Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 The Watchers...Burt presses ON

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Fluffy Posted - 01/03/2003 : 8:58:51 PM
FEAR FACTORY Frontman Completes Work On 'Solo' Demo

THE WATCHERS, the new project featuring FEAR FACTORY frontman Burton C. Bell and longtime FEAR FACTORY collaborator/keyboardist John Bechdel, have completed work on a six-song demo, titled "Iconoclast".

The tracks featured on the CD are as follows:

01. Evading
02. Moonshine
03. Residual Presence
04. On The River
05. Hypnotized (FLEETWOOD MAC cover)
06. Quintessence (instrumental)

An full-length MP3 of "Residual Presence" can be downloaded from the band's official web site at THIS LOCATION.

Commented Bell: "For a demo, I am really happy with the way it has turned out. Of course, it could use a better mix, but I made due, to the best of my ability. I will be placing 'Residual Presence' on the site as an mp3, so you will be able to hear 1 song for now. I am certain most of you will be surprised with what you hear, and some will even send extremely negative feedback. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, however, there will be those that understand, and will appreciate the music I have created.

"In the start of the New Year, I will be sending demos out to record labels to start shopping for the deal that best suits my goals, needs, and wants. Being that I am officially a 'free agent,' it will be interesting to see what offers come to fruition. So far, the only people that have the demo are family and friends. They have the full 6 songs. The labels will be receiving a 3-song demo, which is 'Evading', 'Moonshine', and 'Residual Presence'. If they are interested in hearing more, I will send them the rest.

"I am currently getting prepared to find group of individuals that are interested in playing the music I have written, and also interested in writing new and amazing music. It has been a year and a week since I have played live, and I am getting the itch to sing live, once more. My music has been very therapeutic for me. Now, I just need to involve the people that want to hear something new, and interesting.

"This music is nothing like [FEAR FACTORY], except for the fact that I am singing on it. The lyrics are deep with questions of life and love, spirituality and eternity. It is very scenic, and if you listened to it in a moving vehicle, you can see the passing scenery is in rhythm with the sounds of the music. (I know you hate it when I am vague, but I cannot compare it to other bands, or you will already judge it before it is heard.)

"What will the New Year bring? I am not Nostradamus, (I have been accused of it), so I can't make predictions. All I can do is prepare for the future, and be ready for anything that comes into my flow. That is all we can do. So, I have made a plan to follow, and I will see what happens!"

16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
KevinLesko Posted - 02/11/2003 : 04:26:16 AM
quote:
LMK if this course of action appeals to you.

OOOh, baby! I find it VERY appealing!
Fluffy Posted - 02/08/2003 : 10:32:37 PM
Looks to me like alot of the ones shown there aren't actually in-stock anymore. It might make more sense for me to just take a picture of what we have and send it to you. LMK if this course of action appeals to you.
KevinLesko Posted - 02/08/2003 : 01:48:12 AM
I'll open that in Adobe and see if I can do anything... I'll also ask my roomate Tony, he is a studio art majo and knows adobe photoshop like the back of his hand.
tericee Posted - 01/28/2003 : 10:23:41 PM
I was very happy that Burt wasn't wearing his 930 Staff shirt at Magic Castle. I might have had to deck him.

Here's an attempt at posting a 930 merch image:

I guess it's an animated gif. All I got from clicking and dragging was the same fast moving photos in different browser window. It moves awfully fast on my LAN connection, but I like Josh (the model), so I decided to leave it in my post.

Kevin, do you have any software that can slow it down or separate it into discrete images?

teri
KevinLesko Posted - 01/28/2003 : 4:18:23 PM
Hey Fluffy, It's still pretty tough to see the shirts in that page, but from what I saw, either the black one with the red writing, or the navy blue one with 9:30 across the chest looks kewl... and as for the FLUFFY SUCKS shirt, you have yourself a deal... and from this day forward, I will have to search for a "Kevin Sucks" shirt!!
Fluffy Posted - 01/27/2003 : 6:22:37 PM
Hey Kev, were you ever able to see the 9:30 t-shirts? LMK which one you want and I will be happy to pick it up for you.(As long as you get a "Fluffy Sucks" t-shirt to go along with it.HEHE)
Fluffy Posted - 01/11/2003 : 06:46:19 AM
Well I checked out the MERCH link and when it first loaded it slowly scrolled thru the pictures but once it had cycled once it began to speed up to a frenetic pace. I could not get the drag and drop to work either. I will mention it to our website guru at the club. I would suggest trying again and maybe you will have luck and it will slowly slide-show thru the pictures and you can see them. I actually noticed alot of the ones shown there we don't even have anymore. We have lots of other styles that aren't represented. Sweatshirts, hoodies, baseball jerseys, girlie tees, etc etc etc.
KevinLesko Posted - 01/10/2003 : 5:34:58 PM
man, I'd love to see all the different shirt styles, but I cant get that merch picture to stop moving, it says to "click and drag" but that doesnt seem to help
tericee Posted - 01/10/2003 : 2:21:26 PM
I have a plain old 9:30 club t-shirt. I want a *staff* shirt. It's just not the same.
Fluffy Posted - 01/10/2003 : 04:18:59 AM
Mick Fleetwood on HYPNOTIZED:

Hypnotized
From Mystery To Me LP 1973 (Reprise)

In England our Bob Welch period meant very little but in America we were doing OK on the underground college circuit. Hypnotized is classic Bob Welch from a relatively unknown era of Fleetwood Mac that gets overlooked. It was one of Bob's first songs for us, and lyrically interesting because it deals with UFOs, which he was fascinated by. I started a groove in the session, we added the band when we rehearsed it. It's so damn simple. Ba-ba-ba-bom, ba-ba-ba-bom, ba-ba-ba-bom, ba-ba-ba-bom. No drum fills, nothing. It's so simple, but drummers used to ask me how to do it. It's nothing but a snare drum and the rest of the beats are on a bass drum, fairly briskly played, yet they never cop it.

This is also the beginning of the vocal harmonics which later became our trade mark.

My guess is after Bob Welch left, anyTIMe they performed the song Lindsay would sing it, so any live recording after the Bob Welch period would probably have Lindsay singing. I can't find a legitimate Live recording of that song by Fleetwood Mac with Lindsay or of Lindsay doing it on his own.

As for the 9:30 Club T-shirt, I can't get you the exact one Rew had on as that was a staff shirt, BUT the logo is the official 9:30 Club logo:

www.930.com

We do have lots of other shirts with the logo on them. I can pick one up for you if you see one you like.
KevinLesko Posted - 01/10/2003 : 02:11:29 AM
Fluffy, I REALLY DIG that song that I downloaded!!! If you get a chance to tell Burt, tell him I really like that new direction.

Thanks for the info about Hypnotized, I'm not knowledgable about their early days (before Rumors). I looked at all of Lindsey's solo discs and I didn't see that song listed on any of them but I know I've heard a Lindsey solo version of it, si it must have been live. Now It's bugging me! Where did I hear that???

Finally, Let this begin my official bugging for a 9;30 shirt! I dug the one that REW was wearing at the HOB show (looks like an anolog alarm clock writing)
Fluffy Posted - 01/07/2003 : 11:06:48 PM
Yeah, well you probably never begged for one. Burt had been begging for years. HEHE He was so happy when Rew gave it to him. He was wearing it the other day when I talked to him as well. He really likes that shirt.
tericee Posted - 01/07/2003 : 8:45:14 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

If you look very closely, you will see Burt(on the right)wearing a 9:30 club t-shirt. That shirt was given to him by our own Mr.(c)Rew.

I am totally jealous. Mr. (c)Rew never gave me a 9:30 club staff t-shirt. And I am WAY cuter than Burt.
Fluffy Posted - 01/07/2003 : 2:41:20 PM
It was on the Fleetwood Mac album Mystery to Me, the album just prior to Stevie Nicks joining. I am pretty sure Bob Welch sings the song for Fleetwood Mac. Burt's version is awesome. He slowed it down a bit. Ironically, or sychronistically, that has always been one of my fave FM songs. When Burt told me he was going to cover it, he couldn't believe I knew it and that it was one of my faves. It would not surprise me if there is a LB version of the song, he probably wrote it. I am not sure who is credited with the actually writing of the song, I always figured Bob Welch wrote it. I am also a big Bob Welch solo fan. His solo stuff sounds much like Hypnotized which is why I always assumed he wrote it.
KevinLesko Posted - 01/06/2003 : 02:41:51 AM
I'm downloading that single right now.. so I hope to be listening to it soon. On a side note... is Hypnotized a Fleetwood Mac song or a Buckingham solo? I seem to remember that song being on one of Lindsey's solo discs. Is Burt a big Lindsey Buckingham fan? Just curious after seeing that song listed and because I myself am a HUGE fan, both of Lindsey and Fleetwood as a whole.
Fluffy Posted - 01/03/2003 : 9:35:17 PM

Here is a picture of Burt and John in the studio working on the demo. If you look very closely, you will see Burt(on the right)wearing a 9:30 club t-shirt. That shirt was given to him by our own Mr.(c)Rew.

To check out other pictures from the session, go to:

http://thewatchers.org/html/multimedia.htm

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000