Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 For Fluffy and PJK

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Ccr152 Posted - 01/03/2003 : 1:17:52 PM
i recorded michael nyman's piano theme on guitar, and put it up on my mp3.com site. check it out if you'd like: http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/467/brian_schmidt.html

take it easy.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PJK Posted - 01/11/2003 : 11:57:07 AM
Hey HTG and Ccr152....I got the Bela DVD and I am watching it over and over! God it's great! Can't say enough about it! WOW!!!!! I never knew how amazing Bela was! Is!!!! Geeze, and Jeff and Victor!!!Whoa!!!!! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!! Soooo glad you posted this!

I also loved Sandip Burman, naturally....he is playing "my" instrument....no bias there hehehehe

Got to go and get my work done. Just had to take a break and write this, hope you both see it!

FYI...I LOVE the tabla and while I won't be starting formal lessons for a week or two, I am having great fun playing them and I have a video which is for beginners so I have things I can do. Sooo glad I got them!!!
PJK Posted - 01/06/2003 : 3:44:06 PM
Brian, I did order the DVD from amazon....can't wait to see it!

Pedro and Brian thanks for the information on the cd. I am definitely going to get Live Art. Really appreciate your input. Again Thanks!
Ccr152 Posted - 01/06/2003 : 11:01:32 AM
exactly what i would have said.
{=HTG=} Posted - 01/05/2003 : 8:18:56 PM
'Left of Cool' is really good. The first CD with Jeff Coffin. But if you really want a taste of the Flecktones, you must own 'Live Art.' Best 2 cd's you will ever listen too. 'Live Art' is what got me hooked on the Flecktones.
PJK Posted - 01/05/2003 : 6:10:28 PM
Well I went to Best Bye and FYE, in the snow no less and neither one had the dvd! I am soooo bummed so I will order from amazon because I really want it and don't feel like going all over for it. I saw that amazon does carry it so I will just have to be patient. I tried!

It will be something to look forward to so its all good.
BTW can anyone recommend a Bela Fleck and the Flecktones cd? I have Outbound but would like another. There were so many at Best Buy I couldn't make up my mind.
PJK Posted - 01/05/2003 : 12:10:59 PM
Hey thanks Brian!!! I got a number of gift cards to Best Buy for Christmas so I am going to go and see if they have that DVD....sounds so amazing! I also have a gift card to FYE or whatever that store is and so if BB doesn't have it I will look at fye at the mall.

Sorry about the huge gap in my prior post..I fixed it. Anyway I am so glad your roommate is interested in the Tabla! John at Buckingham is the one I got information from to locate an instructor. You really can't learn this without an instructor, at least not to start with. I am sure there is someone in your area for your roommate to get some instruction from. (Where do you live anyway? State?)Your roommate is going to have a much easier time learning than I will because of his music background in percussion. Let me tell you he won't regret it! He can email John directly @ www.john@buckinghammusic.com" target="_blank">www.john@buckinghammusic.com and he will answer any questions he may have. He was extremely imformative and patient with me.
Tell your roommate I said he is VERY WELCOME
Ccr152 Posted - 01/05/2003 : 11:46:57 AM
yeah, that picture that htg posted is of sandip burman, a guy who guests on the stage during the bela fleck dvd. i say that you, as someone who is into the tabla, and into music at all, MUST OWN THAT DVD. its called 'live at the quick.' it is absolutely amazing, the most concentrated amount of talent on a single stage. there is a man who can sing three notes at one time, there is a segment of bela and his old banjo teacher playing one banjo at the same time, there is victor slapping the shit out his bass like its a konga drum then throwing it around his body, and bela is just incredible. even if youre not into the flecktones, you will be after you watch that dvd. check it out!

i told my roommate all that info you gave me. he thanks you very much.
PJK Posted - 01/04/2003 : 9:01:18 PM
Hey Brain...enlighten me because I am confused. Is there someone who plays the tabla on Bela Flecks DVD???? I am not really into Bela or should I say I just got one of their cd's for Christmas (along with a lot of other cd's) and I really like it but I don't know much about the band. It isn't the same cd as the DVD you got so I don't know whats on the dvd.

Tell your roommate that I got my tabla from Buckingham music in Austin TX. Go to www.buckinghammusic.com and then click on tablas. I delt with John from there and he was great!!!!Do not buy a tabla from e-bay. There is much to know about them and the grading of them should be done by an expert. Buckingham is recommended by David Courtney who not only plays the tabla but has written many books and has done videos on the tabla. I actually purchased his books and a video. David's website is www.chandrakantha.com and contains a lot of information. So glad your roommate is interested in it....I thought I was the only crazy one, hehehe. I was even getting worried that I had made a mistake buying them but when my tabla arrived and I sat on the floor with them I knew I was meant to play them....I just love them!(technically only one of the drums is a tabla but people have been calling both tabla for so long that now that is how they are known)
E-mail me and keep me posted on what your roommate decides to do and keep me posted on your music as well.
Pam
Ccr152 Posted - 01/04/2003 : 5:12:17 PM
i first heard about the tabla from you, and i told my roommate about it (who's big into percussion). then i got the bela fleck dvd with christmas money and showed it to him, now he has to have one. where did you get yours? he's thinking about ebay, is that safe?

its such a huge compliment to hear that people just voluntarily listen to my music. everyone here has been real supportive. its great because this is something i couldnt help doing anyway (making music), and when other people like it thats a great feeling. keep checking the site because ill keep putting new songs up there...thanks again, very much.
PJK Posted - 01/04/2003 : 09:46:18 AM
Thanks HTG I will! hehehe

BTW Fluffy, it isn't hard to get his songs to play, just click on his site. It plays on AOL music player probably with other types as well, did you go on the site? Try it if you haven't and just click on the type of hookup you have "high" or "low" speed. See what happens, it is worth a try.
{=HTG=} Posted - 01/04/2003 : 12:00:19 AM
quote:
Isn't music the greatest! Maybe next year I will have some tabla music to share with you

Sounds good Pam, and lets us know when your playing like Sandip Burman.

Fluffy Posted - 01/03/2003 : 10:35:39 PM
Hey Ccr152, I would love to hear it, but I still cannot manipulate those mp3's. Unfortunately I am still stuck in the old skool daze of CD's. HEHE, but I would love to hear it someTIMe.
PJK Posted - 01/03/2003 : 8:35:01 PM
Hey Brian....I use your site to listen to while I am on line. I am listening to it now...Blue over black is on....

I just got my tabla yesterday....it's killing me not to fool around with them but I want to waite until I see my instructor (Lenny) because the skins can be easily damaged and also you have to use talc or even the slightest moisture from your hand can do damage. I am going to answer afew e-mails and then go and read my tabla books!

Isn't music the greatest! Maybe next year I will have some tabla music to share with you.
Ccr152 Posted - 01/03/2003 : 7:28:41 PM
thank you very much. you made me blush...i recorded a few new songs last night, some of my favorite stuff (personally). it should be up there in a few days so stay tuned! thanks again pam.
PJK Posted - 01/03/2003 : 2:54:54 PM
Brian.....WOW!!!!! I Love it!!!!! Ofcourse I had to keep playing the rest too.....I love your music....really great mix!

Can't thank you enough for putting this out and sharing!!!!

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000