comfortable, and AFTER my family gets to see her once more.

Thanks

Adam

AIM: Guitarguy305

Email: GuitarGuy305@hotmail.com
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 01/19/2003 : 10:12:14 PM
Yes I did. I haven't had time to respond yet, I'm sorry. But I did receive it. Thanks a lot

Adam
PJK Posted - 01/19/2003 : 12:03:46 PM
Adam, did you receive the email I forwarded? Hope so.
Jay Posted - 01/18/2003 : 10:30:57 PM
I sure hope everything turns out okay, man. It's a tough time, but we'll all still be with ya, for sure. All the best!
PJK Posted - 01/18/2003 : 9:53:03 PM
Adam, I am sure I speak for everyone when I say our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you.

I am so glad you got to visit with your grandmother and also that she is able to spend her last days in a family home with the people who love her and not in a sterile hospital room.

I am also thankful we are members of a board that is made up of people who genuinely care about each other.

My prayers are with you!
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 01/18/2003 : 9:40:53 PM
I just want to thank everyone that read this, and everyone that sent my family and my grandmother their thoughts and prayers in the last few days.

We got there on Friday, to the hospital, just as my grandmother was about to be released. An organization called Vitas is aiding my Aunt and Uncle in taking care of her. They send nurses a few times a week to help take care of her. But, in reality, this is all just to make sure that she is comfortable and taken care of in her last days.

The doctors say she is doing better now, and my Aunt and Uncle say she is 100% better than she WAS a few days ago. But, the doctors are giving her about 5 days to a week to live. She's still very weak, can barely speak, and is in and out of both consciousness and coherence. And she's been having some pretty intense dreams it sounds like. Dreams that she is actually confusing with reality.

Doctors are wrong a lot, and we hope they're wrong here. But my family admits to ourselves that whether it be days, weeks, or months, our grandmother doesnt have much time left with us.

We are just very very happy that we got to go see her, talk to her, tell her we loved her, and spend time with her this weekend, and what may be the last time we see her alive.

On that note, it means so much to me that you all sent your thoughts and prayers the way of my family. I have no doubt that those thoughts and prayers are what gave us this extra time, and gave my grandmother this "second wind" to get better somewhat long enough for us to see her for what may very well be one last time.

I just got home from Chicago about an hour ago, and now my family and I begin what will essentially be a waiting game. Waiting for phone calls and updates from our family on how she is doing.

Thank you all very much again,

Adam
Silky The Pimp Posted - 01/17/2003 : 09:26:11 AM
Ditto everything.
Evergreen Posted - 01/17/2003 : 08:51:00 AM
Adam, I'll be sending thoughts and prayers for you and your family.
I hope everything goes well for your Gram and I hope you make it to see her. Please let us know how you're doing when you get back.
PJK Posted - 01/17/2003 : 08:18:34 AM
Adam, did you get my email??? Hope things work out the way you want them to.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 01/16/2003 : 11:08:33 PM
That is more than enough Teri. Just because I don't believe in God doens't mean that your prayers for me and my grandma, and to God don't mean a lot. I believe in the power of prayer, like I said. And I believe that yours can help me, no matter what medium you decide to send your prayers through.

Thanks again

Adam
tericee Posted - 01/16/2003 : 9:08:38 PM
That's a bummer Adam, I hope you get there in time.

Prayers (and the though associated therewith) have gone out. I do believe in God, so that's who I was praying to. I will keep doing so for the next few days. I hope that's okay.
KevinLesko Posted - 01/16/2003 : 7:51:56 PM
Sorry to hear about that Adam, I have a very hard time dealing with death, so I'm afraid I'm at a bit of a loss for words... but know that I wish you and your family all the strength you'll need to pull through this difficult time in your lives.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000