Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 The Battle of Mexico City

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevinLesko Posted - 01/06/2003 : 4:55:50 PM
Ask me why I waited so long to buy Rage Against the Machine's DVD and I will shake my head in shame and say "I don't know". But I finally picked it up last night (final price was $10.08 after tax and my discount) and IT RULES!!! The setlist is amazing, everything rocks... but it also has a lot of interesting documentery footage in between songs on Mexico and the revolution of the Zapitistas. Also while scrolling around through the special features I was pleasantly surprised to find a sitdown interview that Zach (RATM frontman) conducted with none other that our good buddy Noam Chomsky. Anyways, I highly recomend picking up this DVD, it really made me sad that I never saw Rage while they were together.
27   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Fluffy Posted - 02/03/2003 : 5:06:22 PM
HEHE, and I did. HEHE Funny how that works. HEHE
KevinLesko Posted - 02/03/2003 : 5:04:26 PM
yeah yeah.. that was in reference to you mentioning it in the other post... which I'm sure you will realize in a second or two here.
Fluffy Posted - 02/03/2003 : 4:58:38 PM
How sychronistic, I mentioned that again in another topic moments ago. HEHE NEED MORE TIME IN THE DAY!!! Thanx for the links, I will check them out when I get more TIMe. Have to go help at the floodzone soon. HEHE
KevinLesko Posted - 02/03/2003 : 4:37:36 PM
To answer some questions about Tom Morello that were asked check out these two links I just discovered yesterday while I was bored at work. This is Tom's website, which he uses as a forum for his views... www.axisofjustice.org

and here is a link to an article on Tom in the current edition of Rolling Stone Magazine: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/printer_friendly.asp?nid=17431&cf=2045189
I highly recomend checking both out if you have the time (Fluffy, I'm still working on trying to get more time in a day... its a tough task, one that I think requires more time in day to complete... which makes for quite the catch 22!)
SpaceMonkey Posted - 01/16/2003 : 10:46:37 AM
I'm not sure if there's any difference...probably not in the actual show. I haven't watched it for a couple days, but I think the only special feature is a little tour photo journal (which is pretty funny)...the sound is crazy though...I know Neil is pretty fanatic about having good sound (there's an interview in SPIN where he talks about how bad MP3s sound to him), but this thing is seriously ridiculous...you can hear the actual footsteps of the gnomes running around and the gear getting lowered from the rafters..it's nuts. There isn't a bad song in the set and the gnomes dancing to Cinnamon Girl is awesome!

Speaking of gnomes...I hear TIM used to wear a robe during performances...any chance the you and Rew can get "gnomed-out" for the solo shows? That would kick ass.
Fluffy Posted - 01/11/2003 : 06:27:55 AM
I haven't actually seen the DVD of Rust Never Sleeps, but I have it on VHS. Do you know if there is any difference in the DVD vs. the VHS? Is it longer? Is there bonus materials? You are right, it is a brilliant show!!!
SpaceMonkey Posted - 01/10/2003 : 10:35:30 AM
I bought the Rage DVD 3 hours after I read this post...also got Rust Never Sleeps, which, if you are a Neil Young fan, you should buy immediately...killer show.
{=HTG=} Posted - 01/10/2003 : 06:15:30 AM
Here Fluffy, a Flaming Moe for you.
Fluffy Posted - 01/10/2003 : 04:04:26 AM
You'll love it, it is definitely worth $1.66, maybe even a little more. Keep in mind it may sound a little dated as it is over 10 years old but I still think it is a pretty powerful CD. It wasn't going to change the world of music but it is a good effort. I still enjoy it. As for any NEW news on Zach, unfortunately the answer is NO. In this case NO NEWS is NOT good news. Seems to just have vanished off the planet. I searched and searched for any newer info but there was none to be had. Keep your eyes open I am sure some press release will come out at some point.
KevinLesko Posted - 01/10/2003 : 01:30:22 AM
PERHAPS THE ODDEST SYNCHRONICITY EVER!!! (read on...)

OK, so when we were talking about that Lock Up (the former band of Tom Morello) I said I would look for it at work, well silly me I write down the name and title of the cd, but with my short-term memory being as shitty as it is, I forget to bring the paper to work. Fast forward to work a few hours later... the phone rings and a customer asks if we have an eboni foster cd, so I check in the computer and it sayd we have 2, but the price was 1.66 which means it is this huge clearance bin we have. Normally I wouldnt even bother looking through the 1000 or so cds (which are in no order) but I was bored so I did, and sure enough, about the 5th or 6th cd I come across... the original 1990 release of that LockUP cd! I think I even yelled out "Holy Shit" in the middle of the store.. just because it was so weird that it worked out that way, almost scary! Anyways I got the cd for 1.66 but I havent litened to it yet.
KevinLesko Posted - 01/10/2003 : 01:24:06 AM
Fluffy, I remember that reply of yours and how you said you didnt think Audioslave would be any good.

That news on Zach's new project has me all wet... but that article is a bit old, is there any new news on this?

Also, about Tom Morello being political... I read somewhere that his Dad is a famous activist, and that is where he gets it.
Fluffy Posted - 01/09/2003 : 3:25:07 PM
HAHA, that's funny, that was my response when someone mentioned Chris Cornell with ex-RATM members. Well Audioslave turned out to be great so that gives me hope for another seemingly mismatched collaboration. Should be interesting. Can't wait.
Saint Jude Posted - 01/09/2003 : 3:13:57 PM
zack and trent, now that i will have to hear.
Fluffy Posted - 01/09/2003 : 3:10:23 PM
Last I heard:

Zack De La Rocha Working With NIN's Trent Reznor
08.14.2002 5:31 PM EDT

Zack De La Rocha has gone from raging against the machine to raging with the pretty hate machine.

De La Rocha is working on his solo album with Trent Reznor in the Nine Inch Nails ringleader's New Orleans studio, the former Rage Against the Machine frontman's manager said Wednesday (August 14).

Although the rapid-fire rapper has been logging songs for the record for more than two years, it still does not have a title or release date.

Since he left Rage in the fall of 2000 (see "Zack Leaves Rage Against The Machine"), De La Rocha has worked with the Roots' ?uestlove, the Gorillaz's Dan the Automator and Cypress Hill's DJ Muggs (see "?uestlove Calls De La Rocha Solo LP Dangerous, Scary").

He also recorded with Company Flow's El-P before deciding to go solo full time (see "Rage's De La Rocha Ready To Start On Solo LP"), and plays drums on "Disavowed," a B-side on the 12-inch for DJ Shadow's "You Can't Go Home Again."

Earlier this year, De La Rocha provided guest vocals for Blackalicious' second album (see "Zack De La Rocha Joining Blackalicious On Blazing Arrow").

Meanwhile, his former bandmates have recorded an album with former Soundgarden singer Chris Cornell that is due in the fall, and also recently gave two tracks to DMX (see "DMX Teams Up With Rage Against The Machine").

Reznor has been recording music for various projects, including one called Tapeworm, which features another influential vocalist, Tool's Maynard James Keenan (see "Nine Inch Nails, Tool Frontmen Recording Together").

—Corey Moss
victorwootenfan Posted - 01/09/2003 : 3:02:20 PM
and what's zack doing now then?
Fleabass76 Posted - 01/08/2003 : 10:53:40 PM
I saw something that said in Audio Slave their music isn't going to be as political but Tom still is very active in civil liberty stuff, like i think a big percentage of their swag money goes to human rights orgs.
victorwootenfan Posted - 01/08/2003 : 10:41:14 PM
i thought that that song was on the live and rare cd. Such a good version isn't it?
Fluffy Posted - 01/07/2003 : 11:34:43 PM
That song was actually my impetus for buying Live and Rare. I love PE and I bet RATM does an awesome cover, but it is pretty expensive since it is a Japanese import. I just wanted to make sure the whole thing was worth having for that price. Thanx for the input. As for Lock-up, I really like it alot. It is not as hard or heavy as RATM but it still rocks in a funky-metal kinda way. I remember thinking they were kinda RHCP-like. Not to say that they sound just like them but definitely in that vein.
victorwootenfan Posted - 01/07/2003 : 9:34:29 PM
I've heard lock-up and the live and rare cd! both are very good, too bad they aren't as political anymore. i looked at some of their lyrics and it looks like it's political ideas, but not really lyrically spelled out like RATM. I used to be in a RATM cover band(sorta like that) and so i've heard pretty much everything they've ever did. I love their version of NWA's Fuck the Police, it kicks ass!
KevinLesko Posted - 01/07/2003 : 4:26:03 PM

They have it on Amazon but the reviews are not very helpful.
KevinLesko Posted - 01/07/2003 : 4:05:16 PM
I'll have to keep an eye out for that CD, I'll look for it at work tonight.

As for Live and Rare, I dont own it, but I've heard it a few times and I liked it a lot... it RAWKED.
PJK Posted - 01/07/2003 : 4:01:10 PM
Wow, so kewl. Fluffy....is there anyone you don't know????hehehe
Fluffy Posted - 01/07/2003 : 3:21:03 PM
Always been a Tom Morello fan. I even had a chance to play a show with him in Richmond way back when. He was in a band called Lock Up and we opened for them. My band at the TIMe was called SaddleTramp. I knew who the band was because I already had their CD but I had no idea TM would go on to such great heights. I remember really liking the band and I still listen to the CD. Apparently it has finally been reissued so it shouldn't be to hard to find for anyone who wants to check it out.

Lockup - Something Bitchin' This Way Comes
Tom Morello played guitar and did backing vocals for this band before Rage. Released on Geffen originally in 1990, re-released on Manifesto records this year.

Audioslave chooses next single:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1459098/20021211/story.jhtml
Saint Jude Posted - 01/07/2003 : 3:01:54 PM
Its a cool dvd, but for the songs that they aired on mtv, they are still eddited (vocaly) so u cant hear swears on the dvd. Its stupid, especialy for a band that fights so much for freedom and human rights.

Tom Morello (guitarist for ratm and audioslave) went to harvard. Graduated in the top 2 percent or sumthin insiane like that. He is just as if not more political then Zach. He actualy goes out to rallys and gives speaches and such. www.ratm.com
Fluffy Posted - 01/07/2003 : 2:22:09 PM
I haven't heard it in their music and all the reviews I have read elude to Zack having taken that part of the band with him. I am sure the other guys are into the issues as well, but I think with CC they decided to make music, not a political statement.

That is really kewl about Noam, I really want to check that out. I just found a Japanese import CD called Live and Rare by RATM. I am thinking about buying it. Does anyone have it already?
victorwootenfan Posted - 01/06/2003 : 9:12:22 PM
I taped that from MTV2 when it was on a few years ago. it's a killer dvd/video! Too bad my version doesn't have the noam chomsky interview. But the between song footage is awesome, i have so much respect for those guys. Is audioslave political too?
PJK Posted - 01/06/2003 : 8:34:30 PM
Wow, that is so kewl...an interview with Noam! I may have to get it just to see that! I sure wouldn't mind seeing them play as well! I know what you mean about waiting. I got some cds for Christmas and wondered why I didn't buy them myself long before.Better late than never!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000