Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Tim Reynolds - Message Board
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Tim In the earlier years

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: How many total fingers does a human have?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
smokedank Posted - 12/31/2002 : 9:48:33 PM
Whad up everybody,
I was wondering if anybody knew of tim's past life like in the 70's and stuff like that. I was also wondering if anybody knew what kind of drugs he used to take to take to lead him to his magical music that he writes?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tericee Posted - 01/10/2003 : 6:32:48 PM
Did we skip the Flaming Moe yet again?
therippa Posted - 01/10/2003 : 5:49:29 PM
Someone over at Nancies told me that Tim smokes the brains of aliens before shows, they contain a certain chemical that gives him blinding speed and agility on the guitar
victorwootenfan Posted - 01/10/2003 : 5:40:46 PM
you know if a few more people post on this we can make it a flamer. anyone, anyone? a call to all the post whore's out there, flame this thread!
Fluffy Posted - 01/03/2003 : 12:47:21 AM
So it's too late to welcome smokedank aBOARD? Oh well, I guess welcome aBOARD and goodbye, all in the same breath!!
PJK Posted - 01/02/2003 : 9:50:08 PM
Hehehe....humm Spanish cheese eh???? Actually cheese was first made my accident by an Arabian merchent who put his milk into a pouch made of sheeps skin and headed out on a journey into the desert. The suns heat separated the milk into curd and whey. He found the whey quenched his thirst and the curd had a delightful flavor which satisfied his hunger. Ok, between you and me, this guy was out in the sun too long.....no "whey" that curd tasted delightful! Yuk! But alas so the legend goes.

HAHAHAHAHA and you thought I couldn't talk about cheese!HEHEHEHEHEHE.....cheesey I know!
{=HTG=} Posted - 01/02/2003 : 8:23:32 PM
The journey of our posts...
victorwootenfan Posted - 01/02/2003 : 7:15:37 PM
Okay new topic guys. Spanish cheese as opposed to American made craft. Discuss!
PJK Posted - 01/02/2003 : 06:42:01 AM
Hey Adam.....I know you weren't trying to argue with me....I actually knew when I wrote the thing about millions of hours I was going to hear about it from somebody.(and I heard about it from 2 somebodies...hehehe) Did you ever write something and you keep thinking "I really shouldn't say it this way" but you do anyway....well that's what happened! Actually I think it's kind of funny!!!!

I have a feeling smokedank has left anyway so it really doesn't matter. You and the rest of the board regulars already know why Tim is so awesome.

Now somebody come up with some new topics so we have other things to talk about!
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 01/01/2003 : 10:50:34 PM
quote:
Originally posted by genome
millions of hours would be at least two of what you said, so at least 228

I know. I wasn't trying to argue with you, I was just posting the math to show how roughly how many years a million hours is.

No disrespect intended

Adam
PJK Posted - 01/01/2003 : 10:06:02 PM
Geeze you guys don't give up!HAHAHAHA

Great, now everyone knows Tim is over 228 years old! Looks pretty damn good for his age eh?????

(Mental note: Never exaggerate on this board!) hehehe
genome Posted - 01/01/2003 : 9:23:20 PM
quote:
Originally posted by GuitarGuy305

One Million Hours/24 hours= 41,666.66 days/365 days= 114.15 years.

yea exactly, so
quote:
millions of hours
would be at least two of what you said, so at least 228
victorwootenfan Posted - 01/01/2003 : 8:37:00 PM
Then again with a name like smokedank, you can't expect much outside of drug use... Welcome aboard if you post again.
GuitarGuy305 Posted - 01/01/2003 : 1:54:50 PM
One Million Hours/24 hours= 41,666.66 days/365 days= 114.15 years.

Here is how I see it. Buying the same guitars, guitar effects, picks, slides, amps, guitar stands, strings, string winders, tuners, straps, cowboy hats, food, beverages, and clothing as Tim is not working for some who strive to be like him. They think that if they find out exactly what kind of drugs Tim has done, and construct their own drug regimen based on that, they may be able to play like him after all. To these people I have three words of advice on how they may one day be good as Tim, and it has nothing to do with effects, what kind of guitar you have, what kind of pick you use, or how much pot you've smoked....

Practice, practice, practice

Adam
PJK Posted - 01/01/2003 : 12:28:36 PM
HAHAHAHA I knew someone would pick up on that but I wanted to make the point that it was his playing not drugs that made him what he is today.
genome Posted - 01/01/2003 : 11:41:18 AM
quote:
Originally posted by PJK

I am willing to guess he has logged in thousands of thousands if not millions of hours playing guitar and different instruments. I bet there hasn't been a day in the last 30 plus years that Tim hasn't picked up an instrument and played it.

not to disagree for disagreements sake, but tim would have to be over 228 years old to hvae played millions of hours. just a fyi
but of course i am not disagreing with your point.
PJK Posted - 01/01/2003 : 11:12:44 AM
Out of curiosity why do you care about the drugs, smokedank????

I don't know exactly what Tim may or may not have been on but if you think drugs were the reason he writes "magical music" then I think you are on the wrong track.

Artists don't become great via drugs. It is more of a talent they are born with and learn to develope. Tim is so great now because of one thing and one thing only....he developed his talent by playing music.....a lot!!!!!!!!!!! I am willing to guess he has logged in thousands of thousands if not millions of hours playing guitar and different instruments. I bet there hasn't been a day in the last 30 plus years that Tim hasn't picked up an instrument and played it.

If you are asking because you want to follow in his footsteps then I would say practice....and then practice more! If you just want to know why he is so amazing then I think I answered that.

I hope I haven't offended you but I would really hate for any young fans to think drugs were the reason Tim is the accomplished musician he is.

BTW welcome!
Erich Posted - 01/01/2003 : 06:26:35 AM
the only thing i know about tim and drugs is him saying he smokes up before shows, that was on the crazewire.com interview that fluffy posted before. after that I honestly dont think theres anything out there that mentions anything.
Street-Samurai Posted - 01/01/2003 : 05:34:56 AM
Welcome smokedank. All I know is that the song Flourescence(also called valley of flowers) is about the "decadent seventies". That doesn't answer your question but it's along the same lines. And as far what drugs he takes... Ummm I seem to remember this topic once before and it got a little heated.
{=HTG=} Posted - 01/01/2003 : 03:32:19 AM
Welcome aboard dank.
Erich Posted - 12/31/2002 : 11:04:26 PM
welcome aboard. for future referance, there is a TIM REYNOLDS section of the board where people can dicuss him primarily.

As for his early years, you can read his bio on the main page, has some cool pics too.

Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000